All Things Adventure of the Seas

We will be on AOS for the Christmas cruise. My info says boarding begins at 1:30pm. We need to check out of our hotel room by 11am. Can we go directly to the Pan American dock that early? If that is too early, is there somewhere near there (walking distance with suitcases) to grab a bite to eat?

Thank you for the info! We'll be heading straight to the pier! :D

Hi everyone :D Thought I would pop in my favorite thread about my favorite ship!

I made final payment yesterday for my February 23rd cruise and I can't wait for cruise lucky # 13 on the AOS :p We are in an Owner's Suite and are really looking forward to it. We are staying 3 nights pre-cruise at the Marriott Stellaris and 2 nights post-cruise as well.

I was on the Explorer a few weeks ago with a stop in San Juan - the AOS had just returned that very same day from it's TA. While in SJ I had dinner at Barrachina - it was very good, and the Pina Colada was outstanding.

Happy Sailing!

Hi everyone :D Thought I would pop in my favorite thread about my favorite ship!

I made final payment yesterday for my February 23rd cruise and I can't wait for cruise lucky # 13 on the AOS :p We are in an Owner's Suite and are really looking forward to it. We are staying 3 nights pre-cruise at the Marriott Stellaris and 2 nights post-cruise as well.

I was on the Explorer a few weeks ago with a stop in San Juan - the AOS had just returned that very same day from it's TA. While in SJ I had dinner at Barrachina - it was very good, and the Pina Colada was outstanding.

Happy Sailing!

Welcome back Robyn!!! Nice hearing from you ... Enjoy our ship ... Thinking I'm returning in 2015!!! Is it true she's being transferred to another port permanently after drydock?

Welcome back Robyn!!! Nice hearing from you ... Enjoy our ship ... Thinking I'm returning in 2015!!! Is it true she's being transferred to another port permanently after drydock?

Thanks Mare :) I have heard "rumors"......but I actually have no idea. You can be sure I will be doing some digging when I am onboard :rolleyes:

Happy Sailing!

Wow, you actually tried something that I have recommended. The ice has been broken.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Hi all! Leaving on 01/19/14! Can't wait. Going with three teens - 13, 16 and 19. Best excursions????...doing the Aruba, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Curacao tour. Thanks in advance!

We have a group of 8 sailing on this same cruise. As it is 21 degrees this morning, we are counting down the days. So glad you asked for this information - am interested to read what others have to say. We are from Tennessee and have sailed the last three years this same week but usually on the Oasis. We wanted to go further south in the Caribbean and loved this itinerary.

We will be on AOS for the Christmas cruise. My info says boarding begins at 1:30pm. We need to check out of our hotel room by 11am. Can we go directly to the Pan American dock that early? If that is too early, is there somewhere near there (walking distance with suitcases) to grab a bite to eat?

Another question regarding purchasing wine/champagne prior to boarding in San Juan. We'll be staying in Isla Verde prior to the cruise. Should we purchase our wine to bring aboard at let's say Walgreens or can/should we purchase at the terminal? I think I read somewhere you can purchase at the terminal. I'm at that point of working out all those little details :rolleyes: Thank you in advance!

Another question regarding purchasing wine/champagne prior to boarding in San Juan. We'll be staying in Isla Verde prior to the cruise. Should we purchase our wine to bring aboard at let's say Walgreens or can/should we purchase at the terminal? I think I read somewhere you can purchase at the terminal. I'm at that point of working out all those little details :rolleyes: Thank you in advance!

You can purchase wine at the terminal, but the last time I was there, the selection was not very extensive.

We have a group of 8 sailing on this same cruise. As it is 21 degrees this morning, we are counting down the days. So glad you asked for this information - am interested to read what others have to say. We are from Tennessee and have sailed the last three years this same week but usually on the Oasis. We wanted to go further south in the Caribbean and loved this itinerary.

Currently onboard for the Aruba run. In St T we did the usual shopping but had lunch at a new mexican restaurant. Very yummy. Greengos.

On St Kitts also did something new. Took taxi ($4 pp each way) out to Carambola beach resort. It was fantastic! Drink/food service a little slow but gorgeous beach and beautiful/clean facilities. Highly recommend.

I would definitely buy prior to arriving at terminal.

Question about an interior room. I have an interior room booked in March and was wondering how they fit a crib in there. My Son will be 14 months old and needs the crib. It's the space tight, do they remind the sofa? Also not sure what to do with him since wet find out after biking he can't swim in the pools

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Question about an interior room. I have an interior room booked in March and was wondering how they fit a crib in there. My Son will be 14 months old and needs the crib. It's the space tight, do they remind the sofa? Also not sure what to do with him since wet find out after biking he can't swim in the pools

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

You may want to turn spell check ON for your SGH-T999, or maybe proof read your post Teacher. Lol

We have been assigned a connecting room on our Feb. 9th sailing of the AOS. Stateroom 6374 on deck 6. We had booked a balcony guarantee at a great rate and we pleased to be assigned a superior balcony stateroom. Does anyone have any experience or pictures of a connecting balcony room on a Voyager class ship? Would like to learn how the connecting door changes the layout of the room if at all.

Thanks for any help!

Islandfan

We have been assigned a connecting room on our Feb. 9th sailing of the AOS. Stateroom 6374 on deck 6. We had booked a balcony guarantee at a great rate and we pleased to be assigned a superior balcony stateroom. Does anyone have any experience or pictures of a connecting balcony room on a Voyager class ship? Would like to learn how the connecting door changes the layout of the room if at all.

Thanks for any help!

Islandfan

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

The connecting door on a D type balcony usually results in the change of a 3 person sofa to 2 person love seat.

Also, you can usually change your stateroom to another that's available in the same exact category you were assigned. I'd try to move up at least one deck to have a better view out your balcony. The balcony walls on deck 6 are all steel, whereas on deck 7 and above they are half steel, half glass, so more visibility.

Edited by clarea

uh oh I haven't heard any of these rumors about our favorite ship moving to another home port....

what is the scoop??

My question was because I'm hoping they are only rumors ... & I see a couple cruises from FL, the rest are still from San Juan. I'm hoping it is all "rumor/wishing" for our beautiful ship to be where other people are willing to cruise from & wanting to sail on her!

Hey :)

My husband and I have booked for the adventure, sailing out of Southampton on May 8th. I only found cruise critic after I booked, and read some awful reviews on the ship.

I'm a little worried now, though reading through this and the first thread has made me feel a little better.

Is there anything we need to know before we leave? I know it's still a while off, but I like to be prepared :)

My husband and I have booked for the adventure, sailing out of Southampton on May 8th. I only found cruise critic after I booked, and read some awful reviews on the ship.

I'm a little worried now, though reading through this and the first thread has made me feel a little better.

Is there anything we need to know before we leave? I know it's still a while off, but I like to be prepared :)

Awesome ship with a great crew. What else would you like to know?

Our favorite ship! Great layout & features! Awesome crew each time we sailed her .... and many were thee each year & remembered us!! That says alot for this ship & it's crew!!!

Great crew and overall ship is in good shape for its age! Sure there are some things that need repairing but hopefully those will be taken care of durung the upcoming dry dock.

If there is no Voyager or Freedom class ship in San Juan it will be the end of my cruising out of there.

I'm following the thread about the Jewel moving to the west coast in 2015. I'm wondering if RCCL is planning to move another ship to San Juan during the summer. A Freedom Class ship will be great. :):) A girl can always dream.

You will find a better selection of wines on a grocery store. Pueblo supermarket will be a great choice.