2014 / 2015 Deployment Update

Andy

Very disappointed to see the W. bound TA's coming back so early in the season! I can't understand why they would bring the so many ships back from Europe before December. I'm hoping that there will be some itinerary changes.

Hi Cruise Kitty,

Interesting. I suppose it all depends if you enjoy the Caribbean or not. For the past few years, Celebrity's Caribbean season has been pushed (in several cases) well into December. As there certainly seemed to be a stronger Caribbean demand this season, as opposed to last year - I think Celebrity realized they were returning somewhat too late. IMO, November is a better plan. Besides, several of the ships are returning Mid-Late November 2014, so it's not a dramatic change.

Hi Cruise Kitty,

Interesting. I suppose it all depends if you enjoy the Caribbean or not. For the past few years, Celebrity's Caribbean season has been pushed (in several cases) well into December. As there certainly seemed to be a stronger Caribbean demand this season, as opposed to last year - I think Celebrity realized they were returning somewhat too late. IMO, November is a better plan. Besides, several of the ships are returning Mid-Late November 2014, so it's not a dramatic change.

Agree, always a point of perspective. We were disappointed the last couple of years that Celebrity returned their ships around December.

Now I am really happy to have great selection of Caribbean sailings in November.

We are interested in such sailings as "Holy Land", Repositioning (Suez Canal). Are they going to be available in 2014 or at least in 2015?

Silhouette is doing Holy Land 14-night cruises. I know there is at least one right before they sail on the TA on 1 Nov 2014.

Hi Jveevers,

I think there's more to it, than saying they can get more $$$ in Europe. Celebrity is getting higher pricing due to promotions like 123 GO. That's what is getting guests to book, and keeping bookings stronger than usual. No doubt, this helps their pricing. While I'm not thrilled with free drinks for a number of reasons, 123 GO is a smart *marketing* promotion, as it encourages folks to book earlier than they might typically book, and... retain their booking.

We all know there's a huge markup on drinks, and costs them a fraction of the $44 per person per day retail price. While I suppose that Celebrity is losing a ton of revenue at their bars, they are keeping their cabin pricing much higher than normal, which may be just as good.

Based on what we paid for our Eclipse sailings this season, prices appeared to be much higher for Caribbean sailings this year, over last year. Most all of the longer sailings had significant price increases, and Celebrity was able to avoid dropping the pricing for many sailings... again, quite possibly due to 123 GO. That I could see, there was strong demand for Caribbean this season, while Celebrity had one of their shortest seasons ever. I'm sure if they could get a do-over, they would have made some different decisions.

IMO, the higher than normal pricing is more about the marketing/promotions currently offered, and not necessarily the region. With all of the turmoil in Europe, and my belief that things may get much worse before it gets better... I'd be very surprised if Europe 2014 will be a huge success. The only thing that may keep it respectable, is 123 GO.

andy, can 123Go be used for these Med. cruises in mid 2014?

andy, can 123Go be used for these Med. cruises in mid 2014?

Hi Jveevers,

Cruise Junky is correct. Sailings from April 2014 - May 2015 have their own promotion (for Captains Club members), so you can take advantage of new deployment offer, if you are a member. Please see yesterday's post on this thread (#433) for details.

Currently, 123 GO is available for sailings from 6/1/13 - 3/31/14... though it wouldn't surprise me to see it return at a later date. What you may wish to consider, is to book now, and you should be able to switch to 123 GO, should it become available in the future. The caveat is, that you will be required to forfeit any exisiting promotion associated with your booking, and pay the prevailing rate to make the change.

I hope this helps !

Silhouette is doing Holy Land 14-night cruises. I know there is at least one right before they sail on the TA on 1 Nov 2014.

Is this sailing available for booking or at least viewing? I couldn't find it on Celebrity site.

Thanks!

Is this sailing available for booking or at least viewing? I couldn't find it on Celebrity site.

Thanks!

Hi TroubleT,

I do not believe they are on the website yet. However, they are open for booking for Captains Club members. The best bet is to call your TA or Captains Club for information & booking.

Here's a link to the itineraries you've inquired about : http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Europe/Cruises/Flyers/13033535_CEL_2014_Europe_Deployment.pdf I hope this helps !

Thanks!

Call Celebrity, It's listed on another website. 4 Oct 2014 sailing hits Messina, Athens, Kusadasi, Alexandria, Ashdod, Haifa, Naples.

18 Oct 2014 sailing hits Alexandria, Ashdod, Haifa, Kusadasi, Athens, Catania, Naples

Some of those ports are overnights with a few sea days thrown in.

Hi TroubleT,

I do not believe they are on the website yet. However, they are open for booking for Captains Club members. The best bet is to call your TA or Captains Club for information & booking.

Here's a link to the itineraries you've inquired about : http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Europe/Cruises/Flyers/13033535_CEL_2014_Europe_Deployment.pdf I hope this helps !

Thanks, Andy!

Call Celebrity, It's listed on another website. 4 Oct 2014 sailing hits Messina, Athens, Kusadasi, Alexandria, Ashdod, Haifa, Naples.

18 Oct 2014 sailing hits Alexandria, Ashdod, Haifa, Kusadasi, Athens, Catania, Naples

Some of those ports are overnights with a few sea days thrown in.

Thanks, Wine-O! I found all these sailings!

I'm honestly not that jazzed about the itineraries that have been released, BUT we went ahead and booked the Constellation's Black Sea cruise in October 2014. The selling point for me are the overnights in Istanbul, Sochi and Odessa. I really lean more towards late night and overnight itineraries these days. I'm pretty excited about this one! We've never sailed beyond Istanbul.

Michael

Just a general question - is it better to book the European cruises earlier or later? This is going to be our honeymoon cruise, so we know that we want to go, I'm just wondering if they will have that 123 Go sale again next year and we should wait? Or just if we should book it now. It's very difficult for me to decide lol. But I see that a lot of you guys booked already.

Just a general question - is it better to book the European cruises earlier or later? This is going to be our honeymoon cruise, so we know that we want to go, I'm just wondering if they will have that 123 Go sale again next year and we should wait? Or just if we should book it now. It's very difficult for me to decide lol. But I see that a lot of you guys booked already.

Nobody knows whether they'll have a 123 sale next year. With this particular sale people who already booked were still able to take advantage of it.

We booked our Oct 2012 Med cruise as soon as the itineraries were released in March 2011. About a year later Celebrity offered a promotion where you could book a guaranty balcony at the price of an inside cabin...we called and were able to take advantage of it. We were still able to keep our early booking discount.

Sometimes promotions are offered that are only for new bookings but in other cases they can be applied to people who already booked. Therefore, I would book now to get the cabin you want and keep your eyes open for price drops and promotions that may be offered before you sail.

Nobody knows whether they'll have a 123 sale next year. With this particular sale people who already booked were still able to take advantage of it.

We booked our Oct 2012 Med cruise as soon as the itineraries were released in March 2011. About a year later Celebrity offered a promotion where you could book a guaranty balcony at the price of an inside cabin...we called and were able to take advantage of it. We were still able to keep our early booking discount.

Sometimes promotions are offered that are only for new bookings but in other cases they can be applied to people who already booked. Therefore, I would book now to get the cabin you want and keep your eyes open for price drops and promotions that may be offered before you sail.

Thanks for the advice! I think well book tomorrow!!!

Its nice to know they offered the 123 to those already booked. I wanted one of the angled balconies, I have already sailed in one before on the Solstice.

I'm honestly not that jazzed about the itineraries that have been released, BUT we went ahead and booked the Constellation's Black Sea cruise in October 2014. The selling point for me are the overnights in Istanbul, Sochi and Odessa. I really lean more towards late night and overnight itineraries these days. I'm pretty excited about this one! We've never sailed beyond Istanbul.

Michael

You should come and join our roll call for this cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1813198

TxnAquarian.

I agree with you about the cruises out of Istanbul.

It is either the Back Sea or ones that goes to the Holy Lands.

I will instead now do a 2013 Oct sailing of Turkey and Greek Island or just do a land vacation of Turkey for two weeks.

I did not see lots of new ports for the Med either. Having done two cruises in the Med, I will in the future either do a Northern Europe or just concentrate on South America for the next couple of years.

Have a great Black Sea cruise.

I wished they would stop at some Turkish ports on the Black Sea.

Hi Cruise Kitty,

Hi Andy, no, Caribbean holds no interest for me right now, for S. Ca folks, it makes no sense. However, Europe w/Christmas decorations & no crowds does :) our plans for this year are some time in Rome, a two week Med, & then a couple weeks doing xmas markets in France, I would very much like the next year to do a couple weeks land in Europe late Nov. followed by a Dec. TA. I know in the last couple of years, X has extended the Europe season for a least one of their ships, I'm hoping that they do this again,

otherwise it's another land/flight trip for us.

Archived