Medalians- when do you receive

san diego sue

You should speak with the Front Office when you board and verify the number of days they have on their records. Assuming they are in agreement you will reach 100 days on that cruise, you should expect to receive your Medallion at the Mariners Pre-Reception that is held for all Medallion holders and 'awardees' just prior to the brunch. Captain and Hotel Managaer will present it to you and you will have a photo taken with them.

The only exception is if there are a great many Copper Medallion holders/awardees and there are too many for them to call everyone up. In some (fairly rare) instances, the Medallion will be delivered to your cabin.

Congratulations on reaching Copper.... :)

Most of the time, you receive it on your next cruise along with the benefits (if any) that you would receive at the next level. It's been inconsistant though, so never hurts to ask when you are there.

The 'next cruise' benefits apply to the Star Mariner Program. It can be confusing as there are two Mariner Programs running concurrently.

The Medallion Program is actual days sailed (or land tour in Alaska) and awards are during the cruise on which you reach the new level.

You are correct the Star Mariner Program awards begin on next cruise after the new level is reached.... with exception of World Cruise and Grand Voyages. That is the program under which we earn bonus days for spending and for booking a suite.

Our experience is like Sail's, you'll most likely receive your medallion at the Mariner brunch during the cruise on which you attain your 100 actual sailing days.

When one reaches a higher 'star' level during a cruise, the perks for that are effective the next cruise. The exception being if one is on a Grand Voyage when that happens. Then the perks start right away.

Congratulations on your copper medallion. :)

Thanks. I knew I would get the answers here.

We have 92 days showing on HAL site. We will be on a 8 day cruise so would just make it.

Did get our three star pin after the cruise we took last.

I will print up my record and bring with me to show at front desk.

Thanks again:D

You should speak with the Front Office when you board and verify the number of days they have on their records. Assuming they are in agreement you will reach 100 days on that cruise, you should expect to receive your Medallion at the Mariners Pre-Reception that is held for all Medallion holders and 'awardees' just prior to the brunch. Captain and Hotel Managaer will present it to you and you will have a photo taken with them.

The only exception is if there are a great many Copper Medallion holders/awardees and there are too many for them to call everyone up. In some (fairly rare) instances, the Medallion will be delivered to your cabin.

Congratulations on reaching Copper.... :)

On my Hawaii Cruise (Mar 9-23) the Pre-Reception was held the day before and was only for new medal holders. When I got my invitation to the Mariner Luncheon I called the front desk and was told that. I checked with Melodie (Pathfinderess) and she said the same thing.

Rich

Just to report in - The same as has been reported by S7S.

We were called up by the front desk to confirm our days at sea and received our medallions on that cruise when we hit the magic number.

In fact, on the next cruise we got a call to make sure we had already received our medallions:D

It's a nice time:)

We have 92 days showing on HAL site. We will be on a 8 day cruise so would just make it.

We got our copper medallions a couple of days before we actually hit that mark. We had the lapel pins a couple of months before the cruise - I wrote to the Mariner Society and asked for them when I was afraid that they may run out before we actually qualified.

On my Hawaii Cruise (Mar 9-23) the Pre-Reception was held the day before and was only for new medal holders. When I got my invitation to the Mariner Luncheon I called the front desk and was told that. I checked with Melodie (Pathfinderess) and she said the same thing.

Rich

We also have had a rare exeception when the Medallion Holder/Awardee Reception was held other than just prior to Mariner Brunch. I didn't want to confuse the whole bit by speaking of those very rare instances. I suppose the decision may have been predicated upon how many of us there were.

One of the best Receptions ever was on Maasdam when Captain and Hotel Manager held a reception for Medallion Holders and Awardees in Crows Nest the night before Mariners Brunch. It was one of the best parties we have attended on any HAL ship in many years. :) But no one should expect those rare events.....

We reached 100 actual days at sea on our last cruise (march 2013). We did not get an invitation to a Mariners Pre-Reception

and found the medallions in our room after dinner.

We also have had a rare exeception when the Medallion Holder/Awardee Reception was held other than just prior to Mariner Brunch. I didn't want to confuse the whole bit by speaking of those very rare instances. I suppose the decision may have been predicated upon how many of us there were.

One of the best Receptions ever was on Maasdam when Captain and Hotel Manager held a reception for Medallion Holders and Awardees in Crows Nest the night before Mariners Brunch. It was one of the best parties we have attended on any HAL ship in many years. :) But no one should expect those rare events.....

Sail -- my point was more that the reception was for New Medal Holders only, not so much that it was on a different day.

Sail -- my point was more that the reception was for New Medal Holders only, not so much that it was on a different day.

Okay. Check......

I picked up both points. I'm having a 'clever day'. :D

I reach 100 days in the middle of our upcoming cruise.

Do I get the medallians during this cruise or when I take the next one?

Congratulations! :D After my cruises this year (Mexico and Alaska), I'll need 5 more days. Tried to squeeze one in prior, but couldn't do it. :o Oh well, something to look forward to on my next cruise! ;)

I just checked my account, and I have 94 cruise days (134 towards "star" pins), so I should get to 100 easily on the next cruise, which is a 23-day TA and Med collector's cruise - do you think the medallion would be awarded during the second portion of the cruise, or will I have to wait until the next cruise altogether? (That would be July, when we are "doing" the fiords of Norway.) Just wondering. Thanks for any input. Ann

I just checked my account, and I have 94 cruise days (134 towards "star" pins), so I should get to 100 easily on the next cruise, which is a 23-day TA ...
Since just the TA part is more than 6 days, I would bet that you get it before the first Mariner's Brunch.

I agree with John it SHOULD be at the Mariners Party for your first segment, however, there has been inconsistency as to Collectors cruisers being invited to one or two Mariners Parties seeing that are aboard for more than one segment.

On a b-to-b, it is more likely you would be invited to two Mariners Brunches seeing you have two booking numbers and it is considered two cruises.

A Collectors Cruise is considered One cruise and you have one confirmation number.

If I had to 'guess', it is more likely than not, you will go to one Mariners Brunch and that will be on your second segment.

Seeing you wil be eligible for a Medallion, I think you should go to the Front Office and discuss it with them early in your cruise. If they know you really would like to receive your Medallion during the first segment, possibly they will accommodate you.

Ann, Congratulations!! :)

Archived