Oriana to join the P&O Australia fleet?

kiwipete

We have just done the trans pacific leg of the current Arcadia world cruise and had a great cruise from Auckland to San Francisco.

Whilst on board we heard that Oriana was being replaced with a new ship and would be making her way to join Pacific Dawn, Pacific Jewel and Pacific Pearl in Australia.

Can anyone confirm this? Oriana is one our favorite ships and her presence "down under" would be just wonderful.

Pete

As is often said - we get all the "cast offs" :) -- but she would be welcome. The two Ocean Village ships have suited our waters well. Pacific Jewel isn't as popular as her sister ship Pacific Dawn ( that "Spa" up where the Dome should be is the cause of that! :mad:) - but Pacific Pearl has turned out well. These ships around the 70,000 tonne mark suit our South Pacific waters .

We spent 6 weeks on Oriana and she has just about everything that we need in a cruiseship. Arcadia -- like all these more modern ships which are built to maximise balcony cabins -- too much time is spent travelling in/waiting for lifts!! :p

Barry

Pete

As is often said - we get all the "cast offs" :) -- but she would be welcome. The two Ocean Village ships have suited our waters well. Pacific Jewel isn't as popular as her sister ship Pacific Dawn ( that "Spa" up where the Dome should be is the cause of that! :mad:) - but Pacific Pearl has turned out well. These ships around the 70,000 tonne mark suit our South Pacific waters .

We spent 6 weeks on Oriana and she has just about everything that we need in a cruiseship. Arcadia -- like all these more modern ships which are built to maximise balcony cabins -- too much time is spent travelling in/waiting for lifts!! :p

Barry

Errrr ummmm I do believe Oriana has less lifts than Arcadia. In fact it has 10 to Arcadia's 14 and the middle lifts do not go up to the Lido deck. They stop at A deck.

BTW do not believe all the gossip you hear on cruise ships.

Gan Canny

Dai

:cool:

BTW do not believe all the gossip you hear on cruise ships.

Indeed not; but this idea would go some way to solving P&O's possible over-capacity problem when whatever-it-will-be-called joins the fleet in 2014. It's also the case that Carol Marlowe has just been saying that Australia is P&O's most important foreign market. So I hate to say it, but this does have the ring of truth about it.

P&O Australia is a family friendly cruise line so any ship would have to have kid clubs, the Oceana would suit and since we already have her sister ships here with Princess (Sun, Dawn & Sea) she would be among family.

P&O Australia is a family friendly cruise line so any ship would have to have kid clubs, the Oceana would suit and since we already have her sister ships here with Princess (Sun, Dawn & Sea) she would be among family.

I dont like the Oceana at all.

However its all a matter of taste.

My friend who is a regular poster on this and other cruise forum really loves the Oceana. Sue has travelled on all the P&O ships.

She is a pando employee and really cannot wait for the next round of employee discounts to go back on another cruise.

As said earlier, its a matter of taste.

both Sue and I are discussing taking a cruise together. Now which ship is the question. Cant wait.:D

Errrr ummmm I do believe Oriana has less lifts than Arcadia. In fact it has 10 to Arcadia's 14 and the middle lifts do not go up to the Lido deck. They stop at A deck.

The "problem" with the lifts in Arcadia (and other ships like her) is that there are times when they MUST be used. For example, on both Oriana and Queen Mary 2, you can get from outer Promenade deck to the highest outside decks from the outside of the ship. On Arcadia, the only way you can get to the highest outside decks from the lowest outside deck is to go inside the ship and catch the lifts (or climb the internal staircase)

Barry

The "problem" with the lifts in Arcadia (and other ships like her) is that there are times when they MUST be used. For example, on both Oriana and Queen Mary 2, you can get from outer Promenade deck to the highest outside decks from the outside of the ship. On Arcadia, the only way you can get to the highest outside decks from the lowest outside deck is to go inside the ship and catch the lifts (or climb the internal staircase)

Barry

Well Barry for that matter this can not be done on Oceana, Azura, and Ventura. And of course for me on my scooter not at all :rolleyes:

Whether or not any ship is transferred is dependent on the sales of cruises in the next 2 years I would have thought. Do you want a adult only ship in Oz.

Gan Canny

Dai

P&O's possible over-capacity problem

It sounds like a true story.

Will be chatting with My friend Sue,(Lass) whom is a pando employee, over the weekend. Hopefully she will fill me in on the goss.

Poor lass is feeling unwell at the moment.

Have to get her back on a cruise soon, so she can flirt with the waiters from Goa again :D

It sounds like a true story.

Will be chatting with My friend Sue,(Lass) whom is a pando employee, over the weekend. Hopefully she will fill me in on the goss.

Poor lass is feeling unwell at the moment.

Have to get her back on a cruise soon, so she can flirt with the waiters from Goa again :D

Why do you persist with this garbage?

P&O UK also used to pride itself on being family friendly, them it introduced an adults only ship. It now has 3 - Arcadia, Oriana and Adonia. Could it be that it now intends to intoduce the concept in P&O Australia, starting with Oriana?

When is this supposed to be happening. Oriana has a full schedule in the new brochure?

It is only a rumour, started on a cruise ship down under.

Start your own, go on its easy. How about...... the new ship is going to be temperance. .

Gan Canny

Dai

In the latest Peninsula Mag, the new ship is described as the eight ship in the current fleet.

Thats something else I have not got.

Good spot though.

Gan Canny

Dai

Start your own, go on its easy.

Gan Canny

Dai

Believe it or not on Ventura in Feb the Captain started a rumour by telling a couple he was marrying a story about a wedding the week before. It sounded unlikely but it had come from the captain so they were retelling it as gospel. A few days after we heard it a member of staff told us that the Captain had said some weeks earlier that the ship was full of rumours and he may start one himself. It seems he did.

Scandalous Dai. Do they not realise at P&O who you are???? :). Get on to Carol now and ask where your mag is!

Exactly

Gan Canny

Dai

Archived