Hump cabin???????????

midwestchick

Advantages....disadvantages. I'd like to hear opinions...we have a hump cabin booked, deck 7 port side, mid ship. We've only sailed once before so I'm only somewhat familiar of how ships are laid out.

It's a great location. You are right by the mid-ship elevators which are convenient to everything but the cabin is very quiet because there is a wall between your cabin and the elevator lobby. You also have a great view with no lifeboats directly below your cabin. Enjoy!

It's a great location. You are right by the mid-ship elevators which are convenient to everything but the cabin is very quiet because there is a wall between your cabin and the elevator lobby. You also have a great view with no lifeboats directly below your cabin. Enjoy!

Thank you....will I be able to see well aft and forward or will this be blocked in some way?

Advantages....disadvantages. I'd like to hear opinions...we have a hump cabin booked, deck 7 port side, mid ship. We've only sailed once before so I'm only somewhat familiar of how ships are laid out.

You seem to be all over the place. Tell us what cabin you have booked so we can give you opinions.

Not sure what you mean by that....:confused: :confused: :confused:

Looks to me like that is a great spot. You have a clearer view fore & aft because of the hump, you're midship which will minimize rocking fore & aft. You're by the elevator but not right in front of it. You have cabins above and below you.

If only you were on the starboard side - then you'd have a GREAT view.

(I'm kidding. The water is equally blue on either side.icon12.gif)

Steer your anticipation toward fun, not worry. You're going to have an amazing room & wonderful cruise. Enjoy!

Hi there...we've got 7223 and 7227 March 2014. Would love to know, once you've cruised, how you liked you cabin location. :)

We had a hump on deck 10 cabin 1136 on the Reflection. Loved the extra size of the balcony and really liked the quiet cabin!

Close to the elevators and the library for early coffee.

Easy access to the stairs if we wanted to walk up or down.

Would take this cabin again if we sail the Reflection. Did AQ on the Silhouette and loved that also.

Can you tell I would take any room on the Celebrity Cruise lines?:eek:

I'll definitely post about the cabin after we return.

Loved Theologator's reply....I love balconies...I don't think I'd ever cruise in any other type of cabin.

I've spent a lot of time on cc, trying to learn as much as I can. Our last cruise was a last minute thing and I only had a month to prepare....much different this time.

I am sooooooooo excited about this cruise and the ports. :D :D

This is a standard cabin with nothing special other than it is a good location to the elevators, and a good vertical location on the ship as well as being midship. It has a standard size balcony, the hump cabins you hear of with the big balconies are on the angle of the hump.

Some cruisers that are sensitive to smoke have stated they smelled smoke in this area due to being 2 decks up from the smoking area on deck 5 portside.

Enjoy your cruise.

We had a hump on deck 10 cabin 1136 on the Reflection. Loved the extra size of the balcony and really liked the quiet cabin!

To clarify this: the majority of the cabins on the hump are on the flat side and have standard sized balconies. One can see a full 180 degrees from these cabins, looking along the sides of the ship both forward and aft.

Then there are cabins on the slant - the ones referred to by cruiserone. These are technically on the hump, but are identical cabins set in from the flat, creating larger balconies with a slanted railing making one side of the balcony wider than the other. These don't have that full 180 degree view. You will have a view down one side of the ship, but the other side will be blocked by those cabins next to you that extend further out towards the edge of the ship and enjoy seeing the full length of the ship.

My wife and I prefer the flat balconies for the 180 degree view. We find we don't need the extra space of the larger slanted balconies.

zvu8ih.jpg

33xatn6.jpg

Edited by boogs

I'm currently sitting on my veranda of 7229 on the Silhouette looking out at the beautiful blue water. After having been on the ship all week, I wouldn't trade this location for any other (unless it was a suite!). You'll love it.

And yes, if you look left you can see all the way aft, and look right all the way to the bridge.

We were on 7241 in the Silhouette for last year's WB TA and loved it! Our friends were in a 2D - 6210 and they also loved it and got it at great price. We are both booked in the same cabins for a back to back next year.

I notice that many of these hump cabins have a connecting door. How does that affect the furniture arrangement?

Connecting doors on S class are between the cabin doors and the corridors, so there are no furniture issues.

I'm currently sitting on my veranda of 7229 on the Silhouette looking out at the beautiful blue water. After having been on the ship all week, I wouldn't trade this location for any other (unless it was a suite!). You'll love it.

And yes, if you look left you can see all the way aft, and look right all the way to the bridge.

I am SOOO jealous of you right now! Enjoy!

We were on 7241 in the Silhouette for last year's WB TA and loved it! Our friends were in a 2D - 6210 and they also loved it and got it at great price. We are both booked in the same cabins for a back to back next year.

LOL that's funny because I always book the one about 7241 which is 8279 LOL. I'm so sad though, as it's taken for the cruise I want to do in May! :( My honeymoon, no less! It's been our cabin on 2 of the S class ships so far.

Thank you....will I be able to see well aft and forward or will this be blocked in some way?

We had 9211 on Solstice, which was on the forward portion of the hump and had a great angled balcony with super view forward. Our view aft was somewhat blocked, but that was not a problem.

We also love the hump cabins and always try to book them. We prefer the ones starting at the curve that have the largest balcony. With them we can see the full 180 and have a large balcony. We had 8257 last year on the Silhouette and booked it again for next year on the Eclipse. This year we have 9215 on the Eclipse, one deck above 8257. Here are some pics from our review.

Sil_OnShip_IMG_6477.jpg

Sil_OnShip_IMG_5202.jpg

To clarify this: the majority of the cabins on the hump are on the flat side and have standard sized balconies. One can see a full 180 degrees from these cabins, looking along the sides of the ship both forward and aft.

Then there are cabins on the slant - the ones referred to by cruiserone. These are technically on the hump, but are identical cabins set in from the flat, creating larger balconies with a slanted railing making one side of the balcony wider than the other. These don't have that full 180 degree view. You will have a view down one side of the ship, but the other side will be blocked by those cabins next to you that extend further out towards the edge of the ship and enjoy seeing the full length of the ship.

My wife and I prefer the flat balconies for the 180 degree view. We find we don't need the extra space of the larger slanted balconies.

zvu8ih.jpg

33xatn6.jpg

I love this picture....shows the balcony perfectly. :)

MVP in Boynton....loved your review and pictures...we're doing a pre-cruise also, beginning in Venice.

Mattingly23....ahhhhh.....enjoy your time on the balcony.

Is it September yet? LOL :D :D

Another advantage of your location --- The Tree House coffee cart.

You can get coffee or tea just about any time you want right outside your door. When we were on Silhouette though we noticed that the sliding doors were left open, so we could sometimes faintly hear the music from the atrium. This wasn't a problem for us, but then I can't hear very well, so it could affect others. We were in 7262, one of the cabins on the slant.

You will enjoy your trip - Silhouette is a lovely ship with a fantastic Bacio crew when we traveled. Our morning routine often involved coffee from Bacio and then freshly squeezed OJ from Ocean View bar. We did have a drinks package.

Bon Voyage - after the summer.