Am I the only one who loves Royal room service?

I've not been a big user of room service in the past, but I do intend to try it a bit more during this cruise. At some point, I'm hoping to order a cheese plate or two to go with some wine in the cabin. I'd also like to try a bistro burger.

The cheese plate, Bistro burger and pizza are three of my favorites. Can you tell a lot of my meals come from room service? :o Hopefully, I will like the food better this time. If not, I will be ok.

I worry about someone stealing or tampering with it as well. Good news - you can use the remote and your TV to order the same items! It works well most of the time...I got a few "weak signals" error messages and had to start over.

Thanks so much for this info - I never knew that and will definitely use the remote for ordering room service. Great to know.

We love to order room service. We order breakfast every day. It is always warm and yummy. The pastry tray is delicious and my DD fell in love with the eggs Benedict last cruise.

We order lunch or snacks a few times during the cruise as well. At least once, we have to order the personal pizza, sort of a cruise tradition for us.

There is something about eating on the balcony that we love.

I've been on 18 cruises and have never utilized room service. I like to see everything that's available.

Same for us. Never used room service.

Why sit around waiting when there is so much out there and so much more variety on the ship!

My first cruise we used Room Service a lot- love the fruit, chili/queso dip, cookies, and pizza. I don't recall trying breakfast

My cruise last month we used room service twice- once for a midnight snack: the spinach dip, pizza, cookies, etc was all very good.

But we were disappointed with breakfast that we got on our port day before an excursion- eggs tasted fake, it wasn't super hot, and they had randomly put our foods on 2 plates (we both had eggs but after that we just had an item here or there on menu and they somehow just decided what they thought we each wanted). Just not our favorite breakfast on the ship so we didn't do it again. Personally the food in the Windjammer or MDR was so much better in our opinion for breakfast or dinner. We just used Room Service for snacks.

Okay, we must be missing something here.

We find Royal's room service to be quite ordinary, nothing to complain about but nothing to rave about either.

Yes we LOVE room service as well! We count down the days to our cruise, but also the days til we get room service! We use it EVERY morning for breakfast & coffee. The times that we splurge for a suite we love that we can order anything from the main dining room menu and have it in our room or on the balcony instead of going to the dining room.
On Royal's sister cruise line, Celebrity, everyone can order anything from the main dining room dinner menu regardless of what kind of cabin they have.

You do not need to be in a suite.

Many people order the formal night dinners to enjoy on their balcony on formal nights when they do not feel like getting dressed up or going to the dining room.

The only difference is that if you are in a suite on Celebrity, a butler will uncover and serve you the dishes, one course at a time.

If you are not in a suite, they leave the covered dishes on a tray and you then need to endure the hardship of uncovering your own lobster tail or filet mignon and serving yourself. :eek: ;)

For suites, how do you request the full MDR menu items? How to know what the choices are?

Sent from my Nexus 4

For suites, the menus are in your suite and the stateroom attendant changes them each day.

Please count me in for loving room service. I enjoyed getting the cheese platter and cookies every now and then. For my next cruise from New Orleans-Rome I'm going to get coffee and pastries before going to the MDR or Windjammer. Its such a luxury to have room service and unlike hotels its part of the fare unless its between midnight and 5 AM(but who really gets hungry then lol). Even the $3.95 surcharge is worth it:D

We have never used room service on our 5 previous cruises. Why? I have no idea. We are planning on using it for our cruise this month. If you put your breakfast request out the night before, does anyone have a problem with kids taking it or changing the items requested? We are cruising on the IOS during spring break and that seemed to be a problem, from what I heard, on a previous cruise.

This is why I phone my order in the night before:D:D

Maybe I should have prefaced my original statement by saying that I generally do not like the food on cruises. I am a picky eater and rarely eat in the lido more than a couple of times. I especially avoid the lido for breakfast. I usually enjoy the MDR (all meals) but there are times when I don't want anything on the menu.

Therefore, I love Royal's room service because they have several items that appeal to me and the food has always been the correct temp and looked nice when served. Not to mention I only have to worry about the staff handling the food. Some of the things people do at the buffet is shocking.:eek:

Luckily, I don't cruise for the food. I have been on 10 cruises and have never gained a pound while cruising........usually lose 5-7 pounds. Too bad I can' t do that on land. :D

As another poster stated, its nice there is something for everyone on a cruise.

Ready to sail!

Maybe I should have prefaced my original statement by saying that I generally do not like the food on cruises. I am a picky eater and rarely eat in the lido more than a couple of times. I especially avoid the lido for breakfast. I usually enjoy the MDR (all meals) but there are times when I don't want anything on the menu.

Therefore, I love Royal's room service because they have several items that appeal to me and the food has always been the correct temp and looked nice when served. Not to mention I only have to worry about the staff handling the food. Some of the things people do at the buffet is shocking.:eek:

Luckily, I don't cruise for the food. I have been on 10 cruises and have never gained a pound while cruising........usually lose 5-7 pounds. Too bad I can' t do that on land. :D

As another poster stated, its nice there is something for everyone on a cruise.

Ready to sail!

Cruise to loose I love that mentality:D:D

I'm looking forward to sailng on the Oasis in January 2014. I'm sure I will spend the majority of my time out and about on the ship. Since I've been to the ports many times, I may not even get off the ship. I can't wait to oder room service during my down time and enjoy it while gazing out at central park.

Am I the only one that enjoys the room service on Royal ships more than the dining room and Lido?

We have coffee and a light breakfast delivered to our room every morning....................and we have a late night treat every evening delivered...............my kids and my mom, that usually travels with us....will call it for lunch and a dinner once or twice.......it is always a treat for us...........

The portions are tragically small and the food is, like elsewhere on the ship we were on, just okay. I do not love RCI room service. Sorry.

I like ordering room service, but agree with this post about the portion sizes. I find that when ordering a "normal" sized meal for my tastes, I end up receiving 10 plates of food needing to be brought up by two people. It gets ridiculous what they consider a normal portion size, plus how they seem to enjoy separating each item onto different plates. I might need to try to call on the phone from now on and see if I can get them to combine items onto one or two plates.

I'm looking forward to sailng on the Oasis in January 2014. I'm sure I will spend the majority of my time out and about on the ship. Since I've been to the ports many times, I may not even get off the ship. I can't wait to oder room service during my down time and enjoy it while gazing out at central park.

Am I the only one that enjoys the room service on Royal ships more than the dining room and Lido?

You are probably not the only one, because I doubt they´d offer it for just one Person cruising once in a while:rolleyes: but I´m not one of them.

Archived