Is it worth the money

kugamuga

We visited in July 2012. Absolutely, positively stunning. Hardly any evidence of ongoing construction inside, unlike our visit in 2009. If you enjoy other Gaudi works, you will truly enjoy inside Sagrada Familia.

We prepurchased timed tickets on internet prior to arriving in BCN, I would recommend that method.

Rick

I've been told that the inside of La Sagrada Familia is mostly under construction and there is not much to see. Is it worth the cost to go in or would the money be better spent elsewhere?

Frankly, it's somewhat the opposite. The exterior still has a LOT under construction (two sides, really). The inside, except for about half the stained glass, appears darn near complete.

It is FANTASTIC. Yes, you should go. But you must get tickets in advance. When we went, picking up our reserved tickets and walking in was a matter of 10 minutes. The line for those without reservations was nearly halfway around the church. I'd guess it was MINIMUM of an hour in line, and it was hot

Even if you think you don't want to see the interior, you really need a ticket to get onto the premises because the entire block is filled with construction and scaffolding and you can't see much from standing on the sidewalk. Make sure you get the audio headsets if you do not opt for a tour, it will explain everything you are looking at, and you will understand what a genius Gaudi was.

We were just there on March 21. You have to go inside. It is amazing. We bought our tickets online before heading to Spain. The tickets are sold through La Sagrada Familia website by Ticketmaster España. You choose your entrance time in two hour increments. Just print your tickets at home and bring with you. We walked right in and avoided a very long line. We were early and tried to go in, but our tickets wouldn't scan in because it was before our time. We were told to wait until our time and then they scanned easily. I would also recommend the audio tour and the trip up the tower. Both were worth the extra money. Have a great trip.

Not only should you go inside but make sure you get those audiophones and follow the 'tour' - very informative on what you are looking at! And as indicated it's the outside that is under construction - the inside is definitely worth seeing! :)

I've been told that the inside of La Sagrada Familia is mostly under construction and there is not much to see. Is it worth the cost to go in or would the money be better spent elsewhere?

It's always under construction and will be for

ever based upon what our tour guide told us!!

GO!

Archived