TRIUMPH breaks free from dock in Mobile, AL

mibond007

The reporter is right. This may not be CCL's fault, it may not be the fault of anyone but Mother Nature, but this is certainly a PR problem for CCL.

Agreed. Gerry Cahill must immediately announce they will not rename the Destiny.

100% correct ehlf !!

If a Carnival ship was to [God forbid] hit an iceberg and sink, the Carnival cheerleaders on this board would blame the iceberg.

Again ... with the overused, boring, repetitious, "cheerleaders" comment. Ho hum. snooze ... :rolleyes:

I'm no "cheerleader". Just don't get how this is Carnival's fault, and how anyone with half a brain can insinuate that it is.

There sure are a lot of nasty comments posted here. It is reported that one crew member was thrown from the ship and is missing. May I please suggest that you put aside the snide remarks for a little while and say a prayer for this missing crew member and his family?

My goodness. Thank you.

There sure are a lot of nasty comments posted here. It is reported that one crew member was thrown from the ship and is missing. May I please suggest that you put aside the snide remarks for a little while and say a prayer for this missing crew member and his family?

My goodness. Thank you.

A lot of people like to flap their e-jaws because they are hidden behind a computer screen. Yet if it was someone in their family they would be singing another tune.:rolleyes:

Again ... with the overused, boring, repetitious, "cheerleaders" comment. Ho hum. snooze ... :rolleyes:

I'm no "cheerleader". Just don't get how this is Carnival's fault, and how anyone with half a brain can insinuate that it is.

It's repetitious because sh*t keeps happening to Carnival ships !

I think anyone with half a brain no longer thinks that this is just a string of bad luck.

Just don't get how this is Carnival's fault, and how anyone with half a brain can insinuate that it is.

I don't know all the facts, but I highly doubt that this IS CCL"s fault. Informed people will know this, however, most cruisers are not as informed as folks at CC.

Not being CCL's fault doesn't mean it's not CCL's problem.

What I want to know did any one who was in charge of the ship know the weather forecast? A cruise ship has a big wind profile. Therefore, it would /should be tied up right. I would think this is not the first time a cruise ship has been docked with high winds blowing.

I pray that the missing man is found alive and well.

There is a high probability that this is not Carnival's fault but it really doesn't matter. Perception is reality and the perception to the average person is that Carnival has problems. That doesn't bode well for Carnival's image.

...and for those of you who think the price cuts will be great, they'll have to make up that revenue somewhere or make cuts in amenities or both.

Not really. Ships get gashes like that all the time. As long as there is no damage to the underlying structure, they just cut out the steel and weld in a new piece.

It is however right on a corner so there may be bigger problems underneath.

Most know I am not a fan of Carnival!

However in this case its NOT Carnivals fault. When in the shipyard, the vessel's safety is the responsibility of the shipyard, including keeping the vessel alongside the pier.

That's about a $250,000 hole!

A prayer for the missing man overboard.

AKK

I don't know all the facts, but I highly doubt that this IS CCL"s fault. Informed people will know this, however, most cruisers are not as informed as folks at CC.

Not being CCL's fault doesn't mean it's not CCL's problem.

You don't have to be on one of these boards to be informed.

Archived