Can I wear fancy jeans in the dining room?

ebrasl

What are bo-bos?

Sorry, I think I just totally aged myself saying bobos and had to google it to explain it, but per urban dictionary...

1. Bobos

Generic, no-name shoes or even worse shoes with corny names (i.e. pro-wings, avia, sike (just glue it), four-stripe adidas, ragamuffinpinwheelsdeluxe. . .).It's an early 80's word.

"Bobos, they make your feet feel fine,

Bobos, they cost a dollar ninety-nine. . ."

Actually, I was not snickering at their bobos, it was they that were giving a very obvious disapproving glare to my husband's sandals. Instead of snickering or giving a dirty look back I gave them my biggest, bightest smile and said "Good evening" to them and asked them about their day :rolleyes:

My point is, I DO NOT CARE, what other people are wearing but I do not appreciate disapproving glares because we might not be following, in my opinion, VERY outdated guidelines.

I just read through 4/5 pages of this 12 pg debate. Gheesh this is quite the debate! As you can see, I'm new here. I have a legitimate question. Please don't get mad and start a debate over my question. I'm not trying to start anything, I just genuinely want to make sure I do the right thing on my upcoming cruise. It's been 15 years since my last cruise. I didn't realize that flip flops weren't allowed until I started reading this thread, so I'm so glad that did. In the summer when I dress up for dates with my husband, etc, I usually wear a sundress and flip flops. Not the $1 version from Old Navy, but maybe flip flops with a little bling or a cute flower, or plain. Is that not ok? What about for the casual nights in the MDR? Would it be ok then, just not on formal nights? I will still look nice, I promise. I just want to avoid by fancy heels that I'll never wear again if I don't have to (I work in a very casual work environment where no one ever wears dress shoes). I do have one pair of heels I could probably use for both formal nights. I'd love to not have to be uncomfortable the other nights though.

Kristin

In the summer when I dress up for dates with my husband, etc, I usually wear a sundress and flip flops. Not the $1 version from Old Navy, but maybe flip flops with a little bling or a cute flower, or plain. Is that not ok? What about for the casual nights in the MDR? Would it be ok then, just not on formal nights? I will still look nice, I promise. I just want to avoid by fancy heels that I'll never wear again if I don't have to (I work in a very casual work environment where no one ever wears dress shoes). I do have one pair of heels I could probably use for both formal nights. I'd love to not have to be uncomfortable the other nights though.

I don't think you need fancy high heels either. Maybe some happy medium, like nice sandals?

Interesting debate, but it has gone totally off topic.

The cruise line's dress code restrictions are only on the type of clothing that may be worn.

There is no restriction as to price or brand name.

If jeans are acceptable, it does not matter how much you paid for them or where you bought them.

The same for sandals.

I think we all know someone who can look much better in a pair of $5 jeans from a thrift shop than someone else who pays hundreds of dollars to buy fancy, custom fitted designer jeans.

But that does not mean that either of them should be excluded from the dining room.

Yes, you can wear a suit from Walmart and be appropriately dressed for formal night.

But if you show up wearing a swimsuit to a formal night dinner, you will be inappropriate dressed even if it came from a top name designer and is encrusted with thousands of dollars worth of jewels and you wear it with Christian Louboutin or Manolo Blahnik shoes. :D

I just read through 4/5 pages of this 12 pg debate. Gheesh this is quite the debate! As you can see, I'm new here. I have a legitimate question. Please don't get mad and start a debate over my question. I'm not trying to start anything, I just genuinely want to make sure I do the right thing on my upcoming cruise. It's been 15 years since my last cruise. I didn't realize that flip flops weren't allowed until I started reading this thread, so I'm so glad that did. In the summer when I dress up for dates with my husband, etc, I usually wear a sundress and flip flops. Not the $1 version from Old Navy, but maybe flip flops with a little bling or a cute flower, or plain. Is that not ok? What about for the casual nights in the MDR? Would it be ok then, just not on formal nights? I will still look nice, I promise. I just want to avoid by fancy heels that I'll never wear again if I don't have to (I work in a very casual work environment where no one ever wears dress shoes). I do have one pair of heels I could probably use for both formal nights. I'd love to not have to be uncomfortable the other nights though.

Kristin

I wore flip flops to the MDR all 7 nights of our last cruise and will wear them every night of every cruise in the future, even if I rent a tux. The only shoes that hit these feet when I'm on vacation are athletic shoes, I leave the dress shoes home. If someone dosen't like it, I'd tell them stay out from under my table and you won't see it.

Since the default on posts per page differs for some, wagering on the number of pages is no longer allowed.

Please use replies as the new basis with the views as the over/under tie breaker.

Doing my best Lou Costello inpression:

"Whooooo Hooooooo A Little Joe"

"Club House....Club House" :)

Since the default on posts per page differs for some, wagering on the number of pages is no longer allowed.

Please use replies as the new basis with the views as the over/under tie breaker.

.....but do they have a betting "line" in Vegas?.....

p.s Evaluator.....what does "26 1/4-78(+/-) mean?....:)

.....but do they have a betting "line" in Vegas?.....

p.s Evaluator.....what does "26 1/4-78(+/-) mean?....:)

That's where Mrs E. now views the sunrises and sunsets every day. :(

It's about half way between CocoCay and Freeport.

And for the record she was cremated wearing her favorite formal evening gown and shoes holding a RCI logo beach towel.:cool:

And for the record she was cremated wearing her favorite formal evening gown and shoes holding a RCI logo beach towel.:cool:

I am terribly sorry for your loss.

I have ready many of your posts about her illness, I didn't know she passed . Please accept my since condolences. She sounded like a wonderful lady.

I am terribly sorry for your loss.

I have ready many of your posts about her illness, I didn't know she passed . Please accept my since condolences. She sounded like a wonderful lady.

Thank you for the kind words.

She had 150+ pairs of fancy shoes. But often she could only get flip flops to fit and not hurt her feet.

She would stop at the no flip flop sign and sort of quote Burgermeister Meisterburger, and call herself a rebel and a non-conformist.:D

Thank you for the kind words.

She had 150+ pairs of fancy shoes. But often she could only get flip flops to fit and not hurt her feet.

She would stop at the no flip flop sign and sort of quote Burgermeister Meisterburger, and call herself a rebel and a non-conformist.:D

**LOL* Thats what my NYC relatives call their mayor "Burgermeister MeisterBloomberg" :)

May I relate my deapest sympathy. I know first hand what a devastating disease Cancer is but by your signature your loving wife has left you with a abundance of wonderful memories cruising. Thank you for the answer and now I'll smile and understand. God Bless.:)

Archived