alfredo-parmesan basket

cruisinlawn

Yes, Fettucini Alfredo in the cheese basket is available every night. If you are daring, following is the recipe you can try at home:

Parmesan Cheese Basket:

2 c. grated Parmesan cheese

Place a non-stick omelet pan on the stove over medium heat.

Sprinkle the bottom of the pan evenly with approximately ½ c. of the Parmesan cheese. Allow to cook until the color lightly changes to golden.

Flip the cheese over and allow to cook until golden.

Remove from the pan and place over a mold form or bottom of a bowl to create a dome shape. Let cool.

Serves 4

Just a note - The menu says this can be ordered as either an entre' or an appetizer portion. But, on Ruby 3 weeks ago, I ordered it as an appetizer and got just the Fettucini Alfredo - no cheese basket. When asked, the waiter said "The appetizer portions don't come with cheese basket".

I was pretty sure I had gotten the appetizer with the cheese basket on Ruby in March 2012 so I was a bit disappointed.

Just a note - The menu says this can be ordered as either an entre' or an appetizer portion. But, on Ruby 3 weeks ago, I ordered it as an appetizer and got just the Fettucini Alfredo - no cheese basket. When asked, the waiter said "The appetizer portions don't come with cheese basket".

I was pretty sure I had gotten the appetizer with the cheese basket on Ruby in March 2012 so I was a bit disappointed.

My wife orders it a lot and it has been that way for at least several years. If you want to basket with the appetizer portion you can request it.

For one of my daughters, this is the entree she gets almost every night when she is cruising with us. It is among my favorites, too, but I order other entrees and then ask for a "taste" from my daughter - that is usually when I hear, "Hey, your on a cruise! Get your own!!"

That happened to me on my last cruise. I had heard a lot of praise for this, but just wanted an appetizer size, not a whole plate. So next time, I'll request the basket specifically.

On the Diamond last month, it was actually on the appetizer portion of the menu daily with the parmesan basket. We also had to order the full entree one in the past and share it, but we were very happy to get our own bowls on our last trip.

Whoa whoa WHOA you can do that??

Oh yes, friend we cruised with on the Emerald last month "invented" it:D During the 10 cruise we did it several times and only had one server question our order.

Debr

The baskets used to be golden and crispy and I liked them so much that I would order just the basket, without the Alfredo. Then I would crumble the cheese over my salad.

Then they changed the recipe and they started to become white and soggy. :( Our waiter checked with the kitchen and was told that they had removed the flour from the recipe. The next night they made one especially for me with flour in the recipe, but it didn't turn out like the old baskets. I was so disappointed, that I didn't even try it on our last cruise.

The baskets used to be golden and crispy and I liked them so much that I would order just the basket, without the Alfredo. Then I would crumble the cheese over my salad.

Then they changed the recipe and they started to become white and soggy. :( Our waiter checked with the kitchen and was told that they had removed the flour from the recipe. The next night they made one especially for me with flour in the recipe, but it didn't turn out like the old baskets. I was so disappointed, that I didn't even try it on our last cruise.

That's terrible:eek: Our baskets were nice and crispy on the Emerald last month:D

Debr

Here is another option--order with chicken breast on top of the pasta. Very yummy. Not on the menu, but our server suggested it one night.

On our last cruise I had it with salmon on top, and my Mom had it with shrimp. Looking forward to a repeat next week!

On our last cruise I had it with salmon on top, and my Mom had it with shrimp. Looking forward to a repeat next week!

This gave a me a great idea for dinner: Caesar salad in the basket with chicken on top. Wonder if they would do this for Anytime dining?

Sue

This gave a me a great idea for dinner: Caesar salad in the basket with chicken on top. Wonder if they would do this for Anytime dining?

Sue

We had ours in Anytime Dining -- go for it:D Now, add some avocado:rolleyes:

Debr

Archived