MS Nieuw Amsterdam/MS Westerdam Sail-Away 3/3/13

aliaschief

Multi tasking....Got the Prime Rib Seared Good on the Grill and did not miss the Westerdam. Now that the beef is seared/browned it's cooking in the oven at 200. A Cooks Illustrated recipe that delivers a great Prime Rib.

OK off the cooking show onto Sail-Aways!:o

Sounds great!!

Try this:

http://wirednewyork.com/webcam3/ or http://nyharborwebcam.com/

The second is better and has a ship sailing right in front of Lady Liberty right now.

thanks both - I will wave to my sister and her family as she sails away for the first time ever on Carnival:eek: she went on the Eurodam last year and loved it - I will be interested to hear hear her comparisons (of course she has two young children but she was very impressed with Club HAL).

Knowing her as I do, they will have a good time no matter where they are or what ship they are on:D

Jacqui, use the dropdown on the upper left of the pe webcam page... it should list NY webcam there.

duhhhhh - thanks Rich - I never even thought of that

YOU of all people know what a techie challenge I can be. Is that another drink I owe you on the Prinsendam? i don't think I have enough beverage cards:p:D

Discouraging...we both had the flu shot...we have it every year.

We got flu shots also but whatever we got in South America kicked our a__!

It is my belief that flu shots only help what they determine to be deadly flu's. There have been articles/new stories that this year they probably erred.:mad:

The usual toots from Celebrity. Not bad. My Mom and Dad will be on Equinox (or is it Eclipse? not sure, but E something) in April. They have a balcony room on port side, and Im trying to convince them to wave something to me at sailaway. So far they look at me like Im nuts! LOL. Will work on them yet a bit.:)

Here comes Freedom.

Regarding flu and the shots. The shots can only protect us against the previous strains. But as we all know, the viruses are always mutating and worse than before, so we are not immunized against this year or subsequent new strains:(

But still, never hurts (figuratively speaking) to get the shot every year.

Joanie

Archived