An "all inclusive" option.... would you do it?

Imagine if there was an option for a true "All inclusive" package. I mean just about everything. Imagine if you could choose a package that would make RCI as all inclusive as some of the luxury lines. Would you be tempted?

Think about it. It wouldn't be a bargain. But imagine if you could do it all:

All drinks. Including bottled water, fresh juices, specialty coffees, ice cream drinks, all spirits and glasses of wine (perhaps like the celebrity package, up to say $12, with only an overage charge. After all, you're not going to get limitless Opus One!).

All dining venues: Chops, 150 Central Park, Rita's or Seafood Shack, Johnny Rockets... Specialty restaurants would of course still require a reservation, and you'd be limited to on "dinner" a night (obviously).

Use of the spa facilities (services like massages, salon treatments of course would still be extra).

Imagine going up to any bar, or having any server just bring you whatever without giving it a thought....

If the current premium alcohol package is somewhere around $55 a day, I'm (totally guessing) somewhere around $110 per day (remember restaurants).

Any thoughts? I think I'd be tempted!

Probably not. I DO wish they would let individuals buy the alcohol package without making everyone in the cabin over 21 buy it too.

Im too satisfied with the MDR to pay for an all inclusive specialty dining package though. Its nice as a treat for one night on a cruise but I would not be interested in specialty dining every night.

Well, you can do this if you sail on a different cruise line. Not trying to be snarky, but I don't think Royal Ships are designed to handle this type of service, and I am not sure I would stick with Royal if I wanted this type of service.

I probably would opt in for a truly "all inclusive" package.

On our last cruise, we had the premium beverage package, the soda package (for the Freestyle cups), and had bottled water delivered to the room on Day 1 of the cruise. All that combined, and factored out to a daily cost, probably would be approaching the daily price of an all inclusive anyway.

Dan.

Well, you can do this if you sail on a different cruise line. Not trying to be snarky, but I don't think Royal Ships are designed to handle this type of service, and I am not sure I would stick with Royal if I wanted this type of service.

I don't think it would be unduly burdensome as far as the ships handling it. And while there are other lines that offer this, there are also features on Royal you cannot get elsewhere. That's what intrigues me about the idea.

Never say never, but no I would not. I don't drink so I have no desire to subsidize other people's alcohol consumption through my fare. This is why I don't go to land based all inclusives and cruise instead. I've only sailed on Carnival thus far, which only has limited options for additional fee dining, but my sign and sail bill has never been more than tips + $15. I don't buy other stuff.

The only exception would be if the ship was going somewhere I couldn't get to through another non-all inclusive means. Which is exactly the case for my next cruise. The total fare was worth the trip to the Galapagos, though I wish it was lower without alcohol included.

I don't think I would do it on RC. We have sailed Seabourn which is a 6 star all inclusive and loved the atmosphere. We usually sail RC with our children and would not wish to pay a suppliment for 4 of us. If I want an all inclusive, I would probably look for a sale with Seabourn and sail with no kids (mine or anyone else's.) :D

With many opting for the all inclusive package or just an all inclusive cruise with 5000 people wanting the same dining, specialty dining etc, no way could any cruise line accommodate every one.

Even a all inclusive package, would interfere, with many, wanting to try a specially dining venue during the cruise.

If it were available, it would really create a booking night mare for many, yikes on a first come first serve basis.

I don't drink enough to warrant any all inclusive package.. no soda, not a huge drinker of bottled water, rarely do I get a cocktail or liquor. also have no need to dine in specialty restaurants exclusively for dinner.

and with me getting regular massages at home, do I need to indulge in any at sea too?

so no not at $100 or more per day extra would I do that. our bill at the end of our last two cruises.. COMBINED.. has been under $300. both 7 nighters.

RCCL is what it is because of its clientel and what it offers onboard. If you change that to mirror and allinclusive line, then it would not be the same RCCL anymore. The clientel who could afford it would be differen than now. and hence the wants of those clientel would be different. Different lines offer different amenities/etc which makes them unique. If I wanted those perks , I would go to those lines. Lets leave the affordable lines as they are so all us average income people can enjoy our cruises.

Imagine if there was an option for a true "All inclusive" package. I mean just about everything. Imagine if you could choose a package that would make RCI as all inclusive as some of the luxury lines. Would you be tempted?

If they throw in Trip Insurance, I'm in. ;)

All drinks. Including bottled water, fresh juices, specialty coffees, ice cream drinks, all spirits and glasses of wine (perhaps like the celebrity package, up to say $12, with only an overage charge. After all, you're not going to get limitless Opus One!).

All dining venues: Chops, 150 Central Park, Rita's or Seafood Shack, Johnny Rockets... Specialty restaurants would of course still require a reservation, and you'd be limited to on "dinner" a night (obviously).

Use of the spa facilities (services like massages, salon treatments of course would still be extra).

Imagine going up to any bar, or having any server just bring you whatever without giving it a thought....

If the current premium alcohol package is somewhere around $55 a day, I'm (totally guessing) somewhere around $110 per day (remember restaurants).

I wouldn't do it, especially at $110pp. Other than 150 Central Park, isn't the most expensive restaurant Chops at $30? I might do a true premium drink package that includes better wines, specialty coffees and bottled water, but that's about it.

No, and I'd be saying that even if I were not already getting D perks.

Its as if I had a cruise already booked and paid for, and I got a call from RC: they said that RC has made a change of policy, and I was REQUIRED to buy - the deluxe drink package, a spa session every day, excursions at every port. I could check my account on website and find out my new additional charges. Would anyone be happy to get this call? - don't think so.

Nope.

I think our highest bill was around $100 and that was on a 2 week cruise. We might do a specialty restaurant, or have a few drinks, but thats about it.

It isn't that we are penny pinchers, we just are pretty content with the food already included in the fare, we rarely drink at home, I can't tell you the last time I had a soda, and I'd rather go to my own salon (usually before we leave).

Archived