What I Learned by Calling Carnival

DISNEY1975

Hey that is a nice up grade, Rockypoint!

I just booked today and my TA told me that her coworker was on hold for 4 hours!!! That is just crazy!!! There is a great sale going on and when a TA can't get bookings done, there is a problem. It is just wrong that so many people have to wait so long to get issues settled...well, I hope you all got them settled.

I remembered that one because I'm no vegetarian so apparently I'm a robot. When I look at pictures of those burgers all that grease makes me nauseous :D

:D Yes! A robot!!! Looks like you are ready to take a "Fun Quiz" !! :D

I called Carnival tonight and learned a few things. Thought would share this important info with all of you...

The mascot of the Blue Iguana Cantina is not a yellow parrot.

24 Hour room service can be ordered at any time.

Doing the limbo backwards while sailing forward makes you go nowhere and somewhere at the same time.

A unicorn can not be found in your stateroom.

There are 479ish ways to splash someone.

You do not need a bathing suit with pockets on a Carnival cruise.

You can no hum while holding your nose.

You can not fins a straight face at Punchliners (and do not eat because bad things happen when youre eating and laughing)

BDFF = Best Dolphin Friend Forever

VIFP does not = Very Intellegent Funky Parrot

If thinking of Guys Burgers does not make you hungry, you must be a vegetarian.

Philosotherapy is fun to do and say (but not spell--I just added that one myself)

Playing blackjack is as easy as counting to 21.

The Dutch and French share the small space in the world. Thats makes them the Drench or the Futch.

Stress reduction leads to better tan lines.

And last, but not least. Fun is for both children and parents, as long as parents pay something to the Camps.

:D

Not one betcha in there? <disappointed>=

This is TOO funny!! I have to call Carnival very often for clients and this recording is NOT something I look forward to.... aaarrgggg!

OP, did you finally get through?

Yes, I did. 3 hours 5 minutes. I cant even complain. I kept myself busy online. I guess my Black Friday shopping trips has me trained to wait and get a bargain! I totally understand they are swamped rebooking/refunding/repricing thousands and thousands of cruise passengers and I think they are handling everything very well. The Rep. I spoke to was very nice, helpful, professional etc.... I think they are doing a great job....so far! Cant wait for my cruise. Hope its not a case of you get what you pay for because I got a steal!:)

This thread made me very happy to have a TA who did the on-hold for me. (and thereby fully earned her commission!) We got a total price drop of $900+ just by sending an email.

Finally, a good reason to use a travel agent instead of booking direct! :D

I don't know it I could tolerate a 3 hour wait! My luck, I'd have to pee and that's when I'd be picked up!

Add me to the list! Someone already said this, but as I read OP's post, I heard her voice in my head! 2 hours 34 min from the time I called to finally hung up. I thought maybe calling late would help. Nope. I was almost asleep with the phone by my head when I heard the rep. She was actually VERY nice and got my upgrade done quickly and even helped me with two other small questions. If only they had MORE like her. These hold times are seriously ridiculous. DH asked me what kind of company does business like this. He's the one who wanted me to call about the upgrade though, so he wasn't too upset. :D

p.s. Yes I tried humming and no I couldn't!

Too funny! I heard the same things 3 times this week.
I didn't know about not being able to hum if you plug your nose until the perky Carnival girl told me. I tried it and she was right, lol.

[quote name='Sandpiper10']best thread ever award.
I learned this all as well on Monday as I called to book a cruise. 1st rep didn't have a clue how to find the room I wanted, so I hung up and called back, got another clueless rep (seriously, Riveria is a deck) but not sure either rep knew this. I hung up again.
Needless to say, Disney Cruise Line had no problem helping me book a cruise on Tuesday.

After 5 cruises with Carnival and all the red flags going up, its time to try a new line.[/QUOTE]

DCL ships are fantastic, but they are too expensive for us anymore and there are way too many bratty kids running around. I agree about Carnival, but we are trying RCCL next.

I always do the 'holding' here, so I too was hearing the music, horn, and 'Perky Patty's' voice, while reading this.

Decided to share all of those fun facts with DH. And yep - neither one of us can hum while holding our nose - he's tried a few times, apparently he thinks if he practices he'll get it in the end:confused:.

OP - glad it all worked out for you - what a great attitude you have.

I guess we are lucky, the only time we have been put on hold was when our PVP was calling who ever is in charge of refunds to asp our refund so we could book on another cruise 3 weeks earlier than the one we were cancelled on and then it was only about 3 minutes. The next day everything was set and boarding passes printed out and good to go.

Archived