New 2013 inclusive beverage program details

Bill Leiber

I see Nowhere on Azamara's website where it says " All Inclusive " !

Does it say All inclusive on the UK site? That is what is in question.

If the UK agents advertised it this way they should be responsible for at least upgrading their clients to the higher level package.

Does it say All inclusive on the UK site? That is what is in question.

If the UK agents advertised it this way they should be responsible for at least upgrading their clients to the higher level package.

It did, but since the start of this thread, it has mysteriously disappeared.

I'm told all will be revealed this week, which is just as well as the first cruise sails on Wednesday!

Sonia Limbrick, business development manager, Azamara Club Cruises, said: "With the addition of select spirits, wines, beers, and a special evening event, the Azamara Club Cruises experience has received phenomenal feedback.

"In fact, agents in the UK wanted to be able to sell Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest's itineraries as an all-inclusive experience and challenged us to deliver the tools to help them do this."

This was posted on Travelmole.com at the time of the announcement.

It seems to me Azamara were fully aware how this would be marketed in the UK.

Yep this appeared all over every advertising mag online as posted earlier, by myself, about 3 days ago on the management thread.

"

Found these so far -My comments in bold italics

"The on-board experience is one to look forward to with this luxury line and 2013 is set to be a fantastic year with recent changes to their all-inclusive package. Guests can now expect; standard spirits, international beers, a special selection of wines from around the world, teas and coffees and soft drinks throughout the cruise; gratuities included for waiters, bartenders and housekeepers; an on-board concierge service allowing help with personal guidance; an English butler service provided in suites, a self-service laundry; and a shuttle bus to and from ports where available."

Note standard spirits, mid range normally those in a classic package, many of those are now in a purchased package just as they always were!

"

Azamara Cruises - You'll love where we take you

Azamara Club Cruises, the difference between visiting a destination and truly experiencing it. See whats included and the true value of an all inclusive Azamara luxury cruise below.

• All Inclusive from Spring 2013 (ask for details)
  • Service charges for housekeeping, dining and bar staff
  • Bottled water, soft drinks, speciality coffees and teas
  • Selected wines, beers and spirits
  • English butler service for suite guests
  • Shuttle service to and from ports, where available

Azamara goes all-inclusive for 2013

Azamara Club Cruises is going all-inclusive for 2013 after feedback from travel agents.

The upmarket cruise line, which is part of Royal Caribbean, will start its all-inclusive offering when Azamara Quest starts its European season on 27 March 2013 and Azamara Journey starts on 15 May 2013.

The cruise firm is developing a new training module on how to sell all-inclusive voyages plus agents will be given clear guidelines in a 'frequently asked questions' format to ensure they are best equipped to handle any booking queries.

The new tools will be available from Friday in order to support agents in advance of the peak 'wave' booking season.

Sonia Limbrick, business development manager, Azamara Club Cruises, said: "With the addition of select spirits, wines, beers, and a special evening event, the Azamara Club Cruises experience has received phenomenal feedback.

"In fact, agents in the UK wanted to be able to sell Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest's itineraries as an all-inclusive experience and challenged us to deliver the tools to help them do this."

Azamara Club Cruises promotes itself as a destination-immersive cruise line for up-market travellers with European-boutique hotel ambience and sailing to destinations worldwide larger ships cannot reach.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012"

There are loads, mostly official quotes, they often have a rider that says ask for details, but as no details have been available, I am not sure how the training for TAs can have had any purpose!

I am not that bothered but it has all gone a bit loopy with all those different packages that have the standard drinks in them.

With regard to what is included on an all inc 5 star hotel holiday, the 4 star and lower is usually local stuff but the 5 tend to include popular imported brands too;)

Yvonne:)"

I am not affected by this promotion as I booked without it, ages ago, but I do feel for those who did!

Edited by HudandPug

It did, but since the start of this thread, it has mysteriously disappeared.

I'm told all will be revealed this week, which is just as well as the first cruise sails on Wednesday!

Interesting. Hopefully someone cut and past and/or scanned that Ad.

I don't wish to labour the point but of course Azamara knows how these cruises are being marketed in the UK. They should do because one agent "

Being owned by Royal Caribbean means we can bring you the best deals, many exclusive, plus others at much less than you would find on the high street!"

is owned by Royal Caribbean and is advertising Azamara as "All inclusive". :) [i've just checked and they still are as of now] I wont name the TA because I believe that this is not allowed on CC. However a quick google search should find them.

Yep this appeared all over every advertising mag online as posted earlier, by myself, about 3 days ago on the management thread.

I am not affected by this promotion as I booked without it, ages ago, but I do feel for those who did!

But, what was on Azamaras own (UK) site, and was that saved?

HudandPug

Sorry, I didn't realise you'd posted the exact same thing, I haven't read all the threads, perhaps I should in future.

It makes no difference to me either, although my DH is rather disappointed with the beer and gin offerings. I agree though, I do feel sorry for those who really did buy into the 'All Inclusive' tag.

We have 4 Azamara cruises under our belt and we take our next in June, we will assess how we feel about the changes then.

HudandPug

Sorry, I didn't realise you'd posted the exact same thing, I haven't read all the threads, perhaps I should in future.

It makes no difference to me either, although my DH is rather disappointed with the beer and gin offerings. I agree though, I do feel sorry for those who really did buy into the 'All Inclusive' tag.

We have 4 Azamara cruises under our belt and we take our next in June, we will assess how we feel about the changes then.

No problem!

My latest concern is once again, not for me, but those booking out of Asia, who apparently may not be included in any of the offers for 2013/14.

2 ships par excellence, why these discrepancies? A whole fleet, RCL, Celebrity, why is it not using its buying/legal power to make US-Europe the same, inequality is after all dicrimination and that is illegal? Non of it makes any sense......

Hi Bill,

We have a question for you.

My husband and I are on the Quest British Open Cruise in July and have purchased the Perry Golf Package. It includes a "Standard Drink Package", a previous value of $29.95 per day per person.

Since standard drinks are now included in the cruise price, will Azamara include an up-graded drink package, similar in value to the now redundant standard drink package, in the Perry Golf Package?

Thanks for your help.

Hello 2fromTO -

I have forwarded your question to our sales department so that I can provide you with the details about the drink package that will be offered on the British Open cruise.

I'll provide you with the details as soon as I have them.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

"

Found these so far -My comments in bold italics

"The on-board experience is one to look forward to with this luxury line and 2013 is set to be a fantastic year with recent changes to their all-inclusive package. Guests can now expect; standard spirits, international beers, a special selection of wines from around the world, teas and coffees and soft drinks throughout the cruise; gratuities included for waiters, bartenders and housekeepers; an on-board concierge service allowing help with personal guidance; an English butler service provided in suites, a self-service laundry; and a shuttle bus to and from ports where available."

Note standard spirits, mid range normally those in a classic package, many of those are now in a purchased package just as they always were!

"

Azamara Cruises - You'll love where we take you

Azamara Club Cruises, the difference between visiting a destination and truly experiencing it. See whats included and the true value of an all inclusive Azamara luxury cruise below.

• All Inclusive from Spring 2013 (ask for details)
  • Service charges for housekeeping, dining and bar staff
  • Bottled water, soft drinks, speciality coffees and teas
  • Selected wines, beers and spirits
  • English butler service for suite guests
  • Shuttle service to and from ports, where available

Azamara goes all-inclusive for 2013

Azamara Club Cruises is going all-inclusive for 2013 after feedback from travel agents.

The upmarket cruise line, which is part of Royal Caribbean, will start its all-inclusive offering when Azamara Quest starts its European season on 27 March 2013 and Azamara Journey starts on 15 May 2013.

The cruise firm is developing a new training module on how to sell all-inclusive voyages plus agents will be given clear guidelines in a 'frequently asked questions' format to ensure they are best equipped to handle any booking queries.

The new tools will be available from Friday in order to support agents in advance of the peak 'wave' booking season.

Azamara Club Cruises promotes itself as a destination-immersive cruise line for up-market travellers with European-boutique hotel ambience and sailing to destinations worldwide larger ships cannot reach.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012"

There are loads, mostly official quotes, they often have a rider that says ask for details, but as no details have been available, I am not sure how the training for TAs can have had any purpose!

I am not that bothered but it has all gone a bit loopy with all those different packages that have the standard drinks in them.

With regard to what is included on an all inc 5 star hotel holiday, the 4 star and lower is usually local stuff but the 5 tend to include popular imported brands too;)

I spoke to Sonia yesterday at the Cruise Show and she assured me that ALL cruises from April/May onward will be all inclusive.

This Thread is So Childish! It's a Tit for Tat about what is advertised in what country as to what it is in another! If you want to split hairs, Silver Sea, Regent and Seabourn are saying they are All Inclusive but if you look at what they offer you Still have to pay for certain Xtra things, ie, spa treatments, Wine not on the Free wine list, Internet etc. If you want to say "All Inclusive " so be it! They are including Spirits, wine, beer throughout the ship Gratuities as well! Obviously the Brits have a diffrent meaning of "All Inclusive" than Americans and maybe thats why it is Advertised that way! Does it Really matter? And for those who think that now they are offering Complimentary drinks that the bar will be full of Drunks it Won't! I was on one of the first Regent cruises after they started offering Complimentary drinks,and CC people were saying the same thing about

how it will be nothing but a " Drunk Fest", well guess what? It wasn't! The cruise line said they did not see much difference in volume consumption! Change is Good! Get on Board and enjoy it!

Edited by BuckGood

This Thread is So Childish! It's a Tit for Tat about what is advertised in what country as to what it is in another! If you want to split hairs, Silver Sea, Regent and Seabourn are saying they are All Inclusive but if you look at what they offer you Still have to pay for certain Xtra things, ie, spa treatments, Wine not on the Free wine list, Internet etc. If you want to say "All Inclusive " so be it! They are including Spirits, wine, beer throughout the ship Gratuities as well! Obviously the Brits have a diffrent meaning of "All Inclusive" than Americans and maybe thats why it is Advertised that way! Does it Really matter? And for those who think that now they are offering Complimentary drinks that the bar will be full of Drunks it Won't! I was on one of the first Regent cruises after they started offering Complimentary drinks,and CC people were saying the same thing about

how it will be nothing but a " Drunk Fest", well guess what? It wasn't! The cruise line said they did not see much difference in volume consumption! Change is Good! Get on Board and enjoy it!

Right on !!!

AGREE COMPLETLY

Hello 2fromTO -

I have forwarded your question to our sales department so that I can provide you with the details about the drink package that will be offered on the British Open cruise.

I'll provide you with the details as soon as I have them.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks so much Bill. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hello Azamara Inclusive Beverage Followers -

I've learned that we expect to have the complete 2013 Inclusive Beverage program details added to our website much later today or early tomorrow morning. On the "Plan Your Voyage" tab under the "Already Booked" section, there will be a new tab called the "Inclusive and Value-Priced Beverage Packages."

Here you will find more program details that hopefully will provide you with more confidence about the variety of offerings that will be available. You will find the listing of US Domestic Beers, International Beers, and Non-Alcoholic Beers. Also, the wine package pricing will be included.

Your Comments and Opinions:

In serving as your ombudsman, I've been summarizing for our senior management team your ongoing comments and opinions about the complimentary program and the value-priced beverage packages. I've shared your inferences about the actual program execution and the ability of the staff to manage the accounting process when a group of guests, some on various packages, decide to have a drink together.

Remember, that this program is in its introductory phase and will be subject to fine-tuning as it is rolled out onboard both vessels. Our executive team will be considering your comments along with those from our onboard guests about the program and how it might be improved operationally.

UK - All-Inclusive vs. US -More Inclusive

Frankly, I don't understand why we would have two different positioning statements on each side of the Atlantic. It's obvious that advertising Azamara as “all-inclusive” in the UK has created UK consumer confusion. The first-hand information from "English Tim" is very helpful. I'm investigating with Larry Pimentel and his marketing team the statement, "that the UK TA's were desperate to have a new thing to market and so called it, "All-Inclusive." I'll get back to you with the outcome.

Premium Waters

We state that we provide complimentary water in our promotional material; however, we do not state what brands of (still) water are included since they are sometimes purchased locally or through our purchasing group.

Let's see if the more detailed information that is soon to follow on the website will provide you with a greater degree of confidence about the new program.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

I've learned that we expect to have the complete 2013 Inclusive Beverage program details added to our website much later today or early tomorrow morning. On the "Plan Your Voyage" tab under the "Already Booked" section, there will be a new tab called the "Inclusive and Value-Priced Beverage Packages."

Here you will find more program details that hopefully will provide you with more confidence about the variety of offerings that will be available. You will find the listing of US Domestic Beers, International Beers, and Non-Alcoholic Beers. Also, the wine package pricing will be included.

In serving as your ombudsman, I've been summarizing for our senior management team your ongoing comments and opinions about the complimentary program and the value-priced beverage packages. I've shared your inferences about the actual program execution and the ability of the staff to manage the accounting process when a group of guests, some on various packages, decide to have a drink together.

Remember, that this program is in its introductory phase and will be subject to fine-tuning as it is rolled out onboard both vessels. Our executive team will be considering your comments along with those from our onboard guests about the program and how it might be improved operationally.

Frankly, I don't understand why we would have two different positioning statements on each side of the Atlantic. It's obvious that advertising Azamara as “all-inclusive” in the UK has created UK consumer confusion. The first-hand information from "English Tim" is very helpful. I'm investigating with Larry Pimentel and his marketing team the statement, "that the UK TA's were desperate to have a new thing to market and so called it, "All-Inclusive." I'll get back to you with the outcome.

Premium Waters

We state that we provide complimentary water in our promotional material; however, we do not state what brands of (still) water are included since they are sometimes purchased locally or through our purchasing group.

Let's see if the more detailed information that is soon to follow on the website will provide you with a greater degree of confidence about the new program.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Bill

Thank you for being that unique Azamara voice to CC contributors.

I have watched this debacle unravel over the past 2 weeks or so on a couple of threads. As of this evening I have checked 4 UK online TA's and they are still advertising Azamara as 'all inclusive", one of these TA's is owned by RCI. The same TA was advertising Azamara in the weekend press as 'all inclusive'.

I did book through the RCI owned agency a few weeks back and whilst not despondent, I do feel slightly conned by the 'all inclusive' sales technique used to sell me the cruise. It will also be our first Azamara cruise after many years with Celebrity. I have no doubt from what I have read in reviews and comments I will enjoy the cruise. However I just hope there is some way to make it up to UK cruisers who have booked under a somewhat false and fabricated marketing campaign.

So, we have two who agree with each, who couldn't give a monkeys what others are thinking and posting.

Well done for such love, but you've missed the point.

Sorry you think that way but I think YOU don't get the point! You have been Negative since you started posting and you have Not even sailed on Azamara yet! And you need to Stop comparing Apples to Oranges! I hope you enjoy your cruise ( just waiting for you to Blast me like you did another poster ) You just need to Chill and enjoy the ride! BTW..Did you book a Suite or a regular stateroom?

Cheers!

Edited by BuckGood

There are still 3 cruises with the Journey, where we are under the old drinks packages. Emails to Azamara have had no response so I ask for the 3rd time of

CC cruises who have sailed with Azamara and who have used or investigated their drinks packages............

We are on the Journey in April - prior to the cruises with the inclusive drinks. If I were to purchase a classic drinks package, would that be similar to the list Mr Lieber posted above? Also the classic package says all beer brands, is that only the 3 mentioned above or the 26 brands offered in the beer package?

It also said on Mr Liebers post that we can look on the website to find out what beers are in a beer package, and go to a FAQ section, but I can not seem to find them anywhere. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Answers to my questions will help determine whether we purchase packages or not.:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is a worry that once the new information goes up on the website, there will be no referrence to what is available for the last 3 cruises.

I understand the frustration of those who live over seas who are confused and angry about being told that their cruise is AI and to find it is not but its some sought of a hybrid. I can understand why it would be upsetting and disappointing. You can say Azamara is at fault, you can say the TA's are at fault but in the end it somewhat misleading and needs to be cleared up quickly so everyone is on the same page Azamara needs to correct this.

Spirit package it is what it is for now and I am sure Azamara will be making changes to it as time goes by. I think it needs to be tweaked some but overall there is quite a bit on the list that I like. I do think Azamara should look into popular spirits on the European side as well and add that in to the package especaily for the scotch and the beers. We also have to accept not everyone is going to be pleased no matter what Azamara adds to the list but I do believe it is a work in progress and will be tweaked.

Attacking one another on here is just plain uncool if you do not agree then just agree to disagree but lets keep it professional not personal everyone here should be able to express their opinions openly and honestly. I always thought flaming someone was for the mass market line sites and have seen several instances of it on here and it is disappointing to see it.

This is not directed at anyone it is just an observation. If you think about it we are talking about a cruise line on a cruise site there are much more important things going on in our lives then just this. I love cruising but I am not going to get into a verbal battle with someone on here it accomplishes nothing but ill feelings. Remember there is also the ignore button on here or you can contact Host Andy.

Premium Waters

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thank so much for helping get the info out and working with management to provide feed back. Excuse me, I'm a little old and slow and have missed the answer to this: will we now be able to have a glass of wine or a mixed drink (on the standard/inclusive list at any time of the day during open bar hours, or only at specific times? Or, to do this do we need to purchase one of the added packages?

I understand the frustration of those who live over seas who are confused and angry about being told that their cruise is AI and to find it is not but its some sought of a hybrid. I can understand why it would be upsetting and disappointing. You can say Azamara is at fault, you can say the TA's are at fault but in the end it somewhat misleading and needs to be cleared up quickly so everyone is on the same page Azamara needs to correct this.

Spirit package it is what it is for now and I am sure Azamara will be making changes to it as time goes by. I think it needs to be tweaked some but overall there is quite a bit on the list that I like. I do think Azamara should look into popular spirits on the European side as well and add that in to the package especaily for the scotch and the beers. We also have to accept not everyone is going to be pleased no matter what Azamara adds to the list but I do believe it is a work in progress and will be tweaked.

Attacking one another on here is just plain uncool if you do not agree then just agree to disagree but lets keep it professional not personal everyone here should be able to express their opinions openly and honestly. I always thought flaming someone was for the mass market line sites and have seen several instances of it on here and it is disappointing to see it.

This is not directed at anyone it is just an observation. If you think about it we are talking about a cruise line on a cruise site there are much more important things going on in our lives then just this. I love cruising but I am not going to get into a verbal battle with someone on here it accomplishes nothing but ill feelings. Remember there is also the ignore button on here or you can contact Host Andy.

WOW...Not sure where your post is intended for!

BuckGood, as I haven't yet been on an AZ cruise I haven't had the experience to post anything positive. All my experience, apart from the London cruise show and reading posts on CC has been NEGATIVE, as I have been reading of a massive PR campaign about the new Az, as an 'all inclusive' product, then discovering that this was not the intention, after having committed myself. In the UK once paying an initial deposit, we are tied to the contract.

From what I've heard, we should have a fantastic cruise, but as in my business, I expect that if I advertise a promotion, I must deliver or I'll have unhappy customers before they've even experienced my excellent service and after-sales care.

I hope I've explained my position, but if not please explain how I've missed the point!

Wangeling gal

Bill said it would be on the website, either later today or tomorrow. I understand your frustration, as I'm sure that Bill does, but it's clearly taking Az a lot longer than they anticipated to sort out this mess.

If we accept ( for the nonce at least ) that the premise that the phrase "All Inclusive" is open to misinterpretation. it seems naive and unfair of Azamara to pass the buck for the farago to the UK TAs saying that it's down to their desperation when in fact the Azamara UK site states quite categorically "Our All Inclusive cruises".

Wangeling gal

Bill said it would be on the website, either later today or tomorrow. I understand your frustration, as I'm sure that Bill does, but it's clearly taking Az a lot longer than they anticipated to sort out this mess.

Hello -

I'll follow-up when the information is due to be posted and let you know.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises