New 2013 inclusive beverage program details

Bill Leiber

Just a bit of perspective. Personally I think the daily wine selection is very good. Never had a problem. If you have read this board for a while you will see that most posts about the subject are very complimentary about the free wine. It's good quality stuff and very drinkable. The servers are also very generous at pouring it. My travelling companion is a great wine drinker and she has never had an issue. If you really aren't happy with an offering for a particular day have a friendly and polite word with the server and see if there is anything he or she can do. In my mind you are making WAY more of it than is deserved.

Phil

I totally agree, we have never had a problem getting a alternative to the wine of the day

I think this is all getting rather silly and, dare I say it, somewhat snobbish.

Whilst I have yet to experience the new system, I have sailed with Azamara a number of times. I have never had a problem getting one of the wines on the included list, whatever the wine of the day might be. That includes the first day of a cruise. If you don't want Cabernet, Chardonnay or, in my case, American wines (I find them overblown) then just ASK. I have never been refused and, in some cases staff have gone to a great deal of trouble to track down a chilled bottle of the white I requested. I would point out that I have always done this discretely and politely and never demanding. It works wonders.

Agree completely MrMojoRisin,

Being accommodating is Azamara's watchword.

A smile and polite request works wonders.

A Summary

• Azamara's shoreside operation did a woeful job by not giving timely information about their new beverage policy.
  • Bill Leiber is a great asset to Azamara and Cruise Critic.
  • "All inclusive" means different things to different people.
  • Repeat Azamara cruisers know, and Newbies will find out, that Azamara gives a wonderful onboard experience you will not find elsewhere. On board there never seem to be problems, only solutions.

After 13,267 hits and 304 posts, isn't it time to lay this to rest and move on?

With a Bombay Sapphire, Schweppes Tonic, 1/2 slice of lemon and two ice-cubes in hand (in a glass of course !) :) , we wish you all a Happy Easter and wonderful cruises.

B&T

Edited by bandt

A Summary

• Azamara's shoreside operation did a woeful job by not giving timely information about their new beverage policy.
  • Repeat Azamara cruisers know, and Newbies will find out, that Azamara gives a wonderful onboard experience you will not find elsewhere. On board there never seem to be problems, only solutions.

With a Bombay Sapphire, Schweppes Tonic, 1/2 slice of lemon and two ice-cubes in hand (in a glass of course !) :) , we wish you all a Happy Easter and wonderful cruises.

B&T

I like the way you think ;)

I quite agree that this thread has gone as far as it can go. The proof is in the pudding and we need to give it a chance and evaluate the system in practice. Let's give it a fair hearing and sip and see....in every sense of the word.

I quite agree that this thread has gone as far as it can go. The proof is in the pudding and we need to give it a chance and evaluate the system in practice. Let's give it a fair hearing and sip and see....in every sense of the word.

I don't think there was any real concern that the implimentation onboard would reflect the needs of the customer, maybe with a few teething problems.

Much like previously the system adapted from a few glasses of wine with meals to the daily wines being freely available from 12:00-2:00 & 6:00pm onwards, also alternatives to the specified daily wines being available on request, along with reasonable priced other options.

The bottom line is the level of extra value it gives each individual that would convince them to pay more for their cruises(along with the other improvments like the Azamazing evenings).

I don't think there was any real concern that the implimentation onboard would reflect the needs of the customer, maybe with a few teething problems.

Much like previously the system adapted from a few glasses of wine with meals to the daily wines being freely available from 12:00-2:00 & 6:00pm onwards, also alternatives to the specified daily wines being available on request, along with reasonable priced other options.

The bottom line is the level of extra value it gives each individual that would convince them to pay more for their cruises(along with the other improvments like the Azamazing evenings).

You're absolutely correct. The problem is that if you aren't much of a drinker, and don't really care much about a mass-market excursion, that it doesn't add a lot of value. And that isn't a whine, it's just a simple point of view from any number of people, not just me.

Ws

You're absolutely correct. The problem is that if you aren't much of a drinker, and don't really care much about a mass-market excursion, that it doesn't add a lot of value. And that isn't a whine, it's just a simple point of view from any number of people, not just me.

Ws

I agree!

I am sure there is no connection with the implementation of the new drinks packages but Tony Markey our CD has just commented on his morning TV show that this cruise is breaking all records for late night partying!!!:D:D:D

I am sure there is no connection with the implementation of the new drinks packages but Tony Markey our CD has just commented on his morning TV show that this cruise is breaking all records for late night partying!!!:D:D:D

:):)

Very possibly! I remember first looking at Azamara and there was some comments about how the ship sort of died at about 9.00 with empty bars. The feeling was that most (who drank) stretched mealtimes and enjoyed the wine, then headed back to their cabins for evening refreshments. I think, I read, a comment from Larry P about improving the social interaction on the ships by encouraging social drinking and mingling in the bars, so the select inclusive is hopefully working ;)

A Summary

B&T

I Agree!! With both! That is Our Favorite Drink!! Move On Already!!

Hi Bill,

We have a question for you.

My husband and I are on the Quest British Open Cruise in July and have purchased the Perry Golf Package. It includes a "Standard Drink Package", a previous value of $29.95 per day per person.

Since standard drinks are now included in the cruise price, will Azamara include an up-graded drink package, similar in value to the now redundant standard drink package, in the Perry Golf Package?

Thanks for your help.

Hello 2fromTO -

I thank you for your patience in waiting for a reply to your question about the liquor package that will be included with the Perry Golf Package in conjunction with the forthcoming Quest British Open Cruise.

I've checked with our marketing department and there definitely will be an upgraded drink program, but the specific package has not yet been selected.

Once decided, I will communicate that information to you on this thread.

In the meantime, wishing you best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello 2fromTO -

I thank you for your patience in waiting for a reply to your question about the liquor package that will be included with the Perry Golf Package in conjunction with the forthcoming Quest British Open Cruise.

I've checked with our marketing department and there definitely will be an upgraded drink program, but the specific package has not yet been selected.

Once decided, I will communicate that information to you on this thread.

In the meantime, wishing you best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

That is good news. Thanks so much Bill.

Well all I can say is that the inclusive drinks has gone down well with me! It also seems that the Looking Glass is busier than I have often seen it in the past, even the karaoke went on past midnight last night, which may or may not be considered a good thing I suppose! :eek:

The rose is a nice French one. If I did not like the wine I asked for a previous day's choice and this was not a problem for them to serve, even in Prime C, where the Filet Mignon was superb!

Weather patchy, rubbish in Nice as I type! Seems to be 1 good day followed by 1 poor day!

Well all I can say is that the inclusive drinks has gone down well with me! It also seems that the Looking Glass is busier than I have often seen it in the past, even the karaoke went on past midnight last night, which may or may not be considered a good thing I suppose! :eek:

The rose is a nice French one. If I did not like the wine I asked for a previous day's choice and this was not a problem for them to serve, even in Prime C, where the Filet Mignon was superb!

Weather patchy, rubbish in Nice as I type! Seems to be 1 good day followed by 1 poor day!

All sounding good to me ;) Not sure about the karaoke as far as getting involved, but sure it can create a great party atmosphere:)

Sounds like a fun trip, such a shame the weather gods did not find the right script though

Yep, Barcelona, Marseilles and St Tropez have been marvellous weather. Cannes and Sete were overcast and Nice as I currently look out my stateroom window is tipping it down! Real shame for those making their first visit here; Cote d'not-so-Azure!

I knew I should have purchased the all inclusive Premium Sunshine package! :rolleyes:

I knew I should have purchased the all inclusive Premium Sunshine package! :rolleyes:

The Premium package is not as limited as standard which only gives basic sunshine, but in order to ensure you get good quality sunshine at the times you want you have to buy the Ultimate Sunshine package.

Phil