Luggage tags

I frequently meet up with a family from another state. They put their doc on a flash drive, go to the local office store, there it is printed off in color and laminated. They get 4 on a sheet and it was less than $3 total when they cruised 3 wks ago (talked with them over the wkend). I am having mine done in the 4 on a pg style this wk. I ha always printed at home and then had them laminate. This time I am letting them do it all.

Some enjoy printing their own luggage tags to bring along from home.

Some like to buy special holders for their luggage tags.

The rest of us take the easy way and get our bags tagged when we check them in at the pier, the same as we do when we check them in at the airport.

Out of curiosity, we tried checking in bags with different types of tags a few times to see if it would make any difference. We found that some may be delivered in an earlier batch and some may be delivered in a later batch, regardless of which type of tags they have. Sometimes they all arrive in the same batch.

Despite being told that putting the ship's suite tags on the bags would give them priority, the bags with the suite tags were not delivered any sooner than the bags with the ordinary, generic tags.

Just tag your bags whichever way you prefer and don't worry about it.

If you don't laminate them, or put them into holders, how do you print and attach the tags? And are the ones at the doc old style sticker tags? Haven't cruised since they mandated printing.

The paper tags that you print are made to be stapled around the handle of your luggage. They are folded multiple times for strength. The luggage tags that you can get from the porters at the dock are the old sticker type.

I recommend using this tool it is fantastic

If you want to fill the page with luggage tags, try out my luggage tag tool at http://www3.zansstuff.com/luggage-tags instead of using Microsoft Word.

It can also add names to the tags at the same time.

Just go to an office supply store and buy the printable sticky on one side paper

93928b47.jpg

Edited by FLACRUISER99

On the off chance that anyone with authority from Royal Caribbean reads these forums....

Royal Caribbean it is PATHETICALLY CHEAP of you not to mail me real tyvek luggage tags. You know where I live, you know what cruise I'm on, you know I'll need luggage tags - so mail me some! And they ought to be waterproof ones because on one of my past cruises with you my luggage was left outside in a Florida downpour. Crappy bits of paper indeed.

On the off chance that anyone with authority from Royal Caribbean reads these forums....

Royal Caribbean it is PATHETICALLY CHEAP of you not to mail me real tyvek luggage tags. You know where I live, you know what cruise I'm on, you know I'll need luggage tags - so mail me some! And they ought to be waterproof ones because on one of my past cruises with you my luggage was left outside in a Florida downpour. Crappy bits of paper indeed.

Then apparently most of the other mainstream lines are cheap too!

They still send them to suite guests (though they have been WELL paid for!). They're better than Carnival, who does not send them out to anyone.

Tom

it may be cheap, but if it costs the line $0.75 per mailing and they can save 1500+ mailings per ship per week, than money adds up. With my first HAL cruise back in 2004 we sailed in a Suite and they sent this entire kit including very large heavy laminated luggage tags

I am sure someone crunched a number somewhere and said it was better to cut out this service than to raise the cruise fare by $0.50 per person

it may be cheap, but if it costs the line $0.75 per mailing and they can save 1500+ mailings per ship per week, than money adds up. With my first HAL cruise back in 2004 we sailed in a Suite and they sent this entire kit including very large heavy laminated luggage tags

I am sure someone crunched a number somewhere and said it was better to cut out this service than to raise the cruise fare by $0.50 per person

Put me in the camp that would rather pay the extra 50 cents. I'm cruising tomorrow and just printed out crappy pieces of paper that are supposed to ensure my luggage actually gets delivered to me.

Perhaps I should penny pinch and cut back on the bottles of beer with 300% markups while on RCI ships? :rolleyes:

Perhaps I should penny pinch and cut back on the bottles of beer with 300% markups while on RCI ships? :rolleyes:

How many beers come in a "bucket" on Royal? On Carnival you get four, and pay for four (something like $22). I seem to recall on Celebrity and NCL you either buy 4, get 1 free .... or buy 5, get 1 free.

Tom

How many beers come in a "bucket" on Royal? On Carnival you get four, and pay for four (something like $22). I seem to recall on Celebrity and NCL you either buy 4, get 1 free .... or buy 5, get 1 free.

Tom

It's either four or five. Can't remember. But you pay for what you get. No freebies.

RCCL doesn't really care if the tags are printed in color because it's the longshoremen that do the pre-sorting by color. I noticed the color charts outside of the terminal the last time we were on the Explorer.

Some bean counter at RCCL decided it was cheaper to eliminate tags than the cost of screwed up luggage delivery.

The easiest option is to tell the porter your cabin number at the port and let him fill out the tags and put them on your bags. Saves time and money.:p

Some of us though are somewhat obsessed with planning and like to have our i's dotted and t's crossed ahead of time. I have ONE time (out of 70+ cruises) ended up having the porter affix tags - and that was only because I waited until the night before to print my tags, and the website was down! I made sure the next time to take care of that ahead of time!!

I more trust the tags which I place on (with tag holders) and in duplicate... that bag is going to find its way back to me!! :)

Tom

The easiest option is to tell the porter your cabin number at the port and let him fill out the tags and put them on your bags. Saves time and money.:p

That is correct. Unless you are on a large shuttle and no one has pre-printed their tags AND it's pouring buckets in Ft. Lauderdale.

Enjoy your cruise.

Is it ok to print the luggage tags in black and white or should they be colored.

Thanks

I mentioned this to a lady at the C&A desk, and she said to highlight them in with the proper color. However, I've managed to use monochrome tags the last few cruises. I write the color on the tag.

Just wondering, does anyone know what deck is what color? Or do they vary by ship?

Edited by knittinggirl

I mentioned this to a lady at the C&A desk, and she said to highlight them in with the proper color. However, I've managed to use monochrome tags the last few cruises. I write the color on the tag.

Just wondering, does anyone know what deck is what color? Or do they vary by ship?

You should ask people on your roll call what color their tags are.

And the ones the porters affix aren't in color, so I don't thing it is that important. The luggage seems to arrive just fine. :)

You should ask people on your roll call what color their tags are.

And the ones the porters affix aren't in color, so I don't thing it is that important. The luggage seems to arrive just fine. :)

Ihe Color of your tags are dependent on what section your room is in. They are shown on the RCI deck plans. Example http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=OA the 4 colors shown on the very outside. Edited by FLACRUISER99

For those in suites, do they send out the luggage tags automatically (a few weeks before the cruise?) or must they be requested?

Thanks,

Tom

They have to be requested. If you do use paper tags, get them laminated at your local office supply store and they will last a lot better. :):)

Ihe Color of your tags are dependent on what section your room is in. They are shown on the RCI deck plans. Example http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=OA the 4 colors shown on the very outside.

On Oasis class that may be true, but on most ships everyone on a particular cruise has the same color tag which varies from cruise to cruise so they don't get the embarking and disembarking luggage mixed up (and at least on Independence, the blank tags that the porters had matched the color of the printed tags).

On Oasis class that may be true, but on most ships everyone on a particular cruise has the same color tag which varies from cruise to cruise so they don't get the embarking and disembarking luggage mixed up (and at least on Independence, the blank tags that the porters had matched the color of the printed tags).

Thanks for pointing that out. I just looked at my Mariner tags and they are Green, so the rest of the ship will also have Green tags. I will check this out. I guess you learn something new every day, at least on C C.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...