Switching Rooms...

Born4Travel

I will be traveling with 16 of my family members. For some strange reason my family is separated from everyone else by 1 room. So will not be able to connect the balconies. :( I have another family member who would be willing to switch rooms with me so I can be closer to my mom. My question: Will it be possible to switch them once on board? Our grumpy TA said if we even tried now we could lose our rooms all together. :confused: That would be worse.

Thanks for any help.

I will be traveling with 16 of my family members. For some strange reason my family is separated from everyone else by 1 room. So will not be able to connect the balconies. :( I have another family member who would be willing to switch rooms with me so I can be closer to my mom. My question: Will it be possible to switch them once on board? Our grumpy TA said if we even tried now we could lose our rooms all together. :confused: That would be worse.

Thanks for any help.

Send and e-mail to Princess direct and speak with Guest Relations when on the ship - All should be okay - Have arranged this before - PS Change your TA

Send and e-mail to Princess direct and speak with Guest Relations when on the ship - All should be okay - Have arranged this before - PS Change your TA

Thanks I will try that. :)

As for the TA, she isn't mine. Another family member chose her. I, however, will not use her again. She needs to look up the definition of customer service. :D

To clarify what was said above....you will not be able to discuss this now with Princess, only with your grumpy TA. So don't bother emailing Princess on this now. But once onboard, it is a very simple process to switch rooms. All you need is the other room's occupants and your room's occupants to all go to the PSD and say 'we want to switch our rooms'. Do it as soon as you board the ship and before anyone buys any soda stickers or drinks or whatever on their onboard accounts to minimize any confusion on the transfer of charges. (Princess actually does a good job of this, your account is a separate number not linked to your room number, but the sooner you do this the easier.)

As for the balcony doors. How many rooms in a row do you have? IIRC, there may be a limit as to how many doors in a row can be opened. I know there is no door at the firewall, and I seem to recall there was a limit, maybe 4?, that can be opened at one time. I am not sure of the number, but I do know someone else with recent experience on balcony doors will likely post here with more information.

To clarify what was said above....you will not be able to discuss this now with Princess, only with your grumpy TA. So don't bother emailing Princess on this now. But once onboard, it is a very simple process to switch rooms. All you need is the other room's occupants and your room's occupants to all go to the PSD and say 'we want to switch our rooms'. Do it as soon as you board the ship and before anyone buys any soda stickers or drinks or whatever on their onboard accounts to minimize any confusion on the transfer of charges.

As for the balcony doors. How many rooms in a row do you have? IIRC, there may be a limit as to how many doors in a row can be opened. I know there is no door at the firewall, and I seem to recall there was a limit, maybe 4?, that can be opened at one time. I am not sure of the number, but I do know someone else with recent experience on balcony doors will likely post here with more information.

I stand corrected - Thank you - I should have said e-mail Princess (being the ship).

To clarify what was said above....you will not be able to discuss this now with Princess, only with your grumpy TA. So don't bother emailing Princess on this now. But once onboard, it is a very simple process to switch rooms. All you need is the other room's occupants and your room's occupants to all go to the PSD and say 'we want to switch our rooms'. Do it as soon as you board the ship and before anyone buys any soda stickers or drinks or whatever on their onboard accounts to minimize any confusion on the transfer of charges. (Princess actually does a good job of this, your account is a separate number not linked to your room number, but the sooner you do this the easier.)

Ok. No emailing now. Get on ship and go there first. Got it.

Thank you all so much. I really appreciate all the help. You make up for a grumpy TA. :rolleyes:

Thanks I will try that. :)

As for the TA, she isn't mine. Another family member chose her. I, however, will not use her again. She needs to look up the definition of customer service. :D

Your family member's TA is not telling the truth. It is so easy to change room between two reservations in the system. When I get guarantees and I want a different room, a call to my TA and it's taken care of...your TA really needs to look up the definition of customer service. :D

Your family member's TA is not telling the truth. It is so easy to change room between two reservations in the system. When I get guarantees and I want a different room, a call to my TA and it's taken care of...your TA really needs to look up the definition of customer service. :D

They sail in 3 weeks, its not worth the hassle and the possiblity of a fee being accessed by the grumpy TA. :eek:

Much easier to do it onboard. ;)

Ok, maybe I'm missing a point here, but why not just switch rooms and don't tell anybody. They won't know who's sleeping in which room. The OP can be in the room beside Mom and everybody's happy.......just don't charge a Ultimate balcony Dinner to the room.......

Ok, maybe I'm missing a point here, but why not just switch rooms and don't tell anybody. They won't know who's sleeping in which room. The OP can be in the room beside Mom and everybody's happy.......just don't charge a Ultimate balcony Dinner to the room.......

I agree just do it once onboard

Your cruise card does two things:

a) Opens the door to your cabin

b) Lets you charge things to your account

If you just switch rooms, you will not be able to get into your new cabin.

If you just switch cards with the other occupant, everything you charge will go to the other person's account (and vice-versa).

I am thinking if I did that, then any charges to the room would be inaccurate.

However, I have never done this before.

Archived