Website Problems with Celebrity

gypsying

Hi,

Has anyone else had problems with the Celebrity Website? Last weekend I tried to "grab" a reservation on the Fjord Cruise. It was a terrific rate. I tried to pay the deposit but it never accepted it. I tried 3 times, with 2 different credit cards and received no response. I also could NOT put my husband on the reservation because it kept saying that there was no one with that name and Captain's Club number even though he is on other reservations with Celebrity. Clearly something was amiss with the website.

I wrote to the Captain's Club email explaining that we are on a cruise right now so CANNOT be reached by telephone. So I got an email saying that they tried to reach me by telephone! (Apparently they have no experience with customers who might be on a cruise ship!)

Then I tried to get our travel agent to straighten it out but they won't let her because I initiated the booking. AND they are claiming there is NO evidence of the sale and no evidence that I tried to make the deposit. VERY frustrating and it leads me to wonder if we should be dealing with Celebrity in the future. They insist that I call them!!

Has anyone else had similar problems? Any suggestions on how to resolve it?

Thank you, Elinor

Several months ago I got an email from X regarding a great sale on a Baltic Cruise. I immediately tried to book it but even though it still showed at the lower price on the website it wouldn't let me book it at that price. I had to talk to four people at X before I found one who would honor the price shown on their website. I was beyond frustrated.

Good luck to you!

The Celebrity website would have to improve tremendously to even get to an abysmal level. Unbelievable that the upper management does nothing to address this. Customers booking online saves the company money by not having to pay travel agent commissions. Other revenue such as drink packages and shore excursions should be able to be easily and reliably booked. If I was the CEO I would emphasize fixing this problem in order to increase revenues, please the Board of Directors and shareholders, and thus ensure myself a nice bonus.

I have someone else's cruise on my Manage my booking!!

They are going in exactly 100 days less than us.

I have booked two excursions which show up on their cruise.

They also seem to have our drinks package!!

I can check them in, change their dining preference and make dining reservations for them.

I have asked Celebrity to alter it but they can't seem to delete it.

I just hope that when we show up in September that they allow us on board.

I have someone else's cruise on my Manage my booking!!

They are going in exactly 100 days less than us.

I have booked two excursions which show up on their cruise.

They also seem to have our drinks package!!

I can check them in, change their dining preference and make dining reservations for them.

I have asked Celebrity to alter it but they can't seem to delete it.

I just hope that when we show up in September that they allow us on board.

After reading this I thought I better check my own reservation for next year. It is correct. However, on my Captain's Club page, it shows my upcoming reservation as the cruise I took on February 10th.

• 2 years later...

I am now in my second week of trying to get a log in to work on the Celebrity web site to book shore excursions and specialty restaurants.

Each time I call Celebrity, I am on hold for at least 8-10 minutes, and get no new information. I was told a week ago that IT has issued a ticket (I have the number) and "is working on the web site", but can't get any specific information about what the problem is, when it might be fixed and/or how to work around it.

One agent suggested I log in through my Captain's Club number instead. When I tried, I ended up locking my account for 20 minutes..not a big deal, since I can't get into it anyway. Interestingly, on the next three calls to Celebrity, when I said that I was following up on an IT ticket, no one even asked for the ticket number...hmmm.

Although there are cordial people answering the calls, the frustration of getting nowhere is overwhelming.

I did not have any issues on two prior Celebrity cruises -- a different laptop computer is the only change I've made. Any suggestions?

Frustrated Emile Jaques

Don't get me started. Worst website in the world. Somebody sack the IT team. I haven't been able to add my captains club number despite trying many times. Calling has confirmed its the right number, and that the website is utter poo. But website still denies the number exists, so I can't add it.

I am booked on the Infinity for a 10 day Dutch Antilles cruise on Oct 27 2016. There is now a 13 day Dutch Antilles cruise and Ft. Lauderdale stay leaving on Oct 24! I'm assuming it is the same cruise departing on the 27th with a couple of night in FT Lauderdale first (I hope!) but some people are in for a surprise!

Hi,

Has anyone else had problems with the Celebrity Website?...

Actually, the Celebrity Website has for the most part had one type of major problem or another pretty constantly for at least the past 5 years. It seems just as they get one problem fixed another crops up. Most long time Cruise Critic members who frequent Celebrity are completely amazed that management would allow such terrible web site implementation and management to go on for years but it has continued to happen. A lot of us are certain this has got to have cost Celebrity lots of business over time and created huge increases in customer call center volume for them on issues that could have been handled online and straightening out problems for customers caused by their system.

If you are currently on a cruise, have you tried talking with the on-board "future cruises" booking agent or are you not on a Celebrity or RCL cruise now?

Edited by Crazy Cruzer

Welcome to the always flawed website that Celebrity has.

The emails I receive are sporadic at best. I have NEVER gotten emails with the weekly specials, in spite of the fact that I continue to sign up for them.

Signing up for the Connections party has been on the fritz for months....

BUT...

Those annoying popups ALWAYS work!!!! Go figure.... I guess they're proud of that, at least.

Hi,

Has anyone else had problems with the Celebrity Website?

I lost some coffee on my screen.

In the military, they would call it FUBAR

I never, repeat never, try to actually book a cruise on their web page. I call, and put up with the wait.

I have experienced sporadic problems with various areas of the website.............it's a good job they are better as a cruise line than they are with IT :eek:

I have also emailed to complain, but I wish I'd looked at these posts first....I wouldn't have bothered :mad:

The date of this thread is almost 2 1/2 years old March 8th, 2013, 03:44 AM :eek:

As you can see Celebrity Cruises has done nothing about this problem.

It just shows you that THEY don't care!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

It's impossible to book by phone and book excursions on line. They keep saying we're working on it. I love this line, but this difficulty with their site makes me want to try another line.