Can I wear fancy jeans in the dining room?

ebrasl

• 4 weeks later...

On NCL nice jeans and shorts are acceptable in the MDR. Nice jeans mean clean, well fitting, without holes.

I have seen shorts in the MDRS lately. Do I like it-----no, but it's not going to ruin my dining experience.

As far as flip-flops are concerned, there are very dressy ones that look lovely. The beach types would not be a pretty thing to wear.

Just my opinion

On NCL nice jeans and shorts are acceptable in the MDR. Nice jeans mean clean, well fitting, without holes.

Actually, shorts are only allowed in the smaller mid-ship MDR. If you show up at the aft MDR wearing shorts, they will offer suggestions of changing or going to the mid-ship MDR, buffet or any specialty restaurant except Le Bistro (they don't allow shorts either).

I have read through these posts and decided 1) there's 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back and 2) it is time to remind people that someone thought THIS was appropriate cruise wear.

You're welcome.

But it was their FANCY chain maille....

I don't really care what other people wear, only what I wear. I've been on too many cruises and too many different lines and have seen every interpretation of clothing imaginable. People are people and it's best to get to know them before you think you may know the type of person they are.

But...it does seem like it's been a while since one of these argumentative threads has been moved to the fashion and beauty board, it looks as though it was moved here from the RCI board. Years ago it happened all the time, then this board had the reputation of being "fashionistas" and "snobs" and looking down a persons nose at others clothing choices.

I like to think of the fashion and beauty board as a more friendly place. We don't always agree, which is fine, it would be boring otherwise. But I think we're mostly a polite and respectful board. It's where I come to first when I visit Cruise Critic.

I don't really care what other people wear, only what I wear. I've been on too many cruises and too many different lines and have seen every interpretation of clothing imaginable. People are people and it's best to get to know them before you think you may know the type of person they are.

But...it does seem like it's been a while since one of these argumentative threads has been moved to the fashion and beauty board, it looks as though it was moved here from the RCI board. Years ago it happened all the time, then this board had the reputation of being "fashionistas" and "snobs" and looking down a persons nose at others clothing choices.

I like to think of the fashion and beauty board as a more friendly place. We don't always agree, which is fine, it would be boring otherwise. But I think we're mostly a polite and respectful board. It's where I come to first when I visit Cruise Critic.

I think you nailed it. Wish they wouldn't move those kind of threads here. They really aren't necessarily fashion threads but rather arguments about a cruise line's dress code.

Archived