Can I wear fancy jeans in the dining room?

ebrasl

The suggested dress code does not mention jeans at all like it does on other lines. Yes, you can wear your jeans but I, personally, would not wear them other than on casual nights. Depending on your itinerary, jeans might be too heavy; we don't even pack/wear them when we are cruising the Caribbean.

I was turned back on Voyager of the Seas just a couple of days ago wearing 3/4 (covering knees) shorts during dinner and the suggested code for that evening was casual. I assumed it would have been ok reading the many posts regarding how lax they have been in recent years. No big issue as I went back to change into jeans which was ok.

Seen all kinds of dress on Formal night. I don't think it matters much anymore.

it does matter to most of us that cruise a lot, respect dress guidelines, follow the rules, etc. etc. so don't say it doesn't matter much anymore, because to seasoned respectful cruisers it does.....

it does matter to most of us that cruise a lot, respect dress guidelines, follow the rules, etc. etc. so don't say it doesn't matter much anymore, because to seasoned respectful cruisers it does.....

Lighten up Alice ... nice jeans are OK in the MDR and I really don't think anyone should adjust their wardrobe to make you happy just because you're a self-proclaimed "seasoned" cruiser! Shorts, tshirts and tennies are one thing, but the folks who wear that stuff don't kill my experience

The suggested dress code does not mention jeans at all like it does on other lines. Yes, you can wear your jeans but I, personally, would not wear them other than on casual nights. Depending on your itinerary, jeans might be too heavy; we don't even pack/wear them when we are cruising the Caribbean.

One of the best answers I've seen to this question. Honestly, we rarely take jeans on a Caribbean cruise; shorts work in the day, and both DW and I want as light weight of wear as possible in the evening.

Having said that, on anything but formal night, women wear almost anything with a strappy heel, and no one cares. And, personally, I've gotten over being bothered by those who choose not to wear the suggested attire on formal night...:)

I believe they meant doesn't matter to RCCL. Whethe rit matters or not to self proclaimed seasoned cruisers is immaterial and irrelavant.

I believe they meant doesn't matter to RCCL. Whethe rit matters or not to self proclaimed seasoned cruisers is immaterial and irrelavant.

Great answer. To the OP, you'll soon find that on these boards, dress code and what passes for "acceptable wear" is a hotly debated topic.

I'm of the opinion that you should wear whatever makes you feel comfortable. You're on vacation, after all. Seasoned cruisers may sneer if you're not in a tuxedo or ballgown for formal nights, but for the majority of us on your cruise, we won't really care what you wear and it certainly won't affect our own personal enjoyment of our own cruise.

L. O. L. :rolleyes:

Why is there not a like button on here like Facebook

Sorry but you're not in the majority anymore..there'a a new "season" onboard ;)

Sorry but you're not in the majority anymore..there'a a new "season" onboard ;)

That's a crappy remark. Yes I played with it and wore a pair of flip flops with a tux. But if you wish to wear your new season wear of jeans and a tank top take it to the wind jammer. I also bet you will be the one street punk wear chugging down free drinks at the captains party.

Lighten up Alice ... nice jeans are OK in the MDR and I really don't think anyone should adjust their wardrobe to make you happy just because you're a self-proclaimed "seasoned" cruiser! Shorts, tshirts and tennies are one thing, but the folks who wear that stuff don't kill my experience

Why don't you lighten up ! She expressed her opinion and I happen to agree with her. :eek:

That's a crappy remark. Yes I played with it and wore a pair of flip flops with a tux. But if you wish to wear your new season wear of jeans and a tank top take it to the wind jammer. I also bet you will be the one street punk wear chugging down free drinks at the captains party.

So it's ok for you to do what you want but everyone else must follow what you say? Flip flops are specifically listed as an item that is not acceptable, jeans are not.

You chose to break the rules by wearing flip flops. I would much rather see someone in jeans then someone's ugly feet.

You can't tell people to follow rules that you yourself admit to breaking.

On a 7 day u know their are two nights to dress up. If you do not wish to the wind jammer welcomes u it's not hard people.

And by your own standard, you should have went to the windjammer also since you made the choice to disregard the rules by wearing flip flops. How is what you did any different then someone wearing jeans? It's not.

While it will not effect the taste of my food or my enjoyment of the cruise I must admit I do like to see everyone dressed up a little for dinner. One of the reasons I prefer RCCL to NCL is the traditional dinner. And I think that most people make a little extra effort in dressing nice for dinner. Please don't flame me, I am not passing judgement on anyone. It is your cruise, and yes, you can dress how you want. For me, part of the fun is getting ready for dinner, dressing up a little nicer than "dinner at home"....kind of like dressing up for "date night". Stopping for a drink at he paino bar. To me it is worth it and my husband does take notice that I spent a little extra time getting ready for our "date". No tuxes or ball gowns, my husband does wear a suit on formal night and I wear a long dress, but that is what we like. :D

There is a reason that Americans are seen as fashion "slobs".:(

I doubt it has anything to do with luggage issues, as many like to claim.

I'm guessing laziness is a big part of it.

On our last RCI cruise a woman came into the MDR wearing pajama bottoms with some strappy sandals.

Guess if you wear strappy sandals whatever you put on above them becomes "dressy" too?:rolleyes:

On our last RCI cruise a woman came into the MDR wearing pajama bottoms with some strappy sandals.

Guess if you wear strappy sandals whatever you put on above them becomes "dressy" too?:rolleyes:

Sounds like she wasn't asked to leave?

Yet for breakfast men in tank tops are asked to leave and change, but for women it is OK.

Archived