Disembarking at Southampton

Essexlass2

Yes Tom, will def go earlier next time :)

We self disembarked from Azura last year and because room service wasnt available we ordered cereal, milk and muffins the morning before. It meant we didnt have to rush to breakfast on the morning of disembarkation. We were up and away just after 7.30, with no queue.

• 1 month later...

On this subject, I believe Eavesway is not operating the transfers from the Port in 2014, I read some other mob Inter...? are doing them, any other information re this? So would I arrange a transfer from ship to Heathrow, with the transfer mob pre cruise or on the ship?

Last time at Southampton we caught the National Express bus which was good only £15, but bit of a hike from Mayflower terminal to the National Express bus station, the queue for cabs at the cruise terminal was a mile long.

What sort of time can that be please - for Preston or Blackpool say?

Disembarkation is normally planned to start at 9:15 but it will start earlier if the luggage is offloaded in good time, which often happens.

This was the order last Sunday from Oriana

9:15 Independent passengers plus those on Eavesway coach services to Scotland, North Wales and Bath Travel Service

9:30 Independent passengers plus those on Eavesway coach services to the North East and Yorkshire

9:45 Independent passengers plus those on Eavesway coach services to the North West and Traveland service

10:00 Independent passengers plus those on Eavesway coach services to Norfolk.

10:15 Independent passengers plus those on Eavesway coach services to South Wales

10:20 Independent passengers.

Our disembarkation started around 8:45

Brian

I always go in for the 7.45 seating as I loathe the Snatch and Grab. It's usually been quiet and relaxed as most people rush to get off. I've booked a later train home this cruise Saturday 27th arriving home May 11th as I prefer a more relaxed exit.

Disembarkation is normally planned to start at 9:15 but it will start earlier if the luggage is offloaded in good time, which often happens.

This was the order last Sunday from Oriana

9:15 Independent passengers plus those on Eavesway coach services to Scotland, North Wales and Bath Travel Service

9:30 Independent passengers plus those on Eavesway coach services to the North East and Yorkshire

9:45 Independent passengers plus those on Eavesway coach services to the North West and Traveland service

10:00 Independent passengers plus those on Eavesway coach services to Norfolk.

10:15 Independent passengers plus those on Eavesway coach services to South Wales

10:20 Independent passengers.

Our disembarkation started around 8:45

Brian

Thanks Brian.

On this subject, I believe Eavesway is not operating the transfers from the Port in 2014, I read some other mob Inter...? are doing them, any other information re this? So would I arrange a transfer from ship to Heathrow, with the transfer mob pre cruise or on the ship?

Last time at Southampton we caught the National Express bus which was good only £15, but bit of a hike from Mayflower terminal to the National Express bus station, the queue for cabs at the cruise terminal was a mile long.

So............it's to be the Cunard 'mob' doing transfers in 2014 perhaps? Don't trust them as they use a multitude of different coach companies who, unlike Eavesway use their own fleet. We had a nightmare journey to Southampton one year............enough said!

• 2 weeks later...

We went to the buffet early, not busy at all. Vacated our cabin and waited in one of the lounges for our colour to be called. When the ship docks they bring British papers on board so we got a couple and read those. I tootled up to the buffet again about 9.30 and got myself an egg and a roll and took it back to the lounge to eat, again buffet wasn't busy.

I've just got back from Ventura and you have to book your disembarkation time a couple of days before at reception. (we had to do this too on Azura last year) It is mentioned in Horizon but a couple we spoke to hadn't noticed it (it was quite a small piece) and were grateful we mentioned it to them.

The earliest they let us leave was 8am for people who took all their own luggage (we didn't think we could manage!) or 9am for everyone else. We had breakfast in the buffet and then was back to our cabin to leave for 8am. We then sat in the theatre and read our books while we waited and we were let out in groups. British newspapers were being sold. We were walking off the ship by about 9.15. much better than Azura last year when we were told not to bother to go to our muster point and just join the queue - it was chaos!

Archived