Am I the only one who loves Royal room service?

I'm looking forward to sailng on the Oasis in January 2014. I'm sure I will spend the majority of my time out and about on the ship. Since I've been to the ports many times, I may not even get off the ship. I can't wait to oder room service during my down time and enjoy it while gazing out at central park.

Am I the only one that enjoys the room service on Royal ships more than the dining room and Lido?

We use room service quite a bit for breakfast. And occasionally for dinner.:)

Lol. I use it for everything except breakfast. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Honey Stung Chicken and sweet potatoe fries.

Room service was a life saver on our 2011 9 day cruise on Mariner of the Seas. I had a full length leg brace (pre-surgery) and sometimes wasn't up to the long walks. I was all too happy to tip well for meals delivered to me. Not to mention, the food was usually hotter and better presented than in the Lido and sometimes MDR.

We use it at most once per cruise for breakfast. Only ordered once in the middle of the day for a snack. Not a highlight by any stretch. And, no, we don't love it.

We use it at most once per cruise for breakfast. Only ordered once in the middle of the day for a snack. Not a highlight by any stretch. And, no, we don't love it.

It can be if you are bed bound! :)

Yes we LOVE room service as well! We count down the days to our cruise, but also the days til we get room service! We use it EVERY morning for breakfast & coffee. The times that we splurge for a suite we love that we can order anything from the main dining room menu and have it in our room or on the balcony instead of going to the dining room.

We have never used room service on our 5 previous cruises. Why? I have no idea. We are planning on using it for our cruise this month. If you put your breakfast request out the night before, does anyone have a problem with kids taking it or changing the items requested? We are cruising on the IOS during spring break and that seemed to be a problem, from what I heard, on a previous cruise.

Yes we LOVE room service as well! We count down the days to our cruise, but also the days til we get room service! We use it EVERY morning for breakfast & coffee. The times that we splurge for a suite we love that we can order anything from the main dining room menu and have it in our room or on the balcony instead of going to the dining room.

I want to be like you when I grow up! :D

Do they give you a room service menu that shows snacks/desserts as well? We plan to order breakfast once and maybe snacks.

Yes. If it is missing ask your steward to bring you one or request one with your order. Room service was very nice about "customizing" items on the menu when they could. It never hurts to ask. Remember to tip!

Do they give you a room service menu that shows snacks/desserts as well? We plan to order breakfast once and maybe snacks.

The full room service menu is located in a big book of information that should be somewhere in your cabin. It has all items available.

The door hanger menus have breakfast only items. We use these every morning and have never had a problem with missing items or more items that we ordered. But then we try not to cruise during spring break:).

I'm looking forward to sailng on the Oasis in January 2014. I'm sure I will spend the majority of my time out and about on the ship. Since I've been to the ports many times, I may not even get off the ship. I can't wait to oder room service during my down time and enjoy it while gazing out at central park.

Am I the only one that enjoys the room service on Royal ships more than the dining room and Lido?

We LOVE room service anytime !

Yum Yum !!!

I've not been a big user of room service in the past, but I do intend to try it a bit more during this cruise. At some point, I'm hoping to order a cheese plate or two to go with some wine in the cabin. I'd also like to try a bistro burger.

We have never used room service on our 5 previous cruises. Why? I have no idea. We are planning on using it for our cruise this month. If you put your breakfast request out the night before, does anyone have a problem with kids taking it or changing the items requested? We are cruising on the IOS during spring break and that seemed to be a problem, from what I heard, on a previous cruise.

I worry about someone stealing or tampering with it as well. Good news - you can use the remote and your TV to order the same items! It works well most of the time...I got a few "weak signals" error messages and had to start over.

I've not been a big user of room service in the past, but I do intend to try it a bit more during this cruise. At some point, I'm hoping to order a cheese plate or two to go with some wine in the cabin. I'd also like to try a bistro burger.

We enjoy a room service wake up call of coffee and danish that we order the night before. Nice to have a cup of coffee on our balcony as we come into port. Danish on the balcony have to calories so we then shower and head off to the WJ for a real breakfast.;):p

Archived