Ongoing Triumph Issues -should I switch ships

jtwanabe

I've tired hard not to overreact regarding the Triumph latest troubles.

I am booked in October. Seems like a long way a way. However it's not

out of the realm of possibilities that the Triumph might not be in service

by then. Maybe they will decide that the reputation is so tarnished that

they need to hold it back for a complete redo.

Okay I sound like chicken little but put yourself in my shoes. I'm wondering

if I shouldn't just transfer to the Magic for this year. I would hate to get the

email cancelling my cruise and I get left scrambling among thousands of others

to get booked on the Magic.

Please don't lecture me just give me some guidance.

Thanks

if you are that uncomfortable with it, then by all means change it. You will be sailing on a much newer ship that doesn't have all the "baggage" attached to it.

Otherwise you are going to spend from now until October wondering and worrying........not worth the stress.

At least this is what I would do.......:o

I've tired hard not to overreact regarding the Triumph latest troubles.

I am booked in October. Seems like a long way a way. However it's not

out of the realm of possibilities that the Triumph might not be in service

by then. Maybe they will decide that the reputation is so tarnished that

they need to hold it back for a complete redo.

Okay I sound like chicken little but put yourself in my shoes. I'm wondering

if I shouldn't just transfer to the Magic for this year. I would hate to get the

email cancelling my cruise and I get left scrambling among thousands of others

to get booked on the Magic.

Please don't lecture me just give me some guidance.

Thanks

I think your cruise will likely go as scheduled... They are gonna have the Triumph sailing by then (October is a long way off)... But, if you can afford to switch to the Magic, then go for it... I think the Magic is far nicer than the Triumph anyway.

I understand your delima. We are in your shoes as we have a B2B scheduled for Sept. I have not been worried about the situation as of now. That may change as time goes by. We are retired, so our schedule to cruise is pretty flexible if we have to change ships. I really do belive they will have it all worked out by then baring any further issues.

I would say if you are that worried about it change to the Magic. You will be more relaxed and looking forward to your cruise. No one can falt you for that.

Enjoy What ever you choose to do.

Gary & Rox

I think the Triumph will be fine by Oct. But if it will make you feel better, switch over. You're far enough outside the penalty phase so it should be no problem.

No need for you to worry for months. Enjoy whatever cruise you decide to go on.

We are on it Oct 21, and I am not very concerned. We are booked ES , and if they did cancel it, I don't see how they could penalize us..I also think if it is not back in service by then , that it will never be, but I hope it is , as we like it very much..

Even if there weren't any troubles with the Triumph, I'd still switch to the Magic.

I totally agree with you also book the Magic.

Tapi....I loved your review of the Allure of the Seas. We are thinking of doing that or the Oasis the end of the year.

The way I see it , that ship will have been gone over with a fine tooth comb!! I would keep it, I loved the Triumph both times we were on it!

I would keep it too if I wasn't worried... unlike the OP. Kill the worries now and switch the cruise.

I totally agree with you also book the Magic.

Tapi....I loved your review of the Allure of the Seas. We are thinking of doing that or the Oasis the end of the year.

Agree with this poster, Tapi and others. Make the switch to Magic. Overall win,newer ship, ease of mind for yourself thinking of issues on the Triumph! You don't want to loose that cruise excitement!

Have a great cruise on whichever you decide!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. We would love to do the Allure/Oasis again. :D

Thanks for all the great comments. Running the numbers it looks like it would cost me an additional $500.00 + to switch.

$50 to CCL handling

$40 in lost OBC

$400 in increased ticket cost

The two extra days I imagine would boost my taxes & insurance

For a lot of reasons I cruise in October. If I were to get cancelled on than I'm more or less out of luck until the following October.

I pick this cruise because it gets me through the dog days of summer and gives me something to work towards. Plus I genuinely

like the Triumph.

Ah decisions, decisions.

Thanks,

JT:o

I would wait it out. If it isn't sailing in October they will know well before that. If they cancel you out they will give you a refund plus a nice discount on another cruise so you should make out OK financially if you go on Carnival.

We've been on the Magic twice and it was really nothing to write home about. I would switch to the Conquest over the Magic.

Heck if I was sailing in Oct I would probably postpone my vacation for a couple of weeks and switch to the Navigator out of Galveston or the Caribbean Princess (starting Nov 9) out of Houston. Those fares are not much higher than the Magic right now.

I am a planner and worrier... I would switch, it's with it for the piece of mind. I would all carnival for a deal after explaining the reason for the switch. If you don't like the 1st answer hang up and call again. You may luck up with someone willing to help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JMO but we are not wild about the Magic either, even though we are booked on it again..Too many problems with seating at the comedy club, and long lines for my time dining, and then waiting to be served another 30 min or so, mostly due to not enough MTD staff..

I would wait it out. If it isn't sailing in October they will know well before that. If they cancel you out they will give you a refund plus a nice discount on another cruise so you should make out OK financially if you go on Carnival.

We've been on the Magic twice and it was really nothing to write home about. I would switch to the Conquest over the Magic.

Heck if I was sailing in Oct I would probably postpone my vacation for a couple of weeks and switch to the Navigator out of Galveston or the Caribbean Princess (starting Nov 9) out of Houston. Those fares are not much higher than the Magic right now.

Archived