New 2013 inclusive beverage program details

Bill Leiber

However, for Bill - Would the company consider substituting a European beer for one of the American ones during the summer when there will be more UK and European passengers ?? Carlberg / Heineken / Amstel or a local beer from the region where the ship finds itself would be most acceptable as many Europeans don't like US beers.

And my DH would be in total agreement with that! Although he thinks the Leffe is just about drinkable - but only just. And don't even get him started on the Whisky selection! :rolleyes:

However, for Bill - Would the company consider substituting a European beer for one of the American ones during the summer when there will be more UK and European passengers ?? Carlberg / Heineken / Amstel or a local beer from the region where the ship finds itself would be most acceptable as many Europeans don't like US beers.

Many Americans don't like US beers either. LOL They much prefer European beers.

Many Americans don't like US beers either. LOL
I was going to post the same thing, although I'd point out the European beers named above are nothing to write home about, either.

American craft beers now can now stand up against anything anywhere. Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale is a superb beer, as is Sam Adams Triple Bock. There are countless others. Unfortunately, American beer is judged by the big two, Budweiser and Miller, and they are dreadful.

Maybe like the wines, we could have them to suit itinerary. So in Spain we could have Estrella and Greece we could go for Mythos? Actually, just stick those 2 on the list and I'm happy! :D

I understand sparkling wines are not included in the basic drink package. I understand you can purchase a "wine package". What I do not understand is if a split or glass of sparkling wine is available for purchase at any open bar, and if so at what cost? My wife and I are booked on the Journey October 8, 13.

Thank you

Hello Highhandicapper -

Thanks for your question. Yes, sparkling wines are available by the glass. Our current selections and costs are as follows:

§ Domaine Chandon, Brut Classic NV, California @ $12 each

§ Taittinger, La Française, Brut NV, France @ $15 each

§ Martini & Rossi, Asti Spumante, Italy @ $8 each.

As I previously mentioned, a new wine list is being formulated and will be completed by the end of 2013. At that time, the above selections will change; however, the selections and pricing are not available at this time.

Best wishes for an AzAmazing vacation experience.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello Oliveau -

I've passed on your suggestion that Azamara substitute its selection of American beers with a European beer. I've learned that currently we offer Beck's as the complimentary European beer selection. At this time, there are no plans to add or substitute any other brands to our complimentary selections.

We do offer a Premium Beer Package at $11.95 per person, per day which includes 26 domestic, international and non-alcoholic brands. Also, this package includes a 25% savings on premium wine by the glass:

Amstel Light, Boddingtons Pub Ale, Bohemia, Buckler, Carlsberg, Corona, Dos Equis, Grolsch, Guinness, Heineken, Leffe, Murphy's, Irish Stout, Newcastle, O'Doul's, Peroni, Pilsner Urquell, Red Stripe, Smirnoff Ice, Stella Artois, Warsteiner and more ...

Also, you can purchase international beers on an individual basis, with per serving costs at $3.50, $4.50 or $5.50. For example, the list at $3.50/individual purchase features:

Amstel Light (Holland); Carlsberg (Denmark); Corona Extra (Mexico); Don Equis (Mexico); Guinness (Ireland - Bottle); Heineken (Holland); Heineken Premium Light (Holland); Newcastle (England); Peroni (Italy); Pilsner Urquell (Czech Republic); Red Stripe (Jamaica); Stella Artois (Belgium).

Here is a link to the Azamara US/Canada website for complete information about our Beer and Premium liquor programs.

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan-your-voyage/onboard-packages/wine-packages

Thank you for your contributions to the forum and I hope you find this information useful.

Best Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

It has become clear that whilst Azamara regret the difficulties and occasional distress that this issue has caused, alcoholic drinks are a big source of revenue and so it's unlikely that popular drinks will be included.

From a purely selfish point of view I am happy to drink the included offerings and will cut my coat according to my cloth.

I know fully what to expect from Azamara and I am delighted to have re-booked on that basis.

If I want to drink what I want, when I want it, I'll either pay at the time or pay a higher price to cruise with Seabourn or one of their competitors.

Thank you Bill.

I'm sorry to say that I don't know of many people in the Azamara age range that actually LIKE Becks!

Others may pooh-pooh Carlsberg/Heineken, but it's much more acceptable than Becks!

Having been led to believe earlier that Az is now all-inclusive I'm a bit teasy about still having to buy a package to drink a Pimms and Pilsener Urquell.

I bought the Classic package last year on Journey and could have waht I wanted, including the odd nightcap of Chivas Regal - Now that has gone onto the Premium list. I despair.

Thank you Bill.

I bought the Classic package last year on Journey and could have waht I wanted, including the odd nightcap of Chivas Regal - Now that has gone onto the Premium list. I despair.

The packages are now much cheaper, than last year, to reflect the inclusive drinks, so you may find that this year's premium package is equal or cheaper than last year's classic. Sorry if I've given you false hope though!

Thank you Bill.

I'm sorry to say that I don't know of many people in the Azamara age range that actually LIKE Becks!

Others may pooh-pooh Carlsberg/Heineken, but it's much more acceptable than Becks!

Having been led to believe earlier that Az is now all-inclusive I'm a bit teasy about still having to buy a package to drink a Pimms and Pilsener Urquell.

There are a couple of "anomalies" like this. For instance you now can't get a glass of sparkling wine under the liquor packages that you could have with the old Premium package. Stoli Elit vodka (my choice of vodka) is no longer available under any of the packages and can only be bought (with a discount if you have a package I think).

If I want to drink what I want, when I want it, I'll either pay at the time or pay a higher price to cruise with Seabourn or one of their competitors.

Wise words Tim. That is and has been my attitude throughout the debate. It's the bottom line price of the cruise that really counts and you can't expect extensive booze on a cruise that isn't priced to reflect it.

Phil

My comments:

I like the idea that some alcoholic drinks are included as part of the base fare. I readily acknowledge that Azamara cruises are, if largely inclusive, not all-inclusive. I do wish that Azamara would consider the adding at no charge of a sparkling wine like Proseco (which does not cost much) and another European beer. And I further acknowledge that the additional alcohol packages offered by Azamara are not exorbitantly priced.

My attitude is that, for a future Azamara Baltic cruise, I will largely be on the ship only in the evening. I will have often a beer or glass of wine while onshore. In the evening, I may enjoy a few drinks, but there is a limit to how much alcohol I will be drinking. When I am invited to a party, there is nearly always limited brands of beer, wine and whiskey, but I find that I have no problems finding a drink that I can enjoy and having a great time. And this is how I am approaching the cruise. Most of the time, a mixed drink with a less expensive brand or a cold Budweiser or Beck's will be fine. If on occasion I need a glass of Proseco or an Old Fashion with Maker's Mark or a Heineken, I will just order it.

Would I like to see Azamara do a bit of fine-tuning of the list of beer and whiskey brands offered as part of the base fare? Yes. But I suspect I can enjoy myself immensely under the current policy. Were I taking a different cruise with much more time on the ship, I might consider one of the alcohol packages being offered. However, were I taking that kind of cruise, I probably would not be sailing on Azamara, which markets itself as the destination-immersion cruise line.

Edited by Reggiefan

It has become clear that whilst Azamara regret the difficulties and occasional distress that this issue has caused, alcoholic drinks are a big source of revenue and so it's unlikely that popular drinks will be included.

From a purely selfish point of view I am happy to drink the included offerings and will cut my coat according to my cloth.

I know fully what to expect from Azamara and I am delighted to have re-booked on that basis.

Who are you and what have you done with our English Tim??? :p

Thank you Bill.

I prefer Becks to Heineken and Carlsberg (but Leffe Blonde would have been my preference)!!

Screwcork

I am quite sure (unless Bill knows otherwise) that the draught Beck's served on board is American brewed. ( Beck's is brewed for the US market in St Louis)

How do I know this, because it tastes like American beer (i.e. bland, think Bud, Bud Light, Miller etc). It certainly is not the same brew as Beck's sell in the UK which has quite a strong 'hoppy' flavour.

I don't particularly like German Beck's because of the hoppy flavour. The Beck's on Azamara is easier to palate because it tastes of nothing!

I used to as well but then he took up with Posh and started ageing

That's funny :)

Seriously though.

Bills list of liqueur's first post on here. I found when on Quest in may that when I asked for just a peach schnapps, they asked was it on the list at the back, which of course it's not as there are no liqueur's showing.

So I was wondering is this list (below) still included as separate drinks or only in cocktails?

Many thanks

Yvonne

Anisette

Apricot Brandy

Blackberry Brandy

Blue Curaçao

Butterscotch Schnapps

Cherry Brandy

Crème de Almond

Crème de Banana

Crème de Cacao Dark

Crème de Cacao White

Crème de Cassis

Crème de Menthe Green

Crème de Menthe White

Kirsch

Orange Curaçao

Peach Schnapps

Peppermint Schnapps

Sloe Gin

Sour Apple Pucker

Triple Sec

Vermouth Dry

Vermouth Sweet

That's funny :)

Seriously though.

Bills list of liqueur's first post on here. I found when on Quest in may that when I asked for just a peach schnapps, they asked was it on the list at the back, which of course it's not as there are no liqueur's showing.

So I was wondering is this list (below) still included as separate drinks or only in cocktails?

Many thanks

Yvonne

Anisette

Apricot Brandy

Blackberry Brandy

Blue Curaçao

Butterscotch Schnapps

Cherry Brandy

Crème de Almond

Crème de Banana

Crème de Cacao Dark

Crème de Cacao White

Crème de Cassis

Crème de Menthe Green

Crème de Menthe White

Kirsch

Orange Curaçao

Peach Schnapps

Peppermint Schnapps

Sloe Gin

Sour Apple Pucker

Triple Sec

Vermouth Dry

Vermouth Sweet

Any ingredient of an included cocktail should be available on its own ie creme de menthe on the rocks.

Reminds me of that old Jack Nicholson movie where he asks the waitress for tuna salad; only to be told that they don't have tuna salad. He then asks if they have tuna salad sandwiches? Yes. To which he orders a tuna salad sandwich, but instructs her to "hold the bread".

Reminds me of that old Jack Nicholson movie where he asks the waitress for tuna salad; only to be told that they don't have tuna salad. He then asks if they have tuna salad sandwiches? Yes. To which he orders a tuna salad sandwich, but instructs her to "hold the bread".

That is so it!

:)

• 1 month later...

I wanted some clarity to see if I am reading Azamara's website correctly.

The beer package is $11.95.

The first tier liquor package is $12.95, and it INCLUDES the beer package.

Sooooo, for $1 extra (i.e. $12.95) you get both the tier 1 liquor package and the beer package?

Is there additinal tax or VAT on the package pricing, and can shipboard credit be used to purchase the package(s)?

Thanks, JS

I wanted some clarity to see if I am reading Azamara's website correctly. ....

Thanks, JS

Hello PSULion -

Thanks for your perceptive questions:

§ Yes, the Premium Beer Package is $11.95 per person, per day. And for only $1.00 per person per day, there is a first-tier Premium Liquor Package offered at $12.95 per person, per day and includes all the beer selections that come with the Premium Beer Package.

§ As a bonus, all liquor package options include a 25% savings on premium wines by the glass.

§ There are no additional taxes required.

§ You can purchase these beverage programs using your onboard credit.

§ Caveat: all selection are subject to change and availability.

For other readers of this message, here is a link to our onboard packages shown on our website:

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan-your-voyage/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

I hope this information helps in your decision making.

Cheers!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Will there be a non-alcholic beer.

Hello Shellyh -

You will be able to purchase non-alcoholic beers. Our Premium Beer Package includes two Non-Alcoholic Beers, which may be purchased on an individual basis:

1. O’Doul’s -$2.50 individual purchase

2. Buckler (Holland) - $3.50 individual purchase

I hope this information helps in your decision making.

Bottoms Up!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises