LIVE from Celebrity Silhouette, sailing April 7th!

BugsyCruiser

Oh that prime rib looked wonderful....slightly more pink than I like it but still, made me hungry. ;)

Oh...the suitcases....a sad sight.:( Fort Lauderdale looked very cloudy today. I hope tomorrow is sunny for you. Is the Silhouette finished with it's Caribbean cruises for now? You mentioned it was sailing to Rome tomorrow.

Thank you so much for all your dedication to your live report....it's been such fun crusing with you.

Have a few final drinks for me tonight.

Silhouette will be leaving Port Everglades today for her transatlantic to Rome to start the summer Med cruising season

Thanks Emmy :) I'll definitely be giving my feedback on this great cruise and strong chance I will be at the inlet getting photos of the ships sailing away again before I head home tomorrow

Maybe a ship photo of your next cruise on Allure:D

Good Morning Chris,

I'm looking forward to your assessment of the ship. Thanks again for taking us along on your journey.

Quick cabana question - they will take up to 6 pax - Correct?

You will be happy to know it actually snowed here yesterday....yikes!!

Edited by librarylady19

Good Morning Chris,

I'm looking forward to your assessment of the ship. Thanks again for taking us along on your journey.

Quick cabana question - they will take up to 6 pax - Correct?

You will be happy to know it actually snowed here yesterday....yikes!!

Yes ma'am they will take 6. I think anything over that they won't allow. Snow in mid April... ugh

Edited by Bugsy4271

Were the cabanas a Celebrity excursion? or Did you get them privately & if so how?

This has been a great trip .... you have made our planned Silhouette trip come to life! Thank you again for taking us along!

Edited by rupertfrog

Were the cabanas a Celebrity excursion? or Did you get them privately & if so how?

This has been a great trip .... you have made our planned Silhouette trip come to life! Thank you again for taking us along!

The cabanas are a Celebrity and RCCL excursion so booked them through the cruise line website

I'm at the Hyatt Pier 66 waiting for my room to be ready friends. I've read the horror stories about getting off Celebrity and it's true... terminal 25 leaves MUCH to be desired. You're not allowed to use the covered gangway to the terminal and the line was enormous... plus a lot of standing outside in the hot sun. What's worse... the ac was broken inside

Thanks Gambee. I still have to do my post cruise ratings and opinions plus I plan on being at the inlet to watch Silhouette sail away to Rome :)

Really? Hummm I think my mom is going to be there but across from you. I actually wanted to go fishing but still not sure.

Well my friends what can I say about Celebrity Silhouette other than she is a fantastic ship. This was my first ever cruise on Celebrity, but it will definitely not be my last. Very impressed with what Celebrity has to offer. I'll get to a more detailed opinion and grades a little later but I can honestly say this... I have found the two cruise lines I want to sail with and it's time to settle down and start building my way towards the perks. So from now my cruises will only be on Royal Caribbean(Oasis and Allure of course... although anxiously awaiting Quantum) and Celebrity. I've found my "home" I guess you could say :)

welcome back Chris,

oh, the photo of the suitcases outside the door, I think you are the first to ever think of showing that. It brought an amazing cruise from your eyes to mine to an end. We only sailed Celebrity once before and I have no clue why we only did it once! I guess just like you we wanted to explore many different ships. Our favorite among almost every ship on the seas is the Royal Caribbean.

Now, looking at your review and Gambee's, we just have to try Celebrity again. We had a fantastic cruise on Celebrity in the Med a few years ago.

Your review was awesome and looking forward to any further information you will provide.

have a great wonderful Sunday in Ft Lauderdale...

Joan

Chris....Thanks so much for a wonderful review of your journey. I am sitting here reading your final moments onboard whilst Facebooking with friends about to board for the trip to Europe. Welcome to Celebrity as well. My first ship was the Constellation and a dozen or so voyages later have not looked back. I am a transatlantic guy with a passion for my sea days and of all lines I have tried Celebrity is my favorite. It is a great line with terrific ships and crews. Have a safe journey home and see you around seas!

Thank you Chris for a fabulous review of the Silhouette! I will be sailing her next January. Quick question--- do you think it is quicker to take your own luggage off the ship or leave it outside the door the night before. I am just trying to find out which would be quicker.

Thanks again,

Brenda

Thank you Chris for a fabulous review of the Silhouette! I will be sailing her next January. Quick question--- do you think it is quicker to take your own luggage off the ship or leave it outside the door the night before. I am just trying to find out which would be quicker.

Thanks again,

Brenda

My friends walked off with their luggage and it seemed to go quick for them. If you're not in a hurry leave them outside the door. One of the very few complaints I have about Celebrity is the disembarkation process. It's horrible. Terminal 25 is a joke IMHO

Ok as promised my friends I will start to give all of you my ratings and opinions on Celebrity Silhouette. I'll start with the good... which was a lot :)

First off IMHO, the food is excellent! Bistro On Five is a gem that was not crowded any day of the cruise, even the day we boarded. The crepes are great, especially the Cowboy and Mediterranean! Blu? Well Blu was excellent. Food without the heavy creams and sauces can be delicious! I had breakfast there every morning except yesterday. Qsine and Tuscan Grille are both very good but word of warning for Qsine... go hungry! It's a lot of food!! Lawn Club Grill was good but it also is on my last of things bad for this cruise and I will explain why later. I did not do the buffet so I cannot comment on it.

Oh and most importantly, the coffee is excellent, especially at Cafe Al Bacio.

Food: definitely an A on my scorecard