Booked RCI again, let's see if we keep it this time!

Last year we booked a 6 day on IOS but cancelled it as we found a great cruise on the Carnival Breeze 8 Day for the same price....

We just booked a 7 day on FOS for a great price of around 3,100 for a Family Promenade Stateroom. We are holding out for a Disney Sale, but if that doesn't happen and as long as nothing else comes up with work, family, etc, we will likely give RCI a shot. Previous 3 cruises were on Carnival, and we are looking to see for ourselves if RCI is more of a fit for us....!

Not getting too excited as we cancelled last year but heck it passes the time for now!

Hope you make it and find out for yourself. :)

reviews look great so unless something earth shattering happens we should. I love to plan ahead while my wife just sits in a daze LOL. Next step is looking for pre and post cruise hotels, and airfare out of Barfalo for us Canucks...

Last year we booked a 6 day on IOS but cancelled it as we found a great cruise on the Carnival Breeze 8 Day for the same price....

We just booked a 7 day on FOS for a great price of around 3,100 for a Family Promenade Stateroom. We are holding out for a Disney Sale, but if that doesn't happen and as long as nothing else comes up with work, family, etc, we will likely give RCI a shot. Previous 3 cruises were on Carnival, and we are looking to see for ourselves if RCI is more of a fit for us....!

Not getting too excited as we cancelled last year but heck it passes the time for now!

You will be impressed with RCI. There is no comparing the Freedom class with any Carnival ship and the entertainment will be similarly better. You will also find the food better.

Why would you book if you don't plan on keeping it?

hard to find cabins that work for our family of 5, and they sell out quick. We looked at Family Promenade Staterooms a month ago or so, and they were sold out. Wife called yesterday to check again and 1 opened up so we grabbed. Royal's cancellation policy makes the decision easier in case something comes up...

Well what a coincidence. We booked on Freedom today as well! And we're flying out of Buffalo(we're Canadian) AND we're in promenade state rooms:D

We booked two connecting promenade inside rooms for about 3500 and we're super excited!!

Well what a coincidence. We booked on Freedom today as well! And we're flying out of Buffalo(we're Canadian) AND we're in promenade state rooms:D

We booked two connecting promenade inside rooms for about 3500 and we're super excited!!

very cool, we have a few months to look for Airfare but normally will fly Blue or Southwest. When do you leave?

You will love the Promenade rooms

very cool, we have a few months to look for Airfare but normally will fly Blue or Southwest. When do you leave?

We are flying out August 23rd for the sailing on the 25th. We already had the airfare for a Disney trip but we've been to Disney quite a bit and we haven't cruised in about 5 years so we made the switch to the cruise.

We're flying with Airtran and Southwest. I prefer Jetblue a little bit but they were much higher this time.

I know this is the RCCL forum and I can't wait for my Oasis cruise in Sept - but if Disney comes up with a good deal - grab it. There is really nothing like a Disney cruise! They really are a unique experience. (I hope this doesn't get me blacklisted on this board).

Our upcoming Freedom cruise will be our first Royal cruise. We've booked a few times and had to cancel for whatever reasons. When we booked this cruise, I was wondering what misfortune would come up this time, but so far so good (fingers crossed).

Our upcoming Freedom cruise will be our first Royal cruise. We've booked a few times and had to cancel for whatever reasons. When we booked this cruise, I was wondering what misfortune would come up this time, but so far so good (fingers crossed).

good luck and review for me pls!

I know this is the RCCL forum and I can't wait for my Oasis cruise in Sept - but if Disney comes up with a good deal - grab it. There is really nothing like a Disney cruise! They really are a unique experience. (I hope this doesn't get me blacklisted on this board).

Disney had some 25% off deals for us Canucks sailing out of Miami in January/February but we had our Breeze paid for, etc. I don't think they advertise any of theirs that far out, so if they do come up with one it would have to be before our final payment which is mid-Sept I think. A 5 day Disney is all we can put in our budget so time will tell.

reviews look great so unless something earth shattering happens we should. I love to plan ahead while my wife just sits in a daze LOL. Next step is looking for pre and post cruise hotels, and airfare out of Barfalo for us Canucks...

My DW and I were on the Freedom last September. Had a great time. We live about 100 miles east of Toronto and we flew out of Buffalo. Got a good price on Jet Blue

unless you live in florida, it's very unlikely you'll ever get a good deal on one of the new disney ships (dream and fantasy).

for non-floridians, they only offer deals on their two older ships (and even those deals are very few and far between - and usually only after final payment date).

I've been on 3 disney cruises - twice on the wonder and once on the dream. We were pretty bored on the Wonder. The Dream on the other hand is a gorgeous ship. However, if you enjoy evening and late night adult entertainment don't bother with Disney. On the other hand, if all you care about is family entertainment and kids clubs and you go to bed early, then Disney is a good choice.

Disney had some 25% off deals for us Canucks sailing out of Miami in January/February but we had our Breeze paid for, etc. I don't think they advertise any of theirs that far out, so if they do come up with one it would have to be before our final payment which is mid-Sept I think. A 5 day Disney is all we can put in our budget so time will tell.

out of miami would mean one of the older ships. The Dream and Fantasy only sail out of port canaveral.

unless you live in florida, it's very unlikely you'll ever get a good deal on one of the new disney ships (dream and fantasy).

for non-floridians, they only offer deals on their two older ships (and even those deals are very few and far between - and usually only after final payment date).

I've been on 3 disney cruises - twice on the wonder and once on the dream. We were pretty bored on the Wonder. The Dream on the other hand is a gorgeous ship. However, if you enjoy evening and late night adult entertainment don't bother with Disney. On the other hand, if all you care about is family entertainment and kids clubs and you go to bed early, then Disney is a good choice.

out of miami would mean one of the older ships. The Dream and Fantasy only sail out of port canaveral.

yes that would be the only drawback. The newer ships are so over priced for our budget it's crazy.

You will love the Freedom and the Family Promenade cabin. It has lots of space and the tub and walk-in closet were a bonus!! We are staying in a Family Promeande cabin for the second time on our upcoming Freedom cruise next March.

Archived