AquaClass Embarkation

melody-s

I read that there is a special embarkation line for concierge and aqua class. I have a cruise scheduled on the Silhouette out of FLL. How busy/crowded is that process?

I am asking because I have Asperger's Syndrome (high functioning autism) and have a hard time with crowds and noise. If it is really bad I will need to reach out to Celebrity special services to get a bit of help with embarkation to prevent a bad experience. I don't want to use the service unnecessarily, so I am asking ahead.

Also, can anyone recommend some quiet spots on the ship where I can curl up with a good book?

Definitely contact special services.

The special embarkation services are offered to many, many passengers: suites, Aqua Class, Elites, Concierge Class. On some sailings this may be 2/3 of the passengers and the ones who AREN'T receiving the expedited embarkation actually move through the process more quickly than the ones who are.

That being said, those who are receiving the special services such as wheelchair assistance generally move through the check-in more quickly than anyone else, so perhaps you would qualify for that.

It's always worth asking how to make the check-in go the smoothest for you.

Yes there is a line for Aqua class but like any line it can be empty or lined up depending on when you arrive. Totally unpredictable. And it can be noisy just because all the cruisers embark in the same area. Just different lines. You might want to go ahead and contact special services if you are concerned.

Lots of quite areas on the ship . Tour around and find a spot you like and then watch your daily and avoid it if there is an event going on. Can be hit or miss. But you will always find quite places.!!

We embarked on the Reflection last week at 11am and there were no lines at all!! walked right on.:D

Hi, Cruisestich is correct (as usual:D).

There are quite a few lines for checking in and AQ is one of them.

But sometimes there are other lines with less people and you could

go on one of them. Sometimes there might be an empty line while

another one has 3 people (just an example)....take the shortest

one;)

As for quiet places to read? I am also going on Silhouette in April,

(which cruise are you on?)...I have sailed all the other ships though,

and there is place up on deck 15 which is outside. Portside, there

are tables and chairs (near the grass) and I always see people

reading their books up there:)

Thanks for the feedback :)

Sounds like a call to special services is in my future. It was very helpful with my last cruise on NCL. NCL was not right for me, but I appreciated their efforts. I just don't like using additional help unless it is truly necessary.

My cruise isn't until early 2014, and I will keep deck 15 in mind.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Sounds like a call to special services is in my future. It was very helpful with my last cruise on NCL. NCL was not right for me, but I appreciated their efforts. I just don't like using additional help unless it is truly necessary.

My cruise isn't until early 2014, and I will keep deck 15 in mind.

I haven't been on Silhouette yet, we go in April, but the hideaway midship on Deck 7 (at the elevator area) looks like a great spot to curl up. The large hanging chairs look wonderful to me. We also really enjoy the Solarium. In three S class cruises, it has always been very quiet in there and it is very comfortable. If you go early and can snag one of the private curtained chairs, that may be perfect for you.

Also, we have never encountered long lines for check in. May have to wait 5 minutes or so. With AQ, you really should be fine but of course there is no way to say with 100% accuracy.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

We sailed on the Silly in 2011. The Hideaway was an interesting spot with funky bean bag chairs, couches, etc. It seemed to be inhabited mostly by teenagers who were either reading or listening to iPods. The Library is on decks 10 and 11 and is very quiet. Second the comment about reading on your balcony. It's the ultimate quiet spot. I think you will find plenty of spots on your own. It's a big ship.

The relaxation room in the spa is another quiet area for you to consider. My cruise is not until later this year so i have not yet experienced it, but my understanding is that talking should be minimized so not to disturb others.

Sheal

Archived