Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

Cabin Number 6031

Ship Quest

Month/Year sailed Sept. 2013

Would you choose this room again Y/N Yes

Is noise an issue Y/N No

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller Normal

Any other comments Convenient location, near forward stairs and elevators.

cabin 8058 (club continent suite)

Journey

October 2013

would book it again

no noise issues

normal balcony

I like the suites more than the standard rooms because the bathroom is a lot more spacious. I would probably have booked farther forward, nearer to misdship so that both forward and aft elevators would be nearby. I did not like the power points (plugs) which were under the desk and you had to crawl under in order to plug something in. There was also a small US plug on the hair dryer in the bathroom.

Firstly thank you to everyone who has said such nice things about the spreadsheets and how useful you find it, very very kind. I have no idea the process of getting this to be a sticky, it is a hosts' decision I assume.

To the updated spreadsheet.

A caveat now, we are seeing elsewhere in threads debates about the piano position and music so some of the earlier information re noise travelling upwards and downwards might be dated now. It would be great if recent cruisers who have been above/below the repositioned piano might give us their comments about their room and the noise on this thread. Likewise it could be that a room that spoke about sound travelling might now be quiet.

I may manage one more update before I get to go back to Journey (at last, this cruise has been a time in coming), then it will be the end of November before the following update will be ready.

And one way we can keep bumping the thread up is to keep posting about our on board room experiences!

Azamara cabin spreadsheet 221013.pdf

Stayed in 7107, on Quest, in March 2012. On Journey, stayed in a suite - 8056 - in March 2013 and balcony - 7110 - in April 2013. All three were good and we'd happily stay again. Standard, unobstructed views from balcony and no noise issues.

We have 7110 and 7108 on Journey next October. Glad to hear that you would book 7110 again. Do you recall what was across from the cabin-any crew closet or service elevator?:confused: Thanks.

Cabin 8057 (Club Continent Suite)

October 8 Vatican to Holy Land sailing

Azamara Journey

Would definitely book this cabin again

There is a bit of sound from the deck above when they move things around. But it was not bothersome at all. There was absolutely no noise from the corridors, elevators, or neighboring cabins.

I loved the fact that this cabin was right next to the aft elevators and stairs. Out the door and ready to go up or down.

Loved the space available in the suite - both storage and move-around space. I used one of the closets for all my stuff and never needed to use any of the drawers. Wife used the other closet and some of the drawers, but we still had some left over, unused.

The bathroom was wonderful. The balcony was excellent and we used it a lot.

Edited by wrkdbfguy

We have 7110 and 7108 on Journey next October. Glad to hear that you would book 7110 again. Do you recall what was across from the cabin-any crew closet or service elevator?:confused: Thanks.

As far as I recall, a blank wall.

Cabin Number: 4029

Ship: Quest

Date: October 2013

Would you choose again? Yes

Is noise an issue? No

Balcony size: N/A (Ocean view)

Comment: Very quiet and convenient position

We were allocated this cabin having booked on a guarantee basis. Nice central position. Very handy for the gangway and for tenders.:)

Hello - New member here. Wealth of information on this site! Can anyone help me with any details on 717 on the Azamara Journey? Have been assigned this cabin for our trip Lisbon to Barcelona Sept 03/2014. All I know is that it's aft, and starboard, I think. Better brush up on my nautical terms. I understand that the cabins in that class are fairly standard, but what about visibility from the verandah, noise, etc. Will visibility be compromised because it is right at the back and abutting a solid wall on one side? Also when cruising the Mediterranean in an easterly direction what is the best side to be on, regarding sun on the verandah, arriving in ports etc? Thank you for any advice you can share.

Hi, Welcome Aboard! Take a look at this link someone posted a couple weeks back http://www.cruiseconnection.be/index...3&marker=class . It doesn't show 7117 specifically but 6089 is at the back of the ship on the deck plan just below 7117 so I'm assuming the view could be the same or at least very, very similar. Hope this helps!

Hi, Welcome Aboard! Take a look at this link someone posted a couple weeks back http://www.cruiseconnection.be/index...3&marker=class . It doesn't show 7117 specifically but 6089 is at the back of the ship on the deck plan just below 7117 so I'm assuming the view could be the same or at least very, very similar. Hope this helps!

Hmmm, thanks so much for the info. That's what I was wondering. Not sure what I can do about it, but not liking it.

Your welcome. Since your cruise is over a year away, this might be a situation where you can request a cabin change within the same category. It's worth a call to either your Travel Agent or Azamara, whichever one you booked your cruise through, to find out if a cabin change is possible. You might also post a question about requesting a cabin change on the main board.

Quest October 2013

Obstructed View Cabin

no noise as we were obstructed by a lifeboat as opposed to a tender

Would you choose again - No

Cabin is smaller than the regular oceanview cabins. No couch or easy chair.

Nowhere to sit other than bed. Small table gets in the way where-ever it is put. Therefore room service really not an option.

Hmmm, thanks so much for the info. That's what I was wondering. Not sure what I can do about it, but not liking it.

I posted the picture but don't worry cabin 7117 is next to 7119 but not the same

only the last cabin on the ship has the sloping part.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2b/Azamara_Journey_in_Tallinn_2009_0010.JPG

Rosalyn

December 2010, Journey Cat VX, 6090. We enjoyed watching the ship wake and the larger balcony was OK but not very private and the furniture was covered with soot from the exhaust stacks every morning. The cabin A/C could not keep up with the Caribbean heat. But worst of all, the vibration and noise from the engines/drive-train was horrible. I couldn't sleep. Never again.

Edited by flyingshoes