Liberty of the Seas **LIVE** Transatlantic Review - 7th to 20th April 2013

I suppose the eve of the cruise is a good place to start this review.

I will try to get answers to the questions from my other thread. Please look out for them if you asked me to find anything out for you.

For those of you who want facts and figures, we are on Liberty of the Seas from 8th to 20th April. We are staying in a D3 Stateroom with Balcony on deck 6. We paid £640 in total for 2 passengers excluding gratuities and have $150 OBC as we used an open booking certificate.

We flew in with charter airline Thomas Cook to Sanford Orlando from Manchester UK. The flight was excellent and well outranked Virgin Atlantic. There was more legroom, more comfortable seats and awesome food by celebrity chef James Martin. For 2 one way flights it cost us £400 in total.

We drove down to Vero Beach on the Treasure Coast which is halfway between Sanford and Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale. It was a 2 hour drive. Staying in a great hotel.

We're just packing the bits away we've used today ready for a departure time from Vero Beach of around 8.30am in the morning to Port Everglades. I can't wait. I'm like a child at Christmas - ha ha ha !

Once we've dropped the rental car into Budget and transferred on their bus to the port we hope to get there around 11.30am.

More tomorrow evening :-)

Thanks for doing a live report! I'll be on the Liberty in June for a Western-Med and next year, I would also like to do a Transatlantic (with Oasis). So I'm really curious about the ship and the trip :).

I suppose the eve of the cruise is a good place to start this review.

We paid £640 in total for 2 passengers excluding gratuities and have $150 OBC as we used an open booking certificate.

We flew in with charter airline Thomas Cook to Sanford Orlando from Manchester UK. The flight was excellent and well outranked Virgin Atlantic. There was more legroom, more comfortable seats and awesome food by celebrity chef James Martin. For 2 one way flights it cost us £400 in total.

Wow! That's a bargain! Do you use an American agent?

Good to hear your comments about Thomas Cook... we've been to FL twice and have flown Virgin both times, and were very disappointed with them. Seems the planes they use are ones that they've "retired" from their Heathrow fleet, so by the time the Orlando flights use them they're pretty tired looking.

I also can't stand Virgin's seating policy... We've always "reserved" seats and have only had one leg of a flight where we actually got the seats we'd reserved 9 months earlier. One flight we weren't even sitting together!

We'll definitely look at TC next time, so thanks for the advice, and have fun on your trip! :) Looking forward to reading all about it.

Hi there

We are on her from 5th May also flying in from Manchester. Can't wait!!! We are travelling with sister and b-I-l in adjoining staterooms and wondered if you could find out if we would be able to open up both balconies to make one big one. we like having room service breakfast (eggs benedict are to die for) and would like to eat together rather than on two separate balconies. Enjoy your cruise!

Hi there

We are on her from 5th May also flying in from Manchester. Can't wait!!! We are travelling with sister and b-I-l in adjoining staterooms and wondered if you could find out if we would be able to open up both balconies to make one big one. we like having room service breakfast (eggs benedict are to die for) and would like to eat together rather than on two separate balconies. Enjoy your cruise!

From what I remember all you have to do is ask the steward to open up the balcony for you and it would be done. But both parties have to be present to do that customer service also would take care of it.:):):)

Hi there

We are sailing on her June 21 st western med! I never knew you could order eggs benn y from room service oh boy This is my second rccl cruise I missed that on navigator last year this time I will have some thx

Someone just posted that sailaway is delayed. Was going to grab a screenshot for you. Hope all is well.

Dave

I tuned into the camera at 9pm UK time, 4pm FL time and there was a lot of small boat action going on around the ship, including one small boat with flashing blue lights...

I didn't think anything of it, and flipped to doing something else, and completely forgot... just went back to the camera now and was mighty surprised to see Liberty still sitting there... hope they get away soon...