Can I wear fancy jeans in the dining room?

ebrasl

At the end of the day, jeans are allowed and do not need to be "classy".

While personally I think dark-wash designer jeans with a cute top look nice and are more appropriate than $5.00 Wal-Mart capris apparently a lot of folks do not agree.

This is what I wore

ry%3D400

It did say "Casual" in the suggested attire for the evening, so I thought this was ok but was wrong about it. Jeans were accepted.

Well at least now it is obvious as to why they didn't let you in.;)

This is what I wore

ry%3D400

It did say "Casual" in the suggested attire for the evening, so I thought this was ok but was wrong about it. Jeans were accepted.

Perhaps you didn't "sag" them enough so you weren't showing the required amount of boxer shorts. :D

This is what I wore

ry%3D400

Thanks for taking time to post the photo – it explains a lot to me.

I would categorize your shorts as Gym shorts and certainly not capris. M

Thanks for taking time to post the photo – it explains a lot to me.

I agree. My first thought is that those are what a basketball player would wear. But, the picture may be deceiving.

Yup-those are gym shorts.

My boys live in those and yes, even on a cruise but I told mine that is a bit too casual for the MDR!! Lovin' the WJ option!! :D

There is a reason that Americans are seen as fashion "slobs".:(

I doubt it has anything to do with luggage issues, as many like to claim.

I'm guessing laziness is a big part of it.

On our last RCI cruise a woman came into the MDR wearing pajama bottoms with some strappy sandals.

Guess if you wear strappy sandals whatever you put on above them becomes "dressy" too?:rolleyes:

I totally agree. when I see pics of the people cruising, I feel I will look overdressed and put of place. Fashion is one of my biggest passions. Being a guy its hard to be the one dressed up while the rest is wearing this huge shirts with some advertisements and socks with sandals. More than a cultural thing, its about people just wanting to look like a snob. I would never ever dress down on vacation. That is my favorite time to dress up, and while people not dressed up won't bring me down or upset me or make me dress down.

I am not a "seasoned cruiser" and I don't ever think that by the time I become.one, people not properly dressed will ruin my vacation. That's just silly.

One of my favorite designers, Christopher Bailey says "if you don't know a thing about fashion, dress according to the weather"

Some people cannot even do this !

I agree. My first thought is that those are what a basketball player would wear. But, the picture may be deceiving.

Yup-those are gym shorts.

My boys live in those and yes, even on a cruise but I told mine that is a bit too casual for the MDR!! Lovin' the WJ option!! :D

Agree, those are definitely basketball shorts and not capris.

My son wears them onboard to hit the sports deck, but changes to pants to head to the MDR. Of course as soon as dinner is over the pants are off and the shorts back on.

OP, I don't mean to laugh at your post, but "fancy jeans"?? LOL!

Oh dear-when was the last time you went Jean shopping!!! ;)

Those blinged out jeans can run you. They ain't no wranglers!!! LOL

$300 or with bling, jeans are jeans, Denim is a casual material no matter what you add to it or what its cut is. Jeans with bling are for 14 year olds anyway. Flame me if you must, but it's not that difficult to put on some black slacks.

If you have to ask or think about it, then don't do it! And I agree if dress guideline suggests a dress code, people should follow them. If you don't want to dress appropriately, go into the Windjammer. Just my two cents worth...

Why? It is only a SUGGESTION not a requirement. We will be eating in the MDR in shorts and be comfortable and happy while in the caribbean.

I have worn "fancy" jeans in the MDR on the first night before.

I could care less who does or does not like me wearing dark wash, tailored jeans that cost me $150-$220 each (plus tailoring) at the first dinner. They do look amazing with black leather shoes, a dark button down shirt and black belt. They certainly look better than Dockers!

On all other nights I wear either slacks, a suit or tux.

I usually wear jeans during the day too, unless I will be attending a function such as the "Welcome Back" parties or something like that.

I like to be comfortable during the day when I am exploring the ship or playing trivia, etc...

Why? It is only a SUGGESTION not a requirement. We will be eating in the MDR in shorts and be comfortable and happy while in the caribbean.

There are suggestions and there are rules. No shorts is one of their rules, not one of their suggestions.

Don't get me wrong, I care nothing about what you do. Just realize you could be turned away for wearing shorts, as someone in this thread did.

OP here. Wow, really didn't mean to start this. Honestly, just wanted to know what the rules are. Just trying to figure out if I should put my jeans in my suitcase or not. Happy to follow the rules just really wanted to know what they were.

Wow, really didn't mean to start this.

Of course you didnt. You had no idea, unless youve been around here a while, that so many would worry about or bitch and whine about what other people wear while on vacation.

Now you know :)

Jeans are fine. And MOST everyone on board could not care less what you wear to dinner as long as you wear something. The fashion police on board are in no way as bold as they are behind a keyboard and monitor.

No, it is not merely a suggestion as other modes of dress might be. Shorts are specifically prohibited in the MDR. Hopefully, you will be asked to either change or eat elsewhere.

At dinner in the dining room I seriously doubt it. It really is amusing when soime people think rules were made for others.:rolleyes:

$300 or with bling, jeans are jeans, Denim is a casual material no matter what you add to it or what its cut is. Jeans with bling are for 14 year olds anyway. Flame me if you must, but it's not that difficult to put on some black slacks.

Everybody's got an opinion and entitled to it.

For me-I'm not wearing black 'slacks'!!:)

Archived