All Things Adventure of the Seas

Hi all

We have just booked our Honeymoon on the Adventure of the Seas. We are doing a B2B starting on 5th Jan.

We are from the UK and are finally getting married on New Years Eve in Chester and then fly out to San Juan on Saturday 4th.

We love the look of the itinerary, but I have to say nearly didn’t book it due to the adverse comments on cruise critic about sailing from San Juan.

I’m happy to say that our confidence has been restored especially by the enthusiasm and excellent reporting by Robyn and Linda and many others. I think RCCI should reward your enthusiasm!

We loved the voyager from New Orleans so sure we will feel right at home straight away on the Adventure of the Seas.

We recently sailed from Barcelona on the Liberty of the Seas for my 50th and that had over 1,000 Spanish people on board and they were well behaved and great fun.

Windjammer was a bit of a zoo on the first and last days, but it always is so we grab a table first then get some food and if we are lucky share with some other cruisers and make new friends!

Will register for the M&M’s shortly for the 5th and 12th Jan

Really looking forward to it

Best wishes

Curtis:)

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=cgmchester&date=1-5-2014&text=Honeymoon B2B after New years eve wedding&ship=Adventure of the Seas

Liberty of the seas - Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona 25th August 2013

Celebrity Reflection - Eastern Caribbean from Miami 19th January 2013

Voyager of the Seas - West Caribbean from New Orleans 21th January 2012

Queen Victoria - 4 day cruise from Southampton 29th April 2010

Booked on here for 17th August 2014, anyone else?

Here is the Adventure Roll Call section:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=256

Just look for your cruise date to find a thread with folks on your cruise. If you can't find your date, then you get to start the thread.

I just booked the Adventure for our 2014 cruise!!! Going to do a B2B in November 2014 (11/23/14 and 11/30/14).

I've been researching everything I could find and this thread has helped a lot.

Also a big thanks to Norberts Niece for giving me the link to her B2B on the Adventure. Great reading!!!

Now the big decision is we want to enjoy San Juan for a few days so we have to decide if we are going to fly in a couple of days early or stay a few days afterwards. Once airfares come out, I guess that will help me decide.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, We're on Adventure in February. Will we need tickets to attend the shows? Some ships require them; for others just show up and find a seat. I've read both about Adventure. Thanks!

Adventure does not have advance booking of shows. Once on board, they will distribute tickets for the ice show only. Check the Cruise Compass for info on when and where this will be done. All other shows are first come, first served.

So glad to see old friends and new friends on this thread!!!

Glad to see our new friends taking some of the reviews on the Adventure lightly and trying this wonderful ship. I can tell you that Ocean Boy and Robyn convinced us to try this ship and we are doing our third back to back the end of Jan and first week of Feb....Bob is onboard then too....Whooo Hooo

Robyn love your new picture....great to see you coming to the Explorer soon...

OB...now to get you on a ship with all of us at the same time...

Linda...exciting to see you doing a crossing...can't wait to hear your report also!!!!

Take care everyone....talk again soon. Building a small ship here this weekend with all this rain we are having in Delaware.....my farmer doesn't have a smiley face...yes we needed rain for putting the wheat in...but not inches and inches...going to slow down the soybean harvest...booo...but I have a birthday in a few days and maybe this year we can go out to celebrate instead of having sandwiches on the combine!

So glad to see old friends and new friends on this thread!!!

Glad to see our new friends taking some of the reviews on the Adventure lightly and trying this wonderful ship. I can tell you that Ocean Boy and Robyn convinced us to try this ship and we are doing our third back to back the end of Jan and first week of Feb....Bob is onboard then too....Whooo Hooo

Robyn love your new picture....great to see you coming to the Explorer soon...

OB...now to get you on a ship with all of us at the same time...

Linda...exciting to see you doing a crossing...can't wait to hear your report also!!!!

Take care everyone....talk again soon. Building a small ship here this weekend with all this rain we are having in Delaware.....my farmer doesn't have a smiley face...yes we needed rain for putting the wheat in...but not inches and inches...going to slow down the soybean harvest...booo...but I have a birthday in a few days and maybe this year we can go out to celebrate instead of having sandwiches on the combine!

I'm really looking forward to the 9 night Explorer cruise next month!!!

We won't see each other on the AOS in February, we are onboard the week of the 23rd. We are spending 3 nights pre and 2 nights post in San Juan this time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

The old thread is well worth the read. It has tons of great information. Don't be put off by its lenght!:)

Can somebody give me the link for the old thread to read? We are going on her again in November and I would love to read up on it. I just stumbled upon this thread. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone here recently off AoS out of the UK tell me if the Solarium Bar was open during the afternoon of embarkation day? Trying to fix a venue for a CC Meet.

Linda:

are you going to try the Quantum next year?

I haven't seen anyone post on the Solarium Bar yet but I will keep watching for you!

Anyone here recently off AoS out of the UK tell me if the Solarium Bar was open during the afternoon of embarkation day? Trying to fix a venue for a CC Meet.

No experience out of the UK (until next year :)), but the Pool Bar always seems to be open as soon as embarkation starts.

Yes it was, that was where we had our pre meet but that was in September.

If you are talking about the TA for November better pack your thermals:D:p

This will seem like a VERY random question (and maybe it is):p

Is the Promenade deck (deck 5) on AOS a true promenade deck? As in: is there an exterior deck where one can stroll? Or is the exterior deck on deck 4? I can't tell from the deck plans online.

This will seem like a VERY random question (and maybe it is):p

Is the Promenade deck (deck 5) on AOS a true promenade deck? As in: is there an exterior deck where one can stroll? Or is the exterior deck on deck 4? I can't tell from the deck plans online.

The Promenade on deck 5 is the Royal Promenade, all inside.

Deck 4 has the outside promenade. Towards the forward part of deck 4, the outside part ends and you have to go up stairs and go past the helicopter pad to continue walking outside.