New Cruise Critic App

wrigley80

I downloaded the new CC app and deleted the Tapatalk. Boy was that a mistake. I have experienced very sluggish scrolling (never had this problem before) & then there are the ads that weren't there on the Tapatalk.

For someone not on CC much, the new free app is ok I guess. But for medium to heavy readers - stay with Tapatalk. I'm reinstalling Tapatalk today & deleting the CC app.

Since they are apparently the same basic app I'm a little surprised at your experience. I haven't noticed any delays on my WiFi connected tablet.

The link for the New CC app popped on when I opened TapaTalk as someone else mention.

I also noticed the CC version would hang up when scrolling down the page.

My problem is that I cannot log in on either application. I think it's because I have an underscore in my CC Name.

I'll keep trying.

So does this CC app require Wi-Fi or does it run independently. I downloaded Deck Director the other night. It does not need WiFi... and it will help you find your way around your ship. I don't know how many times I get myself lost... even on the 7th day I still couldn't get where I was going.... Directional Disorder :p so I think this deck plan app where I can type in my starting point, my ending point and it will tell me how to get there and I can even tell it if I want to do stairs or elevators or if it's more than 3 flights of stairs, etc! :)

• Administrators
The link for the New CC app popped on when I opened TapaTalk as someone else mention.

I also noticed the CC version would hang up when scrolling down the page.

My problem is that I cannot log in on either application. I think it's because I have an underscore in my CC Name.

I'll keep trying.

Send me an email to: help@cruisecritic.com and ask to have the underscore removed from your user name. Tell 'em "Laura Sent You" :)

Laura

• Administrators

Some notes on the new app:

Yes, it is FREE! Free is good. Free comes with ads; pretty standard in the industry.

Yes, it is Tapatalk dressed up with Cruise Critic logowear. I think it looks great!

The "free" version of Tapatalk has ads, and less features.

The "paid" version of Taptalk has no ads, and is upgradeable w/ various add-on features. We're looking into some of those for our branded version.

Both the free and paid version of Tapatalk will allow you to use it on other forum-based communities that have enabled the feature on their message boards.

• Administrators
So does this CC app require Wi-Fi or does it run independently.

Yes, it is web-based so you'll need some type of internet access, whether it is via your smartphone's 3 or 4G connection or wi-fi.

Laura

I downloaded the new CC app and deleted the Tapatalk. Boy was that a mistake. I have experienced very sluggish scrolling (never had this problem before) & then there are the ads that weren't there on the Tapatalk.

For someone not on CC much, the new free app is ok I guess. But for medium to heavy readers - stay with Tapatalk. I'm reinstalling Tapatalk today & deleting the CC app.

I am also having issues with the new app. I find that when I type a comment, the keyboard is very sluggish. There is an annoying delay between when I type and when the words come up on the screen. I'm using an iPhone 4S. Instead of hearing little clicks and seeing the letters show up on the scene immediately as I type them, I hear silence and see nothing, and then all of a sudden a bunch of letters will show up all at once. This makes it very hard to see if I've made a typo and is rather frustrating. I guess I'll just go back to using tapatalk! Oh well, maybe this new app will work its kinks out and I can try it again in the future!

CC one is free but has Ads on it. If you want to avoid the ads pay the money for tapatalk. The CC one is basically like the tapatalk one with ads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Luckily I had already gotten Tapatalk, so I will try the free app, but if the ads are too prevalent, I'll be back to Tapatalk in a heartbeat.

I'm always willing to pay 99 cents to avoid ads in my apps.

Bill

Luckily I had already gotten Tapatalk, so I will try the free app, but if the ads are too prevalent, I'll be back to Tapatalk in a heartbeat.

I'm always willing to pay $99 to avoid ads in my apps.

Bill

Willing to pay $99 to avoid ads is a little extreme don't ya think????

Archived