New 2013 inclusive beverage program details

Bill Leiber

Quote:- There is a house vodka, house whiskey, house rum, house gin, etc

I understand why someone would refer to the basic available drink as being the "house" drink.

In fairness to Azamara all of their drinks are well-known branded drinks. For example, the "house" gin is either Beefeater or Gordons.

On some holidays the basic drink is a "local" spirit, but Azamara is giving us real brand names, even on the included shelf.

Quote:- There is a house vodka, house whiskey, house rum, house gin, etc

I understand why someone would refer to the basic available drink as being the "house" drink.

In fairness to Azamara all of their drinks are well-known branded drinks. For example, the "house" gin is either Beefeater or Gordons.

On some holidays the basic drink is a "local" spirit, but Azamara is giving us real brand names, even on the included shelf.

Indeed this has been a point that has been overlooked. Many all inclusive holidays ex UK include drinks that are unpleasant and with no option to buy better. The brands offered are not in any way "unpleasant" though officianados may not like them. I expect DH will upgrade his whisky experience but as that is going to cost him $5 or $10 a night max, this is hardly disaster time!

I love drinking a 'Mudslide', but bartenders couldn't give me a price and told me it wasn't included in any package, so I didn't drink any (and I still put on 14lbs!:()

If I'm correct a mudslide is made with vodka, coffee liqueur and Irish cream liqueur. The latter two are not included, so there would be a charge for this drink.

Floris

If I'm correct a mudslide is made with vodka, coffee liqueur and Irish cream liqueur. The latter two are not included, so there would be a charge for this drink.

Floris

Correct, but I was told it was outside any package.

I've not travelled on Azamara yet so I'm not really in a position to answer but I would be surprised if any decent bartender didn't know the ingredients. As for the price, if the individual components are available, again it shouldn't be too difficult.

Everyone keeps telling me about the wonderful Azamara service, I would have thought they could have managed to make your favourite drink.

Hello Adurr1 and Other Readers -

I've learned from hotel operation's management, that there are no future plans to add sparkling wine to the Inclusive list.

Please remember that sparkling wine will continue to be served on a complimentary basis for such onboard events such as the Le Club Voyage parties; at embarkation; large tour welcome backs and other events at the discretion of our onboard management team.

The Wine Packages which we offer include all bottles of wine valued at $50 or less. There are more than 60 wines from which to choose, including 1 sparkling wine, 30 white wines, 3 rosé wines, 26 red wines, and 4 dessert wines. Below is a link to our website:

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan-your-voyage/onboard-packages/wine-packages

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

All I can say is that this is a very poor, short sighted, and ill informed decision. I would like to know the reasoning, because it can't be economic. Does management and Larry have the

*#%^<'s to share and defend their decision? Bet I don't get an answer!

I've learned from hotel operation's management, that there are no future plans to add sparkling wine to the Inclusive list.

Well, disappointing but not a huge deal as far as I am concerned. And at least it's good to see that management is responding, although clearly we have to hope that the answer is not always "No.":(

A bigger gap in the list is something that will suffice for a dessert wine, port, cream sherry, a muscat. Bill, any movement in that area?

Hi Bill,

Still waiting for a reply to questions to you posted on other threads regarding the inclusive drinks menu on the back page of the bar menu?

A). Why is the spirits list on board shorter than website list (9 against 22)?

B). Why is there no description of included cocktails?

After mentioning this on mid cruise comments card I was told.

That including the above would make the menu too long and that not describing the cocktails was meant to increase interaction between the bar staff and clients?

Hi Bill,

After mentioning this on mid cruise comments card I was told.

That including the above would make the menu too long and that not describing the cocktails was meant to increase interaction between the bar staff and clients?

:D:D:D:D:D:D

The cynic in me thinks that Azamara originally intended to include more drinks, but having made the decision to become AI and increase the fares, the cruises weren't selling as well as expected. Therefore the decision was taken to revert to a sales pitch for packages and to hide the included drinks away.

I must say I got a bit fed up with asking the staff what was in the cocktails and simply ordered the ones, which I knew that I liked.

I might add, that the drinks issue hasn't affected my future cruise plans and still intend to return to Az if the price is right, but feel that the wool is being pulled over our eyes a bit. I can adapt to most situations, especially when on vacation.

What is a real shame is that all the wonderful work done by the crew is undermined by those ashore.

It will be interesting to read the 2014 marketing stuff.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I might add, that the drinks issue hasn't affected my future cruise plans and still intend to return to Az if the price is right, but feel that the wool is being pulled over our eyes a bit. I can adapt to most situations, especially when on vacation.

What is a real shame is that all the wonderful work done by the crew is undermined by those ashore.

This expresses precisely how many of us feel.

The presence or absence of included sparkling wine, or the dreadful selection of "international beers," is not going to be a deal-breaker for most of us, but the soliciting of customer feedback only to ignore it utterly really does make one scratch one's head in bafflement and wonder about the judgment of those apparently making these decisions, and just leaves a sour taste. When the reality falls well short of expectations set by the announcement, it is simply bad management.

This expresses precisely how many of us feel.

The presence or absence of included sparkling wine, or the dreadful selection of "international beers," is not going to be a deal-breaker for most of us, but the soliciting of customer feedback only to ignore it utterly really does make one scratch one's head in bafflement and wonder about the judgment of those apparently making these decisions, and just leaves a sour taste. When the reality falls well short of expectations set by the announcement, it is simply bad management.

Remember that much of the stewing about what's included and what isn't inhabits this board and not the ship. Most of the people on their Azamara cruise won't even know about Cruise Critic and I believe it was Tim who mentioned in his live from thread that the majority of the guests he talked to were quite happy with their inclusive choice. Azamara have got the message about drinks. This thread is their evidence. Time to let the dust settle on this new introduction, move on and see what happens. If there is one thing I have learned about Azamara it is that they do listen to their customers.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

we were seduc

Yep this appeared all over every advertising mag online as posted earlier, by myself, about 3 days ago on the management thread.

"

Found these so far -My comments in bold italics

"The on-board experience is one to look forward to with this luxury line and 2013 is set to be a fantastic year with recent changes to their all-inclusive package. Guests can now expect; standard spirits, international beers, a special selection of wines from around the world, teas and coffees and soft drinks throughout the cruise; gratuities included for waiters, bartenders and housekeepers; an on-board concierge service allowing help with personal guidance; an English butler service provided in suites, a self-service laundry; and a shuttle bus to and from ports where available."

Note standard spirits, mid range normally those in a classic package, many of those are now in a purchased package just as they always were!

"

Azamara Cruises - You'll love where we take you

Azamara Club Cruises, the difference between visiting a destination and truly experiencing it. See whats included and the true value of an all inclusive Azamara luxury cruise below.

• All Inclusive from Spring 2013 (ask for details)
  • Service charges for housekeeping, dining and bar staff
  • Bottled water, soft drinks, speciality coffees and teas
  • Selected wines, beers and spirits
  • English butler service for suite guests
  • Shuttle service to and from ports, where available

Azamara goes all-inclusive for 2013

Azamara Club Cruises is going all-inclusive for 2013 after feedback from travel agents.

The upmarket cruise line, which is part of Royal Caribbean, will start its all-inclusive offering when Azamara Quest starts its European season on 27 March 2013 and Azamara Journey starts on 15 May 2013.

The cruise firm is developing a new training module on how to sell all-inclusive voyages plus agents will be given clear guidelines in a 'frequently asked questions' format to ensure they are best equipped to handle any booking queries.

The new tools will be available from Friday in order to support agents in advance of the peak 'wave' booking season.

Sonia Limbrick, business development manager, Azamara Club Cruises, said: "With the addition of select spirits, wines, beers, and a special evening event, the Azamara Club Cruises experience has received phenomenal feedback.

"In fact, agents in the UK wanted to be able to sell Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest's itineraries as an all-inclusive experience and challenged us to deliver the tools to help them do this."

Azamara Club Cruises promotes itself as a destination-immersive cruise line for up-market travellers with European-boutique hotel ambience and sailing to destinations worldwide larger ships cannot reach.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012"

There are loads, mostly official quotes, they often have a rider that says ask for details, but as no details have been available, I am not sure how the training for TAs can have had any purpose!

I am not that bothered but it has all gone a bit loopy with all those different packages that have the standard drinks in them.

With regard to what is included on an all inc 5 star hotel holiday, the 4 star and lower is usually local stuff but the 5 tend to include popular imported brands too;)

Yvonne:)"

I am not affected by this promotion as I booked without it, ages ago, but I do feel for those who did!

Apologies that my original post flew before I thought it was released.

Our Azamara cruise is part of a 'bucket list' trip; the package includes an overnight at the London Goring, Orient Express to Venice, overnighter at 5 star hotel prior to boarding the Quest, 5 star hotel in Nice etc etc.

The small print from our TA states that

'Complimentary drinks onboard will exclude some finest and vintage brands'

Apologies that my original post flew before I thought it was released.

Our Azamara cruise is part of a 'bucket list' trip; the package includes an overnight at the London Goring, Orient Express to Venice, overnighter at 5 star hotel prior to boarding the Quest, 5 star hotel in Nice etc etc.

The small print from our TA states that

'Complimentary drinks onboard will exclude some finest and vintage brands'

The Orient Express to Venice is part of an Azamara package, or package from your agent?

We booked our trip in response to a full-page advert in the 'Travel' section of the 'Sunday Times' last September/October as it seemed perfect for us..... and we are very much looking forward to it!

The TA no longer has this package on their website but still has '5* Adriatic Voyage with Orient Express' departing on Sept 20 which they include 'All drinks and gratuities aboard Azamara Quest'.

Our only cruise (so far) has been with Regent. As the wording on the TA's website is similar, we naturally thought 'all drinks' were included apart from the small print details 'complimentary drinks onboard will exclude some finest and vintage brands'.

I don't expect Roederer Crystal, but I would have expected 'all drinks' to include at least the bottom of the range fizz on Quest's drink's menu

We booked our trip in response to a full-page advert in the 'Travel' section of the 'Sunday Times' last September/October as it seemed perfect for us..... and we are very much looking forward to it!

The TA no longer has this package on their website but still has '5* Adriatic Voyage with Orient Express' departing on Sept 20 which they include 'All drinks and gratuities aboard Azamara Quest'.

Our only cruise (so far) has been with Regent. As the wording on the TA's website is similar, we naturally thought 'all drinks' were included apart from the small print details 'complimentary drinks onboard will exclude some finest and vintage brands'.

I don't expect Roederer Crystal, but I would have expected 'all drinks' to include at least the bottom of the range fizz on Quest's drink's menu

I suspect many people will be and have been disappointed by the drinks debacle, but we may never know just how many.

I'd really like an official watchdog or media source to investigate this, so we can find out exactly what was said and who said it, rather than speculating.

I suspect many people will be and have been disappointed by the drinks debacle, but we may never know just how many.

I'd really like an official watchdog or media source to investigate this, so we can find out exactly what was said and who said it, rather than speculating.

Tim, isn't it about time you let go of this topic? You had a great cruise with Azamara, do you still need to harp on about the All Inclusive/More inclusive advertising in the UK? Let it go please.

Steve