All Things Adventure of the Seas

Greetings Folks,

I'm taking this cruise with my 82yo mother. She booked through a travel agent as a flight/transfers/accommodation/cruise package. We have been allocated an interior cabin towards the rear of Level 6 which seems okay but the only thing that worries me is that it has an icon indicating that it connects to the cabin next door. Will noise be a factor here? Will we hear them and will they hear us and does the connecting door cut down on space or furniture in our cabin? Sorry, a few questions but invite AOS expert opinion. I'm sure there will be other enquiries before our departure. We have both travelled extensively, usually independently and are very much looking forward to our first cruise together. At her age, my mum is always looking for new experiences.

The equipment is simply take whatever is open. There are no reservations if that is what you are asking. Most of the classes I believe have additional charges. I don't do classes.
You can use most all of the equipment in the gym without reservations, just hop on and start using it. I believe the only equipment that they restricted to classes were the bikes for spinning.

Many of the classes are extra cost. There is usually one free class early every morning, but I cannot remember the type of class.

Thanks for the replies.

We were on a deck six balcony connecting cabin in January. Did not find it noisy, but we could see a very thin crack of light at night if our light was off and theirs was on. Heard an overnight cough once or twice. I imagine if you had terribly noisy neighbors it might be an issue. Our neighbors were related to us, and we did NOT have the connecting doors opened at any time. :cool:

The connecting door did not take away any space or furniture from the room. I had been worried about that too. I have seen rooms where there was less seating provided to accommodate the connecting door and this was not the case here.

we used surged protector and had no problems...put it in your carry on and not your checked luggage. when your luggage is scanned to come onboard security agents can't tell whether it is a regular strip or a surge protector. people had strips they were showing and some were surge and some were just regular extension style. Security said surge protector protects not just the guest but the crew. when the ship powers down in ports and switches to port usage, guests were complaining phones and cameras being damaged from surges.

If I put the surge protector in my carry on and they confiscate it, do I get it back at the end of the cruise? Just wondering, although it's not a big deal either way! LOL We like to use the power strip/ surge protector for phones and cameras too.

Connecting cabins can be noisy. However you can contact the ta and ask for a different cabin none connecting in the same category if available they will move you

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for this suggestion. I contacted the travel agent and RC agreed to transfer us to another cabin at no extra charge. I feel happier already.

Very impressed with Royal Caribbean because they moved us from connecting cabin on Level 6 to non-connecting on Level 10, with no extra charge. Happy days. Really looking forward to departure on May 8 on the freshly refitted AOS.

Are you on the roll call for 8th May?

Grant x

Insanely excited for our cruise this Sunday!!! This will be cruise #13 on the Adventure and the thrill has yet to wear off :D:D

Any questions about the ship, let me know !!!!

On the RCI website it says AOS has a Jade restaurant. I thought that was only on the 2nd-gen Voyager class ships. Is it just a typo on the website, or is it part of the Windjammer complex?

On the RCI website it says AOS has a Jade restaurant. I thought that was only on the 2nd-gen Voyager class ships. Is it just a typo on the website, or is it part of the Windjammer complex?

Jade is just a section of Windjammer.

Insanely excited for our cruise this Sunday!!! This will be cruise #13 on the Adventure and the thrill has yet to wear off :D:D

Enjoy your time aboard the Adventure of the Seas! Four more weeks until my first time on her. Would you be able post the cruise compasses from your sailing when you return?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Robyn, hope you have a great cruise!! Enjoy the Royal Suite!!!:):)

Greetings! We are booked on AOS to toddle over from Southampton to Norway at the end of May.

Three in our party - myself, wife and 15 year old daughter.

Wife and I took our first cruise in October 2012 for out honeymoon, 6 nights around the Western Med on AOS sister, Navigator of the Seas.

This will be our second cruise and daughter's first.

I gather that for the most part, Adventure and Navigator are twins, but I'm sure if there are any big differences you'll be sure to tell us.

I've yet to read all the original thread, but have gone through this one and not seen mention of the Norway route. Anyone taken that trip? We go to Kristiansand, Alesund, Flam and Stavanger.

Has anyone experience of the Teenager's area/club? Daughter will have turned 15 shortly before we head off and we'd like to be able to give her a better idea of what will be available there than the few lines in the brochure or we've found on-line. She is dyspraxic (which is on the mild end of the autistic spectrum) so can be a little uncertain of large crowds and loud noises. (I know many of you parents of teens would love to have one that does not live with the music dialled permanently up to 11 ;) ). So any information about what the teen club environment is like, activities etc would be appreciated.

Hi

We did Norway from Southampton last August it was fantastic the views were amazing. Our son had just turned 15 then and also not comfortable in some loud busy environments and takes time to feel relaxed. I dragged him to a M&M, put some credit on his seapass so he could use the arcade. He felt most at home on the sports deck and was happy to be away from us for most of his time on board. He enjoyed it so much that he agreed to join us again for 14 days on AOS in July this year. I know you will all have a great time.

Just wondering if anyone has firsthand experience of this cabin. I'm happy with the location, proximity to stairs and solarium. My 82yo mother believes it's far better than our original cabin on Deck 6. Views and opinions welcome.

You are reasonably close to the stairs and elevator, but not close to the Solarium. Right above you is Windjammer (the buffet), so there is some potential to hear some early morning noises.

You are reasonably close to the stairs and elevator, but not close to the Solarium. Right above you is Windjammer (the buffet), so there is some potential to hear some early morning noises.

Thanks Bob. Great news about stairs and elevators. Potential early morning noises don't worry us at all but all night noises from a connecting cabin most certainly would!