CC vs AQ

jerseygirl3

We are currently booked in an angled hump balcony (CC) and for $300/pp more we can switch to an AQ on the angle (albeit there is the window washing equip next to AQ...big issue? for anyone who has stayed in one if those AQ is the equip a huge detractor.

This would be for a 15 night TA. Worth the diff in price. Worth the equip?

I personally don't think Blu is worth $600. I'd rather spend that on specialty dining.

The window washing equipment is a little annoying- we stayed in 1552 on Silhouette and one side of the balcony had a not great view when reclined on a lounger. For a good price I'd take it again because the balcony was huge but I would not pay more over a CC hump to get it.

No way, I wouldn't pay more than $50/pp extra for AQ. Even then, only so my wife could enjoy the Persian Gardens. Neither of us thought Blu was so great, and that's comparing it to the Carnival MDR.

Everyone is different--what matters to some--matters not to others. Many book Aqua just for BLU, as they say the food is awesome and it on its own is like a specialty restaurant (and 1 can still eat in the MDR to have a change of venue--if room available)--while others say blu is terrible!

But one wants to look above at the room selection sticky! Some the Aqua class rooms are not in desirable places--such as underneath the pools--which can be a bit noisy---so says the posters

It is for a 15 night TA though. And I'm thinking with 8 sea days on the way back to the states the Persian Garden use would be nice???

It's $40.00 per day, I would definitely go for it. We had 1554 on the Eclipse for an eastbound TA. The window washing equipment was there but it didn't bother us at all. We used the Persian Gardens every day and are absolutely sold on Blu for breakfast and dinner. All of our Celebrity cruises have been in Aqua.

Both 1608 and 1599 are available. They are in a great location on the angle on the hump. I would look at one of those two. Both have same sized large balconies. 1608 has bed by balcony, and 1599 has bed by bath.

It is for a 15 night TA though. And I'm thinking with 8 sea days on the way back to the states the Persian Garden use would be nice???

Yes, but they have offered use of the gardens for $100 for the entire cruise on my previous cruises.

Both 1608 and 1599 are available. They are in a great location on the angle on the hump. I would look at one of those two. Both have same sized large balconies. 1608 has bed by balcony, and 1599 has bed by bath.

Decisions, decisions....we currently have 2105, which is a great cabin from everything I've heard. But I'm being tempted by AQ. Our TA is giving us OBC, and I think she will up it a bit if we go with AQ, so that will offset the add'l $600 a bit. We've been so interested in doing AQ on our previous S-class cruises, but since we're always with friends, it's never been possible since we want to dine with them in the MDR. This may be our chance to do Blu. If we don't like the food in Blu, which I doubt, we can always still eat in the MDR, correct?

I do like portside for Westbound TA's, but a starboard side wouldn't be a dealbreaker. However, I definitely prefer the bed near the bath.

Decisions, decisions....we currently have 2105, which is a great cabin from everything I've heard. But I'm being tempted by AQ. Our TA is giving us OBC, and I think she will up it a bit if we go with AQ, so that will offset the add'l $600 a bit. We've been so interested in doing AQ on our previous S-class cruises, but since we're always with friends, it's never been possible since we want to dine with them in the MDR. This may be our chance to do Blu. If we don't like the food in Blu, which I doubt, we can always still eat in the MDR, correct?

I do like portside for Westbound TA's, but a starboard side wouldn't be a dealbreaker. However, I definitely prefer the bed near the bath.

Please listen to your gut...what is it telling you? It is great to get the opinions of others, but then what do you really want? Go with it and let go!!! You have time to try other things in the future. Some love Blu/Persian Gardens etc. If those things are important to you, try them and see. It might be heaven or it might not be, but don't let everything make or break it for you! What is your gut telling you????:)

Please listen to your gut...what is it telling you? It is great to get the opinions of others, but then what do you really want? Go with it and let go!!! You have time to try other things in the future. Some love Blu/Persian Gardens etc. If those things are important to you, try them and see. It might be heaven or it might not be, but don't let everything make or break it for you! What is your gut telling you????:)

[/b]

My gut is telling me to try AQ. Don't know when the opportunity will present itself again, as we tend to cruise with large groups. This will be the exception that it will be just DH and me.

I'm going to do it! Now to decide which cabin. I've got 1599 and 1547 on hold. Any opinions from anybody? I know 1547 has the window washing equipment, but most have said it's not a big deal. I like the idea of not being directly under the pool area. But 1599 is more centrally located.

Again, decisions, decisions...LOL

My gut is telling me to try AQ. Don't know when the opportunity will present itself again, as we tend to cruise with large groups. This will be the exception that it will be just DH and me.

I'm going to do it! Now to decide which cabin. I've got 1599 and 1547 on hold. Any opinions from anybody? I know 1547 has the window washing equipment, but most have said it's not a big deal. I like the idea of not being directly under the pool area. But 1599 is more centrally located.

Again, decisions, decisions...LOL

1599 without doubt. Great cabin, great location, and big balcony. If you want the port side with some sun, go for it.

Wino-O, okay. I'm going with your choice! After all, from one wine-o to another!!!

I really thinik you will be happy there. If not, you can walk across the hall and beat me up, or we can have a glass of wine together. We're in 1610. :)

1599? Your thoughts on 1603 just two cabins further up on the hump? Reason I ask, I've reserved it on an Eastern Caribbean in Feb 2014.

1603 is the exact same cabin/balcony as 1599. You will be very happy with that cabin, the balcony, and the location.

We are currently booked in an angled hump balcony (CC) and for $300/pp more we can switch to an AQ on the angle (albeit there is the window washing equip next to AQ...big issue? for anyone who has stayed in one if those AQ is the equip a huge detractor.

This would be for a 15 night TA. Worth the diff in price. Worth the equip?

Definitely worth the difference; and, the window washing equipment is only a problem if you sweat the small stuff. On one of our Equinox cruises, in AQ, we had the equipment in front of our balcony; and, we were not disturbed. As a matter of fact, the balcony was larger than the normal AQ balcony.

For that many days, I would say do it! Especially with so many sea days, plenty of time for breakfast in blu!

PS: for the experts, is 1597 just as good? That's the one we have booked on Equinox. The review of it in the sticky says its OK, but doesn't provide a whole lot of detail.

For that many days, I would say do it! Especially with so many sea days, plenty of time for breakfast in blu!

PS: for the experts, is 1597 just as good? That's the one we have booked on Equinox. The review of it in the sticky says its OK, but doesn't provide a whole lot of detail.

It's right next door to 1599, has a normal sized balcony, and has the bed by the balcony. You will have a great view forward. Additionally, it's in a very convenient location on the ship.

There aren't a whole lot of angled/huge balconies on Deck 11, AQ, only 12. If you can't snag one of them, you have a good location.

We were in 1603 on the Equinox 2 years ago. It had the larger balcony on the hump. We had foot rests, table & chairs. It was very spacious. There is a very large overhang over the balcony. So the back of the balcony was in the shade. It was such a port extensive cruise that noise was not a factor for us. By the time we got back to the cabin at night we were comatose. The bed is by the bath. We loved aqua not just for the food but for the atmospere. We always had a table by the window. Loved our waiter & met some terrific people. The tables are close together & it is very easy to meet others if you choise to do so. I hope this helps with your choice.

Wino-O, okay. I'm going with your choice! After all, from one wine-o to another!!!

Are you happy? You should be as you made a very good decision for you and your hubby! So, now you're going to love it, along with all the days leading up to it?:):)

Archived