alfredo-parmesan basket

cruisinlawn

We were on the Crown in Jan. and the appetizer alfredo didn't come with the basket. After we were told that, I ordered the entree portion each night with "lots and lots of chicken!"

And no, the basket doesn't have flour in it but still - it's so good!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Just a note - The menu says this can be ordered as either an entre' or an appetizer portion. But, on Ruby 3 weeks ago, I ordered it as an appetizer and got just the Fettucini Alfredo - no cheese basket. When asked, the waiter said "The appetizer portions don't come with cheese basket".

very true... just got off the Sapphire, same thing... NO basket with appetizer. Also remember, you can order a grilled chicken breast on top and MORE SAUCE

very true... just got off the Sapphire, same thing... NO basket with appetizer. Also remember, you can order a grilled chicken breast on top and MORE SAUCE

Thanks for the warning, will be on her on Saturday. I might have to try the caesar basket though, looks awesome!

• 1 month later...

We had this amazingly yummy dish almost every night as a side dish on the Star. We would share it between the two of us. Our assistant waiter, Anna, told us it was her absolute favorite, too.

I'm fixing it for the family along with my Parmesan Chicken. All parmesan, all the time.

By the way this chicken recipe is to die for, too. Very moist and yummy. Add a side of the alfredo-basket and sauteed veggies, and you've got dinner!!

Baked Chicken Parmesan

Preheat oven to 450 degrees

Cut boned and skinless chicken breats in half (1/4 breast)

Bowl #1: mix white vinegar, Poupon mustard, salt, pepper

Bowl #2: in a food processor, blend butter, bread crumbs (I sometimes use garlic croutons), and LOTS of parmesan cheese. Put in bowl #2

Dip chicken in bowl #1, then bowl #2, getting lots of coating on each piece (it's messy)

Place on slightly oiled rack over a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil. The rack helps the heat circulate under the chicken.

Bake 20 minutes, until chicken is done inside and cheese is browned.

(The delicious smell while it's baking will drive you crazy!!)

That happened to me on my last cruise. I had heard a lot of praise for this' date=' but just wanted an appetizer size, not a whole plate. So next time, I'll request the basket specifically.[/quote']

I did just that on my last cruise (Sapphire April 13). A table mate let me "taste" a chip off her basket. When I inquired if I could get it at another time, it mysteriously appeared that same night. Just the basket (no Alfredo). Delicious.

Renee

We were on the Emerald the beginning of April. Didn't get a single basket, and I ordered the appy 4 times and the main course twice. Still delicious, but not the same.

I also ordered it and our waiter said the machine that makes the baskets was broken. They were trying to get it fixed.

Baked Chicken Parmesan

Cut boned and skinless chicken breats in half (1/4 breast)

Bowl #1: mix white vinegar, Poupon mustard, salt, pepper

Bowl #2: in a food processor, blend butter, bread crumbs (I sometimes use garlic croutons), and LOTS of parmesan cheese. Put in bowl #2

Dip chicken in bowl #1, then bowl #2, getting lots of coating on each piece (it's messy)

Place on slightly oiled rack over a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil. The rack helps the heat circulate under the chicken.

Do we get to know the amounts of everything, or do we just guess? I don't cook a lot, so I don't generally "wing it".

We had this amazingly yummy dish almost every night as a side dish on the Star. We would share it between the two of us. Our assistant waiter, Anna, told us it was her absolute favorite, too.

I'm fixing it for the family along with my Parmesan Chicken. All parmesan, all the time.

By the way this chicken recipe is to die for, too. Very moist and yummy. Add a side of the alfredo-basket and sauteed veggies, and you've got dinner!!

Baked Chicken Parmesan

Cut boned and skinless 3 chicken breasts in half (1/4 breast)

Bowl #1: mix 1 Tbl white vinegar, 2 Tbl Poupon mustard, salt, pepper to taste

Bowl #2: in a food processor, blend 2 Tbl meltedbutter, 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I sometimes use garlic croutons), and LOTS of parmesan cheese-at least half a package of grated cheese. Put in bowl #2

Dip chicken in bowl #1, then bowl #2, getting lots of coating on each piece (it's messy). You may have to make more coating.

Revised with quantities.

I also ordered it and our waiter said the machine that makes the baskets was broken. They were trying to get it fixed.

Our waiter told us that the baskets did not come on board in Ft. Lauderdale.

So, we could have the fettechini, but it would be in a bowl.

The recipe has not changed they just were not cooked properly. :(

They were great on our Emerald cruise last month too.

I was just reporting what our waiter conveyed from the chef, but sure hope that they have the golden crispy baskets on our next cruise in August. I sure missed them when all I could get was the soggy white basket.

I always used to just order the baskets with no filler but I do like the idea of a Ceasar Salad filler. That sounds really good.

Archived