New 2013 inclusive beverage program details

Bill Leiber

Hello Azamara Inclusive Beverage Followers -

I'm pleased to provide you with a summary of the complimentary spirits, cocktails, beers and wines that will be available along with the value-priced beverage packages that will be offered concurrently with the inclusive program. The detailed information will be available shortly on our website.

COMPLIMENTARY Beverage Program

Spirits

Finlandia vodka

Smirnoff vodka

Gordon’s gin

Seagram's Seven Crown

whisky

Jim Beam bourbon

José Cuervo Especial Silver tequila

Mount Gay Eclipse Silver rum

Beefeater gin Cutty Sark Scotch whisky

Anisette

Apricot Brandy

Blackberry Brandy

Blue Curaçao

Butterscotch Schnapps

Cherry Brandy

Crème de Almond

Crème de Banana

Crème de Cacao Dark

Crème de Cacao White

Crème de Cassis

Crème de Menthe Green

Crème de Menthe White

Kirsch

Orange Curaçao

Peach Schnapps

Peppermint Schnapps

Sloe Gin

Sour Apple Pucker

Triple Sec

Vermouth Dry

Vermouth Sweet

Cocktails and Long Drinks

Appletini

Bay Breeze

Bloody Mary

Blue Wave

Cape Cod

Caribbean Sunset

Daiquiri

Gibson

Gimlet

Grasshopper

Greyhound

Kamikaze

Long Island Iced Tea

Mai Tai

Manhattan

Margarita

Martini

Old Fashioned

Piña Colada

Planter’s Punch

Rob Roy

Rum Runner

Salty Dog

Sea Breeze

Screwdriver

Tequila Sunrise

Tom Collins

Vodka Stinger

Whiskey Sour

Zentini

Bottled Beers

Budweiser

Bud Light

Beck’s

1 Draught Beer

Beck’s

19 Boutique Wines (Rotation of One White + One Red each day, plus One Rosé)

Kato Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand)

Gérard Bertrand Chardonnay Réserve

Spéciale (France)

Caposaldo Pinot Grigio (Italy)

Main Street Chardonnay (California)

Stellenzicht Sauvignon Blanc (South Africa)

Cousiño Macul Riesling Reserva (Chile)

Bogle Chardonnay (California)

Serra da Estrela Albariño (Portugal)

Joel Gott Sauvignon Blanc (California)

Bulletin Place Shiraz (Australia)

Gérard Bertrand Cabernet Sauvignon

Réserve Spéciale (France)

Melini Laborel Chianti Classico (Italy)

Castle Rock Pinot Noir (California)

Stellenzicht Pinotage (South Africa)

Cousiño Macul Cabernet Sauvignon

Antiguas Reservas (Chile)

The Crusher Merlot (California)

JMF Periquita (Portugal)

Cline Zinfandel (California)

Clos Clementine Rosé (France)

* ALL SELECTIONS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND AVAILABILITY

NEW Beverage Packages

§ In addition to standard complimentary beverages we’re also introducing five high-value beverage packages. From our Premium Water Package and Premium Beer Package to Premium, Top Shelf and Ultimate liquor packages, which willgive you more options for preferred spirits at very attractive pricing on higher end spirits, whether purchased as single drinks or in packages.

Liquor Packages

§ You’re likely to have favorite brands for vodka, whisky, tequila, brandy and other spirits, and chances are you’ll find them in our beverage packages. For instance, "complimentary" beverages include 30 select standard spirits.

§ Compare that to 90 brands in the Premium package, 120 in the Top Shelf package, and 140 in the Ultimate package. Beverage packages are all about choice and a customized guest experience.

§ Our new beverage packages are very well priced because the value of a complimentary drink is taken into consideration in pricing for higher-end brands, so you pay just a slight up-charge.

Premium Package: $12.95 per person per day; e.g. Ketel One, Bombay Sapphire, Crown Royal, Johnnie Walker Red Label - see website for complete listing. Per drink from $4.50 and varies.

Top Shelf Package: $15.95 per person per day; e.g. Belvedere, Tanqueray No. Ten, Maker's Mark, Chivas Regal - see website for complete listing. Per drink from $5.50 and varies.

Ultimate Package: $18.95 per person per day; e.g. Hendrick's, The Balvenie, Patrón Silver, Rémy Martin VSOP - see website for complete listing. Per drink from $6.50 and varies.

Not everyone drinks spirits, so we’ve also created special packages for wine, beer and premium bottled water.

WINE PACKAGES

§ Includes all bottles of wine valued at $50 or less.

§ More than 60 wines from which to choose, including 1 Sparkling wine, 30 White wines, 3 Rosé wines, 26 Red wines, and 4 Dessert wines (Based on new wine list, introduced throughout 2013).

BEER PACKAGES

§ Beer selections include 26 brands

- 19 Brands @ $2.50-$3.50 per glass

- 7 Brands @ $4.50-$5.50 per glass

§ Premium Beer Package @ $11.95 per person per day.

§ See website for brand names.

PREMIUM WATER PACKAGES

§ $7.95 per person per day Premium Bottled Water Package; note includes Single Serving items only

§ Single Serving @ $2.50 for Evian, Perrier, San Pellegrino.

IMPORTANT: Please note that both the beer and liquor packages include 25% savings on premium wines by the glass. While we offer two complimentary wine selections each day, many more fine wines can be purchased at ship bars. If you love fine wines, that 25% savings means a beverage package can pay for itself!

TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Prices as shown are per person, per day. Prices subject to change without notice. Packages cannot be shared and are non-transferable (including but not limited to any other guest or sailing), are valid only for the voyage for which they are purchased, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional programs or as credit towards any other purchases, such as selections that are not included in the program. Packages do not include beverages sold in gift shops. Packages will be charged on the day of purchase. Packages may not be cancelled at any time. No refunds for previous or remaining days will be issued. When ordering a selection onboard, you must present your KeyCard bearing the package code or sticker to your server. Not all beverage selections are available on all sailings. Alternate selections of equal value may be substituted at management discretion. Beverage selections are offered for consumption in the dining room, specialty restaurants, the buffet and casual dining restaurants, and bars and lounges. Beverage Package selections are not available for consumption from the in-stateroom Minibar. Selections are limited and subject to availability. Violation of these terms and conditions may result in loss of package privileges and a refund will not be issued.

For the sake of good order, please note that all selections listed in the various packages are subject to change and availability.

Also, on the website there will be a section with the answers to the most "Frequently Asked Questions" which I'm sure you'll find helpful. Or contact me so that I can track down the answer from our hotel operations team.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

WINE PACKAGES

§ Includes all bottles of wine valued at $50 or less.

§ More than 60 wines from which to choose, including 1 Sparkling wine, 30 White wines, 3 Rosé wines, 26 Red wines, and 4 Dessert wines (Based on new wine list, introduced throughout 2013).

Thanks for posting the info Bill. Do you have pricing for the wine packages? Can we purchase the various beverage packages at any point in the cruise - say part way through for the rest of the voyage?

Wow, what an absolute shambles. It could take ages to get a drink in the early days, as staff struggle to remember what price drinks are and to identify which passenger is entitled to which drink.

I drink mainly cocktails, so I'm alright Jack! (not Daniels!(

Is any bottled water now complimentary?

Does this mean, only 1 red, 1 white and 1 Rose will be available each day? Then if one doesn't like it, one has to buy a premium wine?

This makes Azamara sound more like a budget cruiseline, rather than a premium brand.

Perhaps some of the regulars can make it easier to understand what newbies can expect, but then again, maybe it's all change!

We have been drinking bottled water. In fact, it is the only thing my DH is now drinking and only non carbonated.

I am surprised there is a charge of $2.50 per bottle for Evian. It looks like we willing be paying for water.

Will bottled Soda Water/Club Soda still be complimentary and in the staterooms as that is what I drink.

Edited by Jade13

I can't edit above post, but note that complimentary list includes two wine choices of each colour, each day:o

Hi English Tim,

As you say it appears that two wine choices of each colour will be available daily.

However, on past cruises when wine was only available with lunch and dinner they were more than happy to provide you with the wine of your choice as long as it was on the rotation list.

We particularly liked a Cabernet Sauvignon and had it every day.

Tim and Yvonne, I know you are yet to sail on Azamara and may feel rather dismayed at how regular cruisers have been displeased with the Home Office lately.

While I think the marketing operation is shambolic, I hope once you get aboard you will agree with the majority of us that the crew is the friendliest, kindest and most customer focused team of any cruise line.

Hi English Tim,

As you say it appears that two wine choices of each colour will be available daily.

However, on past cruises when wine was only available with lunch and dinner they were more than happy to provide you with the wine of your choice as long as it was on the rotation list.

We particularly liked a Cabernet Sauvignon and had it every day.

Tim and Yvonne, I know you are yet to sail on Azamara and may feel rather dismayed at how regular cruisers have been displeased with the Home Office lately.

While I think the marketing operation is shambolic, I hope once you get aboard you will agree with the majority of us that the crew is the friendliest, kindest and most customer focused team of any cruise line.

Thanks and I know we'll have a wonderful cruise, but at the moment Bill doesn't make me feel like a valued client.

Is any bottled water now complimentary?

Does this mean, only 1 red, 1 white and 1 Rose will be available each day? Then if one doesn't like it, one has to buy a premium wine?

The standard water will still be available as it always has. In the staterooms, around the ship, as you walk off in port. The premium stuff is Perrier for example.

I note you haven't been on an Azamara cruise yet. The situation with the wine is as it always has been too.

Phil

The standard water will still be available as it always has. In the staterooms, around the ship, as you walk off in port. The premium stuff is Perrier for example.

I note you haven't been on an Azamara cruise yet. The situation with the wine is as it always has been too.

Phil

Morning Phil,

I know I am being a little churlish because I do think the offerings are acceptable but I struggle to consider Perrier as a premium water.

And as a marketing professional myself, I would like them to consider tweaking their strap lines in advertising. I feel a little uncomfortable with the epithet 'all inclusive ' when they will be offering FIVE different beverage packages.

Thanks for the list Bill. Personally we have never found any of the included wines to be a problem and it is nice to see the expanded list. As ever though we have a wording interpretation, I read the two wines a day to be a no change ie one red and one white, changed each day plus one rose, same bottle offered throughout the cruise as that ties up with an earlier paragraph, but it seems some are reading this as two reds, two whites......... Time will tell the answer to that one

I think the selection for scotch drinkers like DH is a little disappointing however it is November before we are on board so things will shake out a bit I am sure and worst case DH has to continue paying for his as I know he and most Scots do not get excited about Cutty Sark

Good to see a package for water whilst there is generic bottled water on board, we love San pellergino at nights so may well go for a package, will just have to price up the pay as you go in due course.

Tim, I do not expect confusion at the bars as the tills will be programmed accordingly and as others have said, do not judge this book by its cover....... But we look forward to your thoughts when you come back from your cruise, do come and tell us.

Edited by uktog

Thanks Bill for the information, but could Azamara have made it more complicated if they tried.

I feel sorry for the staff on board who have to put this into operation as early as next week. However, knowing the Azamara crew they will cope magnificently as they always do.

Hi Bill

Thanks very much for list, it all looks fab to us, but I guess we haven't got very sophisticated tastes, can't wait for our very first Azamara cruise next week!!!!

Elizabeth and Leslie:)

Edited by Jem 12

And as a marketing professional myself, I would like them to consider tweaking their strap lines in advertising. I feel a little uncomfortable with the epithet 'all inclusive ' when they will be offering FIVE different beverage packages.

Morning Hazel. I'd agree and that's Azamara's biggest blunder. They messed up calling it "all inclusive" although I have to say that from my own personal point of view and from the start I never imagined that I could go and get my Stoli Elit (which sells for £45+ for a 70cl bottle here) under all inclusive. I actually think the Ultimate Premium Package is a very fair price and offers a sensible choice for those who don't want the standard drinks.

Phil

Whilst it is good, finally, to have the details of the inclusive drinks I have to say that the beer selection is very, very poor. A year or so ago I took some time in suggesting what beers might be included and Bill Leiber very kindly said that my suggestions were being considered.

So what do we get:

Bottled Beers

Budweiser - the beer for people who don't like beer - gassy and tasteless

Bud Light - the beer for people who like beer even more tasteless and gassy

Beck’s - a reasonable lager, just

No ales and nothing that a beer drinker would really want. Very disappointing.

Morning Hazel. I'd agree and that's Azamara's biggest blunder. They messed up calling it "all inclusive" although I have to say that from my own personal point of view and from the start I never imagined that I could go and get my Stoli Elit (which sells for £45+ for a 70cl bottle here) under all inclusive. I actually think the Ultimate Premium Package is a very fair price and offers a sensible choice for those who don't want the standard drinks.

Phil

Phil, I agree the 'all inclusive' strap-line was very misleading. I assumed it would be the same as Regent, etc.

The marketing also mentioned International beers, yet only American ones are on Bill's list.

Maybe the spirits list is incomplete, as I don't see a dark rum, yet many of the cocktails are made with dark rum. Maybe one can ask for the cocktail without all the additions, just the rum!

I shall, of course, do my usual cruise review

We are on the Journey in April - prior to the cruises with the inclusive drinks that start then. If I were to purchase a classic drinks package, would that be similar to the list Mr Lieber posted above? Also the classic package says all beer brands, is that only the 3 offered above or the 26 brands available in a beer package.

It also said on Mr Leibers post that we can look on the website to find out what beers are in a beer package, and go to a FAQ section, but I can not seem to find them anywhere. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

The answers to my questions will determine whether we purchase a package or not.:)

I cannot understand why Azamara have bothered to go down the all-inclusive route.

I am just very pleased that I am not employed as a bar steward on one of their ships. What a shambles!

My fears have manifested themselves and had I known that this is how it worked I would not have booked my forthcoming cruise. I would have paid the extra and gone with one of the real luxury lines.

I am going to try my level best to enjoy this cruise but this marketing nightmare has left a nasty taste in my mouth.

Three different levels of sprit packages, water package, wine package or pay as you go on an all-inclusive ship. What a joke!

Thank you Bill for posting this list.

I am glad to see that most of the wine selection has not changed,(IIRC it was a Italian rose before and now it is French); but I am very surprised to see that they could not include a basic sparkling wine in the selection.

DH is surprised not to see Baileys included, or beers like Corona/Peroni or even a cider in the list.

Edited by little britain

We have been told, and AZA website still says, that "select standard spirits, international beers and wines" are included. I have a hard time understanding how offering Bud, Bud Light and Becks as the only included beers lives up to what is advertised as international beers.

Doug