Enchantment Prices Yikes!

Nvtitan89

I am thrilled the EN is coming to the Orlando area, but the prices- yikes :eek: I booked a WOW sale cruise for October, but I can't afford to take an annual summer cruise. We generally do Sovereign or Monarch for 4 days. The Enchantment is much pricier. They must have put a better ship to get a little piece of the premium Disney is charging. I'm loving having a good ship for Bahamas cruises but I hope these prices eventually ease there way down to the Monarch level for peak times

There are deals to be found later in the year, but you're right, the summer prices are really high for such short sailings. We are paying the more in August for an ocean view room than we are paying in May for a D1 balcony. I expect the prices to level off more after this summer, but between it being a new ship (for Port Canaveral) and the summer months, the prices are fairly high.

I am thrilled the EN is coming to the Orlando area, but the prices- yikes :eek: I booked a WOW sale cruise for October, but I can't afford to take an annual summer cruise. We generally do Sovereign or Monarch for 4 days. The Enchantment is much pricier. They must have put a better ship to get a little piece of the premium Disney is charging. I'm loving having a good ship for Bahamas cruises but I hope these prices eventually ease there way down to the Monarch level for peak times

It could be just an anomoly with your cruise.

We were on a B2B on Monarch in Sep 2012. Booked the same cruise on Enchantment for 2013 and the price was identical, down to the dollar. These were both booked about a year in advance.

It could also be timing, i.e., how far in advance you booked. For example, we booked Adventure for Feb 2014 about 2 month ago. Just this week the price jumped $400pp. So had I booked now, I would have thought the price was very high.

We usually did two short cruises on Monarch each year (August and October) in a JS. This year we booked Enchantment for our August and October cruises, and a JS in October is only $20/pp more for a JS than our Monarch 2012 JS. August prices were identical.

It could be timing when you book. I have a js aft cabin for our 5/31 cruise that I booked a few months ago. That cat has gone up a hundred bucks a person already!

My d2 cat balcony for our 4 night is not a bad deal at 399.00 however.

I don't see too many actual deals during the wow sale at all.

Archived