New 2013 inclusive beverage program details

Bill Leiber

Having purchased premium packages in Celebrity more than once, these packages appear to be quite reasonably priced.

If you purchase a liquor package, does it include water or is that a completely separate package.

You don't need to purchase a package to get water. It is included both onboard and when you leave the ship at ports.

If you want a particular brand, then you will have to pay.

Is Irish coffee / Jamaican coffee etc included, if using included spirits?

Get a nice cafe latte to take out and then sit down relax and order a straight to put in it. Lovely strong, big cup of loveliness when its breezy and you want a bit of me time;)

Yvonne:)

Having purchased premium packages in Celebrity more than once, these packages appear to be quite reasonably priced.

If you purchase a liquor package, does it include water or is that a completely separate package.

Unlike Celebrity, with Azamara the packages are separate so if you want premium water (ie Evian, San Pellegrino and Perrier) you'll need to buy a separate package. There is no charge for non-premium bottled water.

Phil

We have just booked our first Azamara cruise, and I am naturally reading everything I can about this line on Cruise Critic.

I find it hilarious that with most other threads, the bulk of the posters are from the US, but this one has so many Brits posting, the Americans must think that we are all obsessed with booze! We both enjoy our drink, and feel that it is a bonus that a lot of it is included - we are looking forward to our cruise in December.

We have just booked our first Azamara cruise, and I am naturally reading everything I can about this line on Cruise Critic.

I find it hilarious that with most other threads, the bulk of the posters are from the US, but this one has so many Brits posting, the Americans must think that we are all obsessed with booze! We both enjoy our drink, and feel that it is a bonus that a lot of it is included - we are looking forward to our cruise in December.

Hi! I promise you will not be disappointed - you will have a great cruise experience with Azamara. It's true - I think most of the other posters on this thread approached their cruises with trepidation thinking they were going to have to endure a whole lot of drunken Brits rolling around the decks. Actually on our last two cruises we were all on our best behaviour and we didn't notice so much as a hiccup! In fact many of us preferred to sample the delights of the excellent range of coffees in the Mosaic lounge.

Yes; that indeed is correct. Also, the most viewed thread on the Azamara forum by far!:)

Edited by CintiPam

• 4 months later...

WHAT A FOOL I AM!

I am a naive idiot; I do not drink alcohol and I ASSUMED that the "all-inclusive" would include my drink of choice, San Pellegrino with Perrier as a back-up.

I do not understand why standard vodkas and gins are free and even some wines are free but a person who drinks a couple of glasses of water a day (less than a liter) must pay so much.

I am not typically so curmudgeonly but I wonder if the concept of free wine, beer, and alcohol makes other people think of free carbonated water?

If you drink less than a liter a day, I don't think you are going to go bankrupt!

WHAT A FOOL I AM!

I am a naive idiot; I do not drink alcohol and I ASSUMED that the "all-inclusive" would include my drink of choice, San Pellegrino with Perrier as a back-up.

I do not understand why standard vodkas and gins are free and even some wines are free but a person who drinks a couple of glasses of water a day (less than a liter) must pay so much.

I am not typically so curmudgeonly but I wonder if the concept of free wine, beer, and alcohol makes other people think of free carbonated water?

WHAT A FOOL I AM!

You do know what the expression is about people who assume, don't you? I believe the comedienne Ellen DeGeneres put it very well.

“You should never assume. You know what happens when you assume. You make an ass out of you and me because that's how it's spelled.”

All kidding aside, you're getting worked up over nothing. There's ample free bottled water available on board. You can ask for it at any bar or food counter. Our room steward regularly left us two bottles every day. And if you walk up to the top deck, at the back you'll find a bucket of iced water bottles there for the taking. You're not going to die of thirst on an Azamara ship.

As to your comments about Pellegrino, it's a natural sparkling water, not carbonated water. Different thing entirely, and it's not uncommon to charge for it. On Royal Caribbean, if you buy the alcohol package it's not included. On Celebrity, it is. Different lines handle it differently, that's all. If you buy a big bottle on RCL, it's a whopping $9.50. On X and Azamara, half that price. Either way it won't break the bank if you treat yourself to Pellegrino.

And about the "free" alcohol--if you read this thread you'll find out soon enough that it's not all free, only some free. Like water, there are limitations. ;)