Elua-Schedule Change

Elua

Aloha Kakou,

I am writing to let everyone know of a schedule change for us coming up in April. Princess has recently asked us to go to Japan to perform on the Sun Princess for their inaugural Japanese sailing . As of right now, we will be disembarking the Golden Princess on April 19th and flying to Japan.

We apologize to those of you who will be on the Golden's last cruise, but certainly hope you will understand. The Japanese are very passionate about their Hawaiian culture and music, and while we are sad about missing the remainder of the season, and getting to perform for many of you, we are excited to be traveling to Japan and performing for the passengers there.

We are currently slated to join the Star Princess for the 2013-14 season, so we would hope to see as many of you as possible on this wonderful itinerary.

Aloha No,

Dave

(of Elua)

http://www.eluaworld.blogspot.com

Sad to hear we won't get to spend the whole of our cruise "with" you , and I hear David Cole too?

Its a shame, you guys were one of the reasons we chose the Golden primarily. At least we'll get to enjoy some time with you :)

Aloha Kakou,

I am writing to let everyone know of a schedule change for us coming up in April. Princess has recently asked us to go to Japan to perform on the Sun Princess for their inaugural Japanese sailing . As of right now, we will be disembarking the Golden Princess on April 19th and flying to Japan.

We apologize to those of you who will be on the Golden's last cruise, but certainly hope you will understand. The Japanese are very passionate about their Hawaiian culture and music, and while we are sad about missing the remainder of the season, and getting to perform for many of you, we are excited to be traveling to Japan and performing for the passengers there.

We are currently slated to join the Star Princess for the 2013-14 season, so we would hope to see as many of you as possible on this wonderful itinerary.

Aloha No,

Dave

(of Elua)

http://www.eluaworld.blogspot.com

Wow, this being our first cruise with Princess AND to have the infamous Elua onboard as well was adding to my excitement. I'm so sorry that we will only get to be with you for part of the cruise.

I think that it is a great opportunity and hopefully we will be able to cruise with you for the whole trip sometime down the road.

Mahalo!

Congratulations, Leialoha and Dave!!! What a wonderful, and well-deserved honor for you.

On Princess, you embody "Hawaii", and thousands of us have had the pleasure of your company and performances!!

Hurry back to the Hawaii itineraries, as soon as Princess will allow it!!! You will be missed.

Dave, please keep us informed about the 2013-2014 season and where you will be. Can't imagine Hawaii sailing without you and would book whatever ship you are on.

Looking forward to sailing with you again. Have a wonderful time in Japan. What a great opportunity for you both.

Hi Dave - We got so excited when we saw the title of your post!! We were so hoping that it might have been a transfer to Star Princess for her South Pacific cruise that we will be on the end of March! So sorry that wasn't the case, but we wish you good times cruising Japan. Mahalo for past times spent with you two, and we'll look forward to future Hawaii cruises when you're back onboard! Aloha!

OK, without wanting to sound mean spirited...

I for one booked this particular (April 24th) cruise - rather than sailing for Hawai'i out of my homeport of SFO - solely on the basis of Elua being onboard. In fact, after spending a couple of weeks of sea days onboard the Star around South America, I decided to plunk down final payment figuring the sea days on the Golden would be extra fun. Without the draw of Elua, I most probably would have decided against any Hawai'i cruise at all at this time...really.

Now, after spending the money on the cruise, airfare, and other stuff, it turns out to have been a bad decision. Not having bought Princess cancel-for-any-reason insurance, I'm stuck. Even if I wanted to change things, that would mean upending travel plans less than 6 weeks in advance of my departure for SoCal.

I'm just hoping that at this late date, the Golden can provide some island-themed experiences onboard. Will there even be any staff who have the ability to take up some of the slack, or will it just be the usual trivia and line-dancing?

Princess most likely knows that Elua is a draw for those of us in the know, and they can't believe, I don't think, that they would bring extra pax onto the sailing from Japan. So while I wish Elua well, I must confess that at this late date, I feel baited and switched.

Thank you, David, for posting this announcement. I was one of the very lucky ones to have spent time with both David/Leialoha and Dave Cole on a recent voyage. It was an absolute delight.

I can see this Japan cruise as being a wonderful experience for you both. I wish you the very best.

Enjoy your summer at home and hope our paths will cross again someday.

Aloha `Oe,

Renee (displaced local girl)

Add my wife and me as just having completed the cruise to Hawaii with EULA (and David Cole) aboard.

What a treat! Picked up 2 of EULA's CD's on board. Just had a great time learning about the culture of Hawaii, the history, music, the language.

And what a great voice Dave has!

Thanks for the experience.

:(We also picked the April 24th cruise because Elua would be aboard. I feel Princess was extremely dishonest by delaying the announcement until AFTER final payment. While we have cruise anytime insurance, there are many other expenses/arrangements that can not be altered at this late date.

Archived