RCI $100 Shareholder discount, do I have to go through TA?

I completely forgot about the RCI $100 shareholder discount when I booked my cruise and spoke to an agent. Because we're Platinum, we got a $75 balcony discount.

I know you cannot combine the two, but if I call them at least I can get an extra $25.

I recently transferred my reservation to an online TA. Can I still call RCI directly to get the discount, or because the TA now owns all payment issues do I have to go through him?

On a related note, for those of you that have gotten the shareholder credit, do you "black out" all the other details on your stock statements and just show the minimum 100 shares of RCI? RCI has no business knowing what other stock holdings I have, so this should be acceptable, no?

Did you mean shareholder OBC? You can combine that with the balcony discount...You can email your statement showing your ownership of the stock to RCCL shareholder benefit and they will post the OBC to your booking, no need to go through your TA.

Did you mean shareholder OBC? You can combine that with the balcony discount...You can email your statement showing your ownership of the stock to RCCL shareholder benefit and they will post the OBC to your booking, no need to go through your TA.

No you can't.

I completely forgot about the RCI $100 shareholder discount when I booked my cruise and spoke to an agent. Because we're Platinum, we got a $75 balcony discount.

I know you cannot combine the two, but if I call them at least I can get an extra $25.

I recently transferred my reservation to an online TA. Can I still call RCI directly to get the discount, or because the TA now owns all payment issues do I have to go through him?

On a related note, for those of you that have gotten the shareholder credit, do you "black out" all the other details on your stock statements and just show the minimum 100 shares of RCI? RCI has no business knowing what other stock holdings I have, so this should be acceptable, no?

Yes black out everything except your name, the RCI stock name, and the number of shares.

Since the balcony discount affects the price of the cruise, the OP would have to contact the TA to remove the balcony discount. Then the shareholder OBC can be requested by sending an email to shareholderbenefit@rccl.com.

Who knows, with the price of the cruise going up, the TA gets more commission, so maybe the TA gives the OP another perk? Might be worth more than $25.

C&A Balcony discount can not be combined with a shareholder OBC. you need to ask your TA to remove the C&A discount then you can apply for the shareholder OBC

Since the balcony discount affects the price of the cruise, the OP would have to contact the TA to remove the balcony discount. Then the shareholder OBC can be requested by sending an email to shareholderbenefit@rccl.com.

Who knows, with the price of the cruise going up, the TA gets more commission, so maybe the TA gives the OP another perk? Might be worth more than $25.

Thanks for the responses. This is what I was wondering. I'm not sure what the thresholds are for OBC for the travel agents, but since the $75 off affects the price of the cruise, and the $100 shareholder OBC does not, I thought there might be some benefit to making the switch. Even though it is a minor annoyance having to now go through the TA. Only problem is that the TA has confirmed the amount of OBC with me, not sure if he's willing to give me even more.

Not to mention that if even after final payment, the price of the cruise drops, because I would have paid $75 more instead of getting the balcony discount, there might be a higher chance for an upgrade. At least that's my thinking.

Yes, when I send it in, I black out the other shares. I figure they dont need to know all my business

Archived