Elua-Schedule Change

Elua

OK, I'll go ahead and say this:

I know somebody who's a ship's lecturer for Princess, and I know he has a lot of say as to which cruises he's booked on. Therefore, I know that ultimately the choice of, and responsibility for, this change rests with Elua, who already knew from a previous thread that some of us were looking forward to their (confirmed) presence onboard. Being assigned to another ship is not a promotion, just a change of scenery. While I'm sure it will be swell to go on the Japanese sailing, it might have been nice to honor one's previous commitments, too.

OK, I'll go ahead and say this:

I know somebody who's a ship's lecturer for Princess, and I know he has a lot of say as to which cruises he's booked on. Therefore, I know that ultimately the choice of, and responsibility for, this change rests with Elua, who already knew from a previous thread that some of us were looking forward to their (confirmed) presence onboard. Being assigned to another ship is not a promotion, just a change of scenery. While I'm sure it will be swell to go on the Japanese sailing, it might have been nice to honor one's previous commitments, too.

There is a difference between "a lot of say" and absolute control of where you are assigned. All personnel, contracted and otherwise, are subject to re-assignment as Princess wants.

There is a difference between "a lot of say" and absolute control of where you are assigned. All personnel, contracted and otherwise, are subject to re-assignment as Princess wants.

That may in fact be true; I might have spoken too hastily. And I realize I presumed wayyy too much about Elua's arrangement with the line.

So I guess I'm back to being PO'ed at Princess again.

That may in fact be true; I might have spoken too hastily. And I realize I presumed wayyy too much about Elua's arrangement with the line.

So I guess I'm back to being PO'ed at Princess again.

It takes a good person to return to a post and make amendments to his/her comments. I give you a lot of credit for doing so.

I would see if Princess will allow you to rebook your cruise due to your strong commitment to their Hawaiian Cultural program. The last time i spoke to David S, they had not received a firm contract with Princess to be on the Star for the next season. I believe there are certain airlines that will "bank" your travel funds for another trip.

Good luck. I wish you safe travels.

Renee (displaced local girl)

That's certainly the truth with Princess. It's very difficult to say to your employer "I know you want me to do A, but I'd really rather do B" As one whose son works for Princess, it's not a decision many can make. And as far as "delaying" telling people, at least there was SOME notice-we've known of entertainment staff in the car, on the way to the airport headed to an assignment, only to get a call from Princess on their cell phone-"instead of the flight at [this time] to [this ship], you need to take the [that time] flight to [that ship]. Last minute changes sometimes happen due to necessity. Changes happen.

OK, without wanting to sound mean spirited...

I for one booked this particular (April 24th) cruise - rather than sailing for Hawai'i out of my homeport of SFO - solely on the basis of Elua being onboard. In fact, after spending a couple of weeks of sea days onboard the Star around South America, I decided to plunk down final payment figuring the sea days on the Golden would be extra fun. Without the draw of Elua, I most probably would have decided against any Hawai'i cruise at all at this time...really.

Now, after spending the money on the cruise, airfare, and other stuff, it turns out to have been a bad decision. Not having bought Princess cancel-for-any-reason insurance, I'm stuck. Even if I wanted to change things, that would mean upending travel plans less than 6 weeks in advance of my departure for SoCal.

I'm just hoping that at this late date, the Golden can provide some island-themed experiences onboard. Will there even be any staff who have the ability to take up some of the slack, or will it just be the usual trivia and line-dancing?

Princess most likely knows that Elua is a draw for those of us in the know, and they can't believe, I don't think, that they would bring extra pax onto the sailing from Japan. So while I wish Elua well, I must confess that at this late date, I feel baited and switched.

I too ONLY booked the Golden because of Elua - I too feel this was bait and switch since it was announced after final payment. I am very disappointed as I had read so many wonderful things about you all. I bear no ill will to you all, but am very disappointed in Princess.

I too ONLY booked the Golden because of Elua - I too feel this was bait and switch since it was announced after final payment. I am very disappointed as I had read so many wonderful things about you all. I bear no ill will to you all, but am very disappointed in Princess.

I agree with you 100%. As I'm sure Princess will read this, hope they realize that they have a lot of unhappy people that will be boarding this cruise.:eek: Maybe they will give us something extra special to make up for it....or am I just getting an attack of wishful thinking:rolleyes:

Remember this is how they make their living.

They want the contract for 2014-15 on the

Star out of Hawaii.

So Princess ask them to go to Japan..they

go. Don't think they have a choice.

Remember you make your cruise as good as it is.

We've sailed with Elua a few times and enjoyed

the cruises very much. But then have taken Hawaii

cruises without them and had a good time to.

You make the best of it. Still will be Hawaii Theme

just not with Elua.

If you go thinking I not going to like it..YOU won't!

Please go and have a good time! Bon Voyage!

• 3 weeks later...

I have read great things about you on Hawaii Trip reports. Am looking at a Hawaii cruise in early 2014. Can't wait to know your schedule (even though I know it is always subject to change by Princess. )

Then I can decide when and which ship to take. It will be one factor in which cruise I book.

Archived