New 2013 inclusive beverage program details

Bill Leiber

It was my understanding from reading Mr Liebers post this morning that the details to be posted on the Azamara website was for the forthcoming 'all/more/whatever' Inclusive cruises.

'I've learned that we expect to have the complete 2013 Inclusive Beverage program details added to our website much later today or early tomorrow morning. On the "Plan Your Voyage" tab under the "Already Booked" section, there will be a new tab called the "Inclusive and Value-Priced Beverage Packages." was the opening line to his post.

I am not on these cruises, I am on a pre inclusive cruise, and was simply asking if the drinks list was similar to what you get in a classic package, and if when the words 'This package includes call-brand spirits and cocktails and all beer brands.' does it include the 26 brands of beer that the beer package says it includes. These are packages that have been around for a while. I thought somebody who had sailed on Azamara would be able to give me an idea, because a lot of people seem to know an awful lot about cruising with them. Once/if the details of the existing packages are removed the descision will get a bit harder.

So waiting for that 'Inclusive and Value Prices Beverage Packages', and all their details will not be a help to me because Im not on an all/more/whatever inclusive cruise. Im on a cruise where I need to decide whether it is worth purchasing 2 packages ($838.60) before we cruise, or simply pay per drink.

Edited by wangeling gal

WG, I think you'll find that, as a result of the new policy, your packages may well be a lot cheaper than they were before the changes, as Bill stated that the inclusive package, would effectively subsidize the other packages, of which there appeared to be quite a few.

This whole farago is complete and utter nonsense! Why is everyone so uptight about the drinks or lack of drinks etc? There is more than adequate choice and frankly if we will end up on Azamara with some non stop drinkers trying to maximise every last " free drop" that id not my sort of holiday or people we want to be associated with! Are people not aware of how much they should realistically be drinking anyway or do they want to completely ruin their livers?

Unbelievable! get a grip.

It was my understanding from reading Mr Liebers post this morning that the details to be posted on the Azamara website was for the forthcoming 'all/more/whatever' Inclusive cruises.

'I've learned that we expect to have the complete 2013 Inclusive Beverage program details added to our website much later today or early tomorrow morning. On the "Plan Your Voyage" tab under the "Already Booked" section, there will be a new tab called the "Inclusive and Value-Priced Beverage Packages." was the opening line to his post.

I am not on these cruises, I am on a pre inclusive cruise, and was simply asking if the drinks list was similar to what you get in a classic package, and if when the words 'This package includes call-brand spirits and cocktails and all beer brands.' does it include the 26 brands of beer that the beer package says it includes. These are packages that have been around for a while. I thought somebody who had sailed on Azamara would be able to give me an idea, because a lot of people seem to know an awful lot about cruising with them. Once/if the details of the existing packages are removed the descision will get a bit harder.

So waiting for that 'Inclusive and Value Prices Beverage Packages', and all their details will not be a help to me because Im not on an all/more/whatever inclusive cruise. Im on a cruise where I need to decide whether it is worth purchasing 2 packages ($838.60) before we cruise, or simply pay per drink.

Re-reading Bills post, I believe the existing packages will stay in their current place, so you should still be able to book a beverage package untill the new system starts. He states a new link will be added to the drop down menu.

Yvonne:)

I think that your fears regarding drunken revelries onboard as guests destroy their livers are unfounded, at least I hope so. Having travelled on both Silversea and Seabourn, where drinks are complimentary and liberal, ( including champagne ) I have never seen anyone the worse for wear or even slightly squiffy. This could of course mean that the guests are so inured to alcohol that it no longer affects them but I seriously doubt that is the case. I'm sure that Azamara travellers will not abuse either the hospitality or their livers but time will tell.Personally I do not drink alcohol but I do enjoy alcohol-free beer and sparkling water, both of which are considerably cheaper than hooch so I'm hoping that they get some mention in the forthcoming revised list. My wife is hoping for a champagne or at least a sparkler to be listed but I fear that is a forlorn wish.

I agree that is all a bit silly. Perhaps if you really must have a specific alcoholic brand and it would ruin your cruise if you don't drink it then it would be worth your while to put your hand in your pocket and buy it! (or of course bring it on board)

Anyway I thought I would check out the 'bumph' that my UK travel agent sent. The exact wording is "Even more to love about Azamara Club Cruises: exciting new enhancements to make a luxury azamara voyage even more inclusive" as a headline. Then some bulletpoints including "select spirits and international beers included throughout your voyage*" then "A special selection of wines* from around the world included throughout your voyage" the asterisk note is "A charge will be made when ordered from stateroom/suite, outside bar hours".

So I am happy with that since we also got flights and one night in Athens included.

All sounds like a good deal to me.

This whole farago is complete and utter nonsense! Why is everyone so uptight about the drinks or lack of drinks etc? There is more than adequate choice and frankly if we will end up on Azamara with some non stop drinkers trying to maximise every last " free drop" that id not my sort of holiday or people we want to be associated with! Are people not aware of how much they should realistically be drinking anyway or do they want to completely ruin their livers?

Perhaps you haven't read the thread, but it seems that the issue is not how much can be drunk, but what's included in an all inclusive package.

I don't think that eating and drinking healthily is the first thing that most cruisers consider.

"I've learned that we expect to have the complete 2013 Inclusive Beverage program details added to our website much later today or early tomorrow morning. On the "Plan Your Voyage" tab under the "Already Booked" section, there will be a new tab called the "Inclusive and Value-Priced Beverage Packages."

I hope that this does appear today as we are boarding Quest tomorrow and it would be good to have a definitive list before we leave home.

I also sincerely hope that there will be information available on board to ensure that there is no confusion as to what is and isn't included.

At the end of the day all I am really interested in is a great cruise with good company and hopefully everything else will fall into place.

I am sure that a few of us cruisers will let you know how it goes. :):)

Bernipops

"I've learned that we expect to have the complete 2013 Inclusive Beverage program details added to our website much later today or early tomorrow morning. On the "Plan Your Voyage" tab under the "Already Booked" section, there will be a new tab called the "Inclusive and Value-Priced Beverage Packages."

I hope that this does appear today as we are boarding Quest tomorrow and it would be good to have a definitive list before we leave home.

I also sincerely hope that there will be information available on board to ensure that there is no confusion as to what is and isn't included.

At the end of the day all I am really interested in is a great cruise with good company and hopefully everything else will fall into place.

I am sure that a few of us cruisers will let you know how it goes. :):)

Bernipops

Have a great cruise. :)

Hello Azamara Inclusive Beverage Followers -

UK - All-Inclusive vs. US -More Inclusive

Frankly, I don't understand why we would have two different positioning statements on each side of the Atlantic. It's obvious that advertising Azamara as “all-inclusive” in the UK has created UK consumer confusion. The first-hand information from "English Tim" is very helpful. I'm investigating with Larry Pimentel and his marketing team the statement, "that the UK TA's were desperate to have a new thing to market and so called it, "All-Inclusive." I'll get back to you with the outcome.

Bill Leiber

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does this misunderstanding of "all inclusive" apply only to cruisers who have not previously cruised with Azamara?

I am sure that previous cruisers would not have expected free day tours, free treatment at the fitness centre, free treatment at the hospital etc. and so would have taken the "all inclusive" claim with a pinch of salt.

I must admit that in a previous thread, my comments about the sobriety shown on a number of Az. cruises has been rather dented by the enthusiasm shown, mainly by U.K. contributors, to have their favourite tipple included in the free drinks package.

If "Uncle Jimmy's Home Brew made in the same Kitchen Sink for 100 Years" is excluded from the package; hard luck for me. I will not suffer withdrawal symptoms. After all the cruise will last at the most 12 days. I can live with that.

Hopefully first time Azamaras once they board the ship, will fully appreciate the service provided by senior officers and all the crew so that all of us can enjoy a sober, but no less wonderful time.

Frankly, I don't understand why we would have two different positioning statements on each side of the Atlantic. It's obvious that advertising Azamara as “all-inclusive” in the UK has created UK consumer confusion. The first-hand information from "English Tim" is very helpful. I'm investigating with Larry Pimentel and his marketing team the statement, "that the UK TA's were desperate to have a new thing to market and so called it, "All-Inclusive." I'll get back to you with the outcome.

Bill Leiber

Does this misunderstanding of "all inclusive" apply only to cruisers who have not previously cruised with Azamara?

I am sure that previous cruisers would not have expected free day tours, free treatment at the fitness centre, free treatment at the hospital etc. and so would have taken the "all inclusive" claim with a pinch of salt.

I must admit that in a previous thread, my comments about the sobriety shown on a number of Az. cruises has been rather dented by the enthusiasm shown, mainly by U.K. contributors, to have their favourite tipple included in the free drinks package.

If "Uncle Jimmy's Home Brew made in the same Kitchen Sink for 100 Years" is excluded from the package; hard luck for me. I will not suffer withdrawal symptoms. After all the cruise will last at the most 12 days. I can live with that.

Hopefully first time Azamaras once they board the ship, will fully appreciate the service provided by senior officers and all the crew so that all of us can enjoy a sober, but no less wonderful time.

I really don't think you need worry about those who want their favourite tipple included.

More of a concern surely are those who will drink anything! :eek:

Bill Leiber

Exactly!!

I just want to clarify. If you order something in a bar before dinner, you pay, but at dinner it's complimentary?

I looked at the Discoveries dining room wine list from last summer that is posted here and there are prices per glass next to it, so I'm confused. Or did the policy change recently?

Premium Waters

We state that we provide complimentary water in our promotional material; however, we do not state what brands of (still) water are included since they are sometimes purchased locally or through our purchasing group.

Let's see if the more detailed information that is soon to follow on the website will provide you with a greater degree of confidence about the new program.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

In the past Club Soda/Soda Water (I believe Seagrams) has been the non-premium included carbonated water.

I just want to clarify. If you order something in a bar before dinner, you pay, but at dinner it's complimentary?

I looked at the Discoveries dining room wine list from last summer that is posted here and there are prices per glass next to it, so I'm confused. Or did the policy change recently?

That's a hot potato, so watch this space!

Some drinks are included most of the time and some not.

Sjde, the system is in the process of changing so it depends when you are sailing what is included when

I see your question specifically relates to wine - having sailed with Azamara several time when complimentary wines were being offered, I will give you an answer to your question in case you are sailing on Journey before the changes kick in (Quest changes this week)

Each day, there is one selected white wine and one red wine offered at dinner free of charge. There is also a rose wine, which is the same one throughout the cruise.

Technically, these are offered only in the dining room, however for a pre dinner drink, you will find the staff at the Bar beside Discoveries are able to offer you an included wine at no cost, likewise are the staff at the Sunset Bar which is adjacent to the Deck 9 buffet

I hope this helps you

I think you will find most of the "disappointed" CC posters are not non stop drinkers. All inclusive does not mean non stop drinking. Azamara is supposed to be synonymous with quality which is why many of us booked with this company. Many people who don't drink a lot choose not to buy the drink packages because it would not be good value and for the same reason would not want to buy a whole bottle in duty free and guzzle it in their cabin (how sad is that!) What we thought we would receive is a reasonable QUALITY drink when we choose to have one e.g. single malt whisky, a reasonable after dinner brandy or even a port.

Cruising is obviously not all about drinking and I am sure we will enjoy the whole experience and are happy to imbibe nothing stronger than tea and coffee! However Azamara made the error of offering something they can't deliver so they should not be surprised when people are quite rightly miffed about it.

I think you will find most of the "disappointed" CC posters are not non stop drinkers. All inclusive does not mean non stop drinking. Azamara is supposed to be synonymous with quality which is why many of us booked with this company. Many people who don't drink a lot choose not to buy the drink packages because it would not be good value and for the same reason would not want to buy a whole bottle in duty free and guzzle it in their cabin (how sad is that!) What we thought we would receive is a reasonable QUALITY drink when we choose to have one e.g. single malt whisky, a reasonable after dinner brandy or even a port.

Cruising is obviously not all about drinking and I am sure we will enjoy the whole experience and are happy to imbibe nothing stronger than tea and coffee! However Azamara made the error of offering something they can't deliver so they should not be surprised when people are quite rightly miffed about it.

Hear Hear! I found 'the get a grip' along with the insinuation offensive! I don't even want a single malt I would just settle for a blended (that costs the same as the other stuff) but does not rot your insides. On previous cruises we have odered in cabin bar,twice, and ended up taking it with us post cruise. I just imagine sitting on deck watching a sunset and clinking my one ice cube with my drinkable blended scotch, around in my glass, chatting to new friends and being totally relaxed. Not thinking 'did I bring the antacid, this cocktail has offessive indigestion causing products in it!'

Yes I probably would buy a whisky, but I like mid range blended and they have non, anywhere, for love nor money. Grouse, Bells, etc, Jamesons (Irish I know but nice with ice)

So stop having a pop at those who just want to drink moderately but enjoy the process:(

Like :)

Hear Hear! I found 'the get a grip' along with the insinuation offensive! I don't even want a single malt I would just settle for a blended (that costs the same as the other stuff) but does not rot your insides. On previous cruises we have odered in cabin bar,twice, and ended up taking it with us post cruise. I just imagine sitting on deck watching a sunset and clinking my one ice cube with my drinkable blended scotch, around in my glass, chatting to new friends and being totally relaxed. Not thinking 'did I bring the antacid, this cocktail has offessive indigestion causing products in it!'

Yes I probably would buy a whisky, but I like mid range blended and they have non, anywhere, for love nor money. Grouse, Bells, etc, Jamesons (Irish I know but nice with ice)

So stop having a pop at those who just want to drink moderately but enjoy the process:([/quote)

Edited by BuckGood

Hi English Tim,

As you say it appears that two wine choices of each colour will be available daily.

However, on past cruises when wine was only available with lunch and dinner they were more than happy to provide you with the wine of your choice as long as it was on the rotation list.

We particularly liked a Cabernet Sauvignon and had it every day.

Tim and Yvonne, I know you are yet to sail on Azamara and may feel rather dismayed at how regular cruisers have been displeased with the Home Office lately.

While I think the marketing operation is shambolic, I hope once you get aboard you will agree with the majority of us that the crew is the friendliest, kindest and most customer focused team of any cruise line.

And they are Spursgirl! Why so many are getting into a Tizzy over this is Way Beyond Me! Because your "brand" is not included or your "type " of drink is not there is just being Childish!

So stop having a pop at those who just want to drink moderately but enjoy the process:([/quote)

You Do know you can bring your Own bottle on right?

You obviously have not been following this forum very carefully.

It has been stated numerous times on this forum that in the UK Azamara cruises were marketed and sold under false pretentious. They were sold as 'all inclusive' and they are not 'all inclusive' as per industry standard (Regent etc etc).

Now if the shoe was on the other foot, and this promotion had happened in the US, the US cruisers would be taking the fraud to their lawyers! We just moan.

I hardly Think that! And their is Not an All Inclusive Cruise line but alot do promote themselfs as one. All Inclusive means Everything is included! Regent, Silver Sea, And Seabourn all claim they are "All Inclusive" but look at their website, they Charge for Alot of Extra services!

Could Azamara handled this better? Absolutly! But it is what it is!

I am going to enjoy my Azamara Quest cruise next month and enjoy all the New Included Benefits that come with it! We have booked a Suite, so in a sense our cruise will be Almost All Inclusive and that works for us!

Edited by BuckGood