Can I wear fancy jeans in the dining room?

ebrasl

I just bought a pretty nice pair of khakis at Costco for $24.00. I will look a whole lot classier in them than anyone in "Fancy Jeans" I personally get a kick out of seeing what people wear, fancy or not. People watching is one of my favorite cruise activities. Always good for a laugh or two!!!:D

Denims that people are willing to shell out hundreds of dollars for. The fancy part, I guess, comes from the designs that are stitched or bedazzled on the pockets or legs.
And underneath all that they are still jeans.:p

I think too many people generalize and paint everyone with the same brush when talking about apparel. Some people look pretty darn good in jeans. I've seen guys wearing dark jeans, a dress shirt and a sport coat and they look better than guys in khakis and a polo. My wife owns a few pairs of colored jeans and when she wears them with a nice shirt, looks a whole hell of a lot better than most women in their black slacks.

But just because she can pull them off doesn't mean everyone can. Same goes for the jeans and a sport coat look for men. The answer is yes, jeans can be worn. But answering the question from an appropriate angle, I would say the answer depends on the individual.

I just bought a pretty nice pair of khakis at Costco for $24.00. I will look a whole lot classier in them than anyone in "Fancy Jeans" I personally get a kick out of seeing what people wear, fancy or not. People watching is one of my favorite cruise activities. Always good for a laugh or two!!!:D

Jake from State Farm wore khakis. Sounded hideous.:eek:

I think too many people generalize and paint everyone with the same brush when talking about apparel. Some people look pretty darn good in jeans. I've seen guys wearing dark jeans, a dress shirt and a sport coat and they look better than guys in khakis and a polo. My wife owns a few pairs of colored jeans and when she wears them with a nice shirt, looks a whole hell of a lot better than most women in their black slacks.

But just because she can pull them off doesn't mean everyone can. Same goes for the jeans and a sport coat look for men. The answer is yes, jeans can be worn. But answering the question from an appropriate angle, I would say the answer depends on the individual.

Didn't Dr. Rick Webber always wear jeans with his sport coat on General Hospital

Bedazzled, nothing more. ;)

I don't know, I think the distressed jeans with the bleached streaks always adds a touch of klass to the surroundings. :D

Quick question - If I were to look up the definition of oxymoron, would I find the term fancy jeans?

I don't know, I think the distressed jeans with the bleached streaks always adds a touch of klass to the surroundings. :D

Quick question - If I were to look up the definition of oxymoron, would I find the term fancy jeans?

Right between jumbo shrimp and government intelligence. ;)

"But just because she can pull them off doesn't mean everyone can."

Does she let you?:o

"But just because she can pull them off doesn't mean everyone can."

Does she let you?:o

But doesn't everyone who asks about their "fancy" jeans have great bodies, tight butts and everyone drools over them when they walk by and women are jealous about them and says nasty things?

Or is that the ones who want to know if men will ogle them if they wear a thong to the pool? :confused:

I agree.

I also have to say that I feel that some folks over exaggerate the number of people not following the dress code so to justify not doing so themselves. It has been our experience that the huge majority make an effort to dress nicely in the MDR. There will always be those that want to do their own thing but, I think that's normal. :)

I think you may have a point here!

I agree.

I also have to say that I feel that some folks over exaggerate the number of people not following the dress code so to justify not doing so themselves. It has been our experience that the huge majority make an effort to dress nicely in the MDR. There will always be those that want to do their own thing but, I think that's normal. :)

I think you may have a point here!

Your logic confuses me. I haven't seen too many posts from people that dressed as they wanted complaining that they were allowed to.:confused:

Maybe you are correct that not many do not follow dress suggestions. Maybe the exaggeration of the number doing it come from those complaining it is allowed.

Why? It is only a SUGGESTION not a requirement. We will be eating in the MDR in shorts and be comfortable and happy while in the caribbean.

But even in upper class restaurants in the islands you are expected to dress appropriately.

I cannot believe the number of people who only read one line of the Royal Caribbean website and not the entire paragraph. But, it is what some folks on here want to read and Royal refuses to enforce even what is posted by the entrance to the dining rooms.

Some people are going to look like slobs wearing a custom made tuxedo. ;)

I cannot believe the number of people who only read one line of the Royal Caribbean website and not the entire paragraph. But, it is what some folks on here want to read and Royal refuses to enforce even what is posted by the entrance to the dining rooms.

As long as folks see people hauling cases of water and soda on the ship, why should they follow the dress code?? Does not matter if it is posted or listed as a rule.

Wear what you want and bring all the soda and water you want on board.

Royal has proven, it does not follow it's own rules.

I'm glad you "got it".

All in jest and no offense intended.

You know someone will twist just about anything posted on cc.:D

Oh no, please, joke away with me. I prefer it that way. :D

Some people are going to look like slobs wearing a custom made tuxedo. ;)

Yep....exactly my point. :)

As long as folks see people hauling cases of water and soda on the ship, why should they follow the dress code?? Does not matter if it is posted or listed as a rule.

Wear what you want and bring all the soda and water you want on board.

Royal has proven, it does not follow it's own rules.

Congratulations for reaching step 5.:)

One thing that we all have to realize is that not everyone can afford nicer clothing. Though this is not the case for everyone on the ship, it is very possible there are people who save a very long time and scrape money together just to be able to afford the ticket to get on the ship. Do I expect them to go spend another $100 or more that they don't have so they can dress to my standards? Absolutely not!

During my senior year of high school my grandmother passed away. One of my friends from school came to the visitation and funeral in his tennis shoes, jeans and a faded button down shirt he borrowed from his father. He even starched his jeans to try and make them look nicer.

Did I or anyone else make him feel uncomfortable or ask him to leave because he wasn't dressed "appropriately"? Absolutely not. I could never live with myself as a person if I had. His family was very poor, they just did not have the money to buy nicer or more formal clothes. Not to mention the fact that he had to walk a little over 1.5 miles to get to the funeral home. (I did give him a ride home by the way)

My entire family and I were grateful that he came to pay his respects and offer his condolences. That meant much more to us than what he was wearing.

So I guess my point is, I try not to judge people by what they are wearing.

Just because someone may not have nice clothes does not mean they should be forced to eat in the Windjammer the whole cruise.

*steps off of soapbox*

One thing that we all have to realize is that not everyone can afford nicer clothing. Though this is not the case for everyone on the ship, it is very possible there are people who save a very long time and scrape money together just to be able to afford the ticket to get on the ship. Do I expect them to go spend another $100 or more that they don't have so they can dress to my standards? Absolutely not!

During my senior year of high school my grandmother passed away. One of my friends from school came to the visitation and funeral in his tennis shoes, jeans and a faded button down shirt he borrowed from his father. He even starched his jeans to try and make them look nicer.

Did I or anyone else make him feel uncomfortable or ask him to leave because he wasn't dressed "appropriately"? Absolutely not. I could never live with myself as a person if I had. His family was very poor, they just did not have the money to buy nicer or more formal clothes. Not to mention the fact that he had to walk a little over 1.5 miles to get to the funeral home. (I did give him a ride home by the way)

My entire family and I were grateful that he came to pay his respects and offer his condolences. That meant much more to us than what he was wearing.

So I guess my point is, I try not to judge people by what they are wearing.

Just because someone may not have nice clothes does not mean they should be forced to eat in the Windjammer the whole cruise.

*steps off of soapbox*

Nice post.

Now get ready for the one's saying 'well if they can't afford the clothes they shouldn't be cruising, blah, blah, blah'.

Nice post.

Now get ready for the one's saying 'well if they can't afford the clothes they shouldn't be cruising, blah, blah, blah'.

I figure that will be coming, but I don't care. Even poor or disadvantaged PEOPLE deserve a break or vacation from time to time because they are human beings with desires, feelings and needs just like everyone else. They deserve to be treated and respected just as everyone else does.

Archived