Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

2Fltravelers, did the sun's angle allow it to hit the glass and warm the cabin? Or was the balcony overhang deep enough to shade the glass? If the glass was warmed, was the A/C strong enough to keep the cabin cool? I'm on the Quest TA this November, port side with a balcony, and like to enjoy the view, especially during breakfast. However, I do not want the sun in my eyes or the cabin to get overly warm. (Starboard side was not available.)

Because of the depth of the balcony (approx. 10+ feet deep), there was no sun hitting the glass due to the overhang. Since the balconies on the Azamara ships due not have that depth (I was on the Celebrity Equinox) since there are no hump cabins, I would expect that there would be sun hitting the glass. The A/C issue would only be in play as you got closer to the southern U.S.where the weather is warmer that time of year and the sun is stronger. Also, being on the port side means the afternoon sun will be hitting your balcony which may make it warmer than being on starboard. Hope this helps.

I know this is an obstructed view cabin - but cannot see mention of this particular one anywhere.

I have read that these cabins are smaller than others on board (didnt think to check this out as booked on impulse).

I am sure we will have a lovely cruise but am worried about the cabin now after reading some negatives about these type of cabins.

Any views ?

Hi was really excited about cruise just waiting for cabin number it came ,we are going b2b they have put us in 8018 then we have to change to deck six obstructed view for second part of cruise ,I really don't fancy packing and moving really pit a damper on cruise ,been on quest before no problems loved it .I keep reading about people getting upgraded but not from uk , what's that about hate moaning sorry .

My choice was a 'Guarantee Oceanview' or for the same price a named obstructed view cabin. I was told by the TA that there was a possibility of an upgrade if I booked the named cabin. I now see the cruise is full, so I will have to be happy with our choice On reflection I think the TA was pushing for a booking and to be fair, we are paying a good price, so I am not unhappy.

Regarding changing cabins, you are moving from an interior to an outside, albeit obstructed view cabin, which would be considered an upgrade.

There is another thread about luggage moves on a B2B, but there does not seem to be a definitive answer. Have you tried asking the Azamara team on the telephone ?

:)

My choice was a 'Guarantee Oceanview' or for the same price a named obstructed view cabin. I was told by the TA that there was a possibility of an upgrade if I booked the named cabin. I now see the cruise is full, so I will have to be happy with our choice On reflection

I think the TA was pushing for a booking and to be fair, we are paying a good price, so I am not unhappy.

Regarding changing cabins, you are moving from an interior to an outside, albeit obstructed view cabin, which would be considered an upgrade.

There is another thread about luggage moves on a B2B, but there does not seem to be a definitive answer. Have you tried asking the Azamara team on the telephone ?

I am just going to forget about it an enjoy we loved quest the last time . Someone will move clothes not going to think about , looking forward to it not long .will be nice to put face to everyone .

In the spirit of moving forward, I would like to offer to help with some information on this board and maybe if it works, Andy would be happy to make a sticky out of the thread

On the Celebrity board, there is a very useful spreadsheet kept up to date by one of the cruisers where others can search for information on a cabin. Here on Azamara, we have to try and search and trawl for information and I am offering to create and maintain with say forthnightly updates a similar spreadsheet.

For it to work, everyone has to post information in a consistent way and also only use the thread to post information, not to engage in debate (pop over to the Celebrity board if you want to see more on how it works)

For Azamara, I would suggest the information should be

Cabin Number

Ship

Month/Year sailed

Would you choose this room again Y/N

Is noise an issue Y/N

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller

Any other comments (keeping these succinct so the spreadsheet does not grow too much)

How do others feel about this - if you think we do not need it here, please say, I will not be offended!!!!

I am sorry to be so thick but I can't seem to find the spreadsheet- I have found the Celebrity one but not the Azamara - any helpful hints?

Stayed in 7107, on Quest, in March 2012. On Journey, stayed in a suite - 8056 - in March 2013 and balcony - 7110 - in April 2013. All three were good and we'd happily stay again. Standard, unobstructed views from balcony and no noise issues.

Unfortunately unlike on the Celebrity board it is not a sticky, if you scroll back up, you will find the latest version attached to one of my most recent update posts

You are doing a fantastic job all your work it is appreciated.

I have always admired the Aida site for the cabin tips you can add your own ideas and see at a glance how people have rated the cabins by colours.thought I would show what I mean below

http://www.aida-fanpage.de/reiseinfos/kabinentipps/

Hope it works properly.

Keep up the good work

Rosalyn

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Oddjob, funny I was just working on this small update when you posted!

I actually used this spreadsheet myself at the weekend whilst sitting at the Scottish Cruise Show trying to make a booking so thanks to those who shared the info that helped us choose our particular locations for 2015.

I echo what Oddjob says - its great how so many people are adding their own thoughts in. We now have well over 100 entries on cabins and suites thanks to all the posters on this board.

A plea for one type of poster to respond more - if you cruise a lot with Azamara and based on all your experience over all your trips you now have favourite or less favourite locations, it would be really good to hear you- this is not to say the views of the less frequent cruisers are no longer needed, it is the reverse, the frequent cruisers seem to share the least, maybe of course because they never need to open this thread so do not know we are after the info to help others

Azamara cabin spreadsheet 081013.pdf

You are doing a fantastic job all your work it is appreciated.

I have always admired the Aida site for the cabin tips you can add your own ideas and see at a glance how people have rated the cabins by colours.thought I would show what I mean below

http://www.aida-fanpage.de/reiseinfos/kabinentipps/

Hope it works properly.

Keep up the good work

Rosalyn

Thanks for the link -- but where can I read it in English ??

Cabin Number 7020

Ship Quest

Month/Year sailed March 2013

Would you choose this room again Yes

Is noise an issue No

Balcony size Normal

Any other comments Convenient for stairs

Edited by Wacktle

Thanks for the link -- but where can I read it in English ??

Sorry if this was not clear enought, this is a site for the Aida ships which belong to a german spoken cruise line. I only posted it because I thought it made all the cabin tips clearly show where each cabin is and how they are rated by different people.

This has nothing to do with the Azamara ships I was just wondering if it might be possible to implement something like this for all the Azamara cabin tips.

Rosalyn