Getaway Fare - post here how close to sailing allocated cabin no.

JM-1972

I have been looking at the cruise personaliser, when I booked the guy on the phone said we will have a balcony cabin, but on the personaliser it says GUAR but where it should say a category it is empty?

I thought it would say GE which is what he said we would be or higher?

Is this normal or should I give them a call?

Nope, I had a look and all it says is etickets not yet available ?

Should I be concerned?

I would think not. We only recently got our e-tickets and we leave on 22 May just before you. :)

Does anyone know what an EC cabin is please? :confused:

And can anyone please tell me if the Horizon newspaper each evening still has a map of the next port on the back page? That would be very helpful again, if so, or maybe reception might have maps. Any thoughts you good people? :confused:

I would think not. We only recently got our e-tickets and we leave on 22 May just before you. :)

Does anyone know what an EC cabin is please? :confused:

And can anyone please tell me if the Horizon newspaper each evening still has a map of the next port on the back page? That would be very helpful again, if so, or maybe reception might have maps. Any thoughts you good people? :confused:

Your welcome pack in the cabin when you arrive will contain maps, if available,along with the usual port information for all your ports of call.

Just had an e mail from P & O to say guarantee cabin allocated. Booked a getaway inside & got c deck midship so top of the inside grades. Only 2 weeks & 2 days before we sail - more than happy with cabin.

Just had an e mail from P & O to say guarantee cabin allocated. Booked a getaway inside & got c deck midship so top of the inside grades. Only 2 weeks & 2 days before we sail - more than happy with cabin.

That's great Jools, enjoy your cruise. It seems the cabins are allocated 2-3 weeks before the due date so hopefully we shall get ours allocated later this week. :)

Booked yesterday for 18th May and checked this morning and cabin already allocated. We booked a balcony so could have got a GE but there are only a very few of them. We got the next grade up a GC, B deck forward. Looks OK to me and not far to get to nearest lifts.

Cruising late this month and just got our allocation.

Booked two GEs and got two GAs - at least they are on the same deck, if at opposite ends. Booking was linked but assume this is the best we can hope for at Getaway fare?

First P and O cruise - so let's hope its fun!!

Osfan

Just received our allocation for 3rd June Ventura cruise, so one month in advance. Got a GA cabin when had booked GE guarantee. Midship deck A - very pleased. :)

we not got ours :mad: & we on same cruise:confused:

I like you're thinking!

We're off in just under 3 weeks and still eagerly awaiting. I love it when I get the ' you've got a message beep' as hopefully it brings good news. So far everyone seems pleased with their allocation....my fingers remain crossed.

Karen

Do they send an email to say the cabin has been allocated? We go in just over 2 weeks and still waiting, not patiently! :eek:

If it's any help, you're not alone: a friend is on the same cruise as you and no cabin number yet.

It's a while since I cruised with P&O, but imagine it appears on the voyage personaliser. If P&O is anything like Cunard, and it seems to be administratively, it's hit and miss as to whether they or your travel agent advise you direct.

Mary:)

Do they send an email to say the cabin has been allocated? We go in just over 2 weeks and still waiting, not patiently! :eek:

Yes, I received an email with the title Cabin Allocation - I hadn't actually expected it, just thought I had to check the CP every day, so was pleasantly surprised.

Archived