“Live” from the "Jewel of the Seas": April 13-April 18,2013

Can parents use the slide?

I didn't have my kids with me so I didn't study the rules. I did glance at the rules and I think it said children under 6 had to slide with an adult. Other than that, I believe it said adults weren't allowed.

The water slide was only open for very limited hours. I think it was usually only open for about 2 hours per day.

Edited by UCF_Knight

I didn't have my kids with me so I didn't study the rules. I did glance at the rules and I think it said children under 6 had to slide with an adult. Other than that, I believe it said adults weren't allowed.

The water slide was only open for very limited hours. I think it was usually only open for about 2 hours per day.

I missed checking the rules too. One thing I did notice is it stated for family with kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

I'm sailing on the repo to San Juan 4 weeks from today. Thanks for serving up this "appetizer". :D

Have a fabulous time. Cheers, bon appetit and Bon Voyage!

:)Wear your Pirate outfit so that we can hello.DW and I going on theB2B on the repo.

Thank you for that last picture! Those are my favourite decks on the ship, with a drink and a book in hand, just sailing away. September can't get here fast enough!!

Exactly what deck is that? I plan to spend an hour there every evening.

:)That is deck 5. Only giving the promenade 1 hour? Have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks so much for a great review. Im looking forward to getting on board the Jewel June 8th. Im so excited. I was thinking about getting the drink package, but after thinking about how port intensive our itinerary is, I'd hate to waste liquor..oh I mean money...I'd hate to waste money;)..

Thank you, Glad you enjoyed.

What I decided to do for my next cruise in regards to the drink package, was budget $ 55 a day as though I got the drink package and see how I do against that. I know for this cruise even though I don't have and didn't get my final print out I know didn't drink enough. At times I did drink quite a bit within a short period of time though.:) Each day I tended not to even start to drink until after 5pm. I was going to try to book back on this ship for the reposition but its not looking like I'll be able to make that, so my next trip will most likely be on the Enchantment of the Seas in September. Since its a shorter cruise that won't offer the drink package, it can be my test cruise to then make a final decision for my Freedom of the Seas cruise in November.

Thank you both, UCF_Knight and MrFunInTheSun

MrFun, I've loved this tour and these pictures. Thanks!

Thank you, glad you enjoyed.

Thanks! With such a port intensive sailing, I don't suspect I'll have much more time than that.

You'll have a great time on the Jewel. She's such a beautiful ship, pictures don't do her justice, they just don't compare to seeing her in person.

Have a great cruise!

Deck 11 or 12,I'm pretty sure. Know it's the same deck as the pool.

It is deck 12 suspended over the top of the Centrum.

Thanks. Ill be booking Quantum when I board.

Centrum

IMG_6750_zpsc1cbbb60.jpg

It must be the chair... another grumpy person with arms folded in the same chair:eek:

Thanks for the warning, I will never, ever, sit in that particular chair! :D

...actually, I think I've been reading from the back forward (Yeah, I'm just that way :rolleyes:) SO, this might be the first grumpy person in the chair...

It must be the chair... another grumpy person with arms folded in the same chair:eek:

Thanks for the warning, I will never, ever, sit in that particular chair! :D

...actually, I think I've been reading from the back forward (Yeah, I'm just that way :rolleyes:) SO, this might be the first grumpy person in the chair...

You know I missed that from my other pictures. Note to future Jewel of the Seas cruisers, avoid that couch. It's the grumpy couch. :-)

Bye bye Mariner of the Seas..

D89B6CBE-3026-4740-AB0B-A50AE61CB109-3023-000003B41994C922_zps52044887.jpg

5E279825-CA69-491B-A3B7-5C5A688925C3-3023-000003B4284A9584_zpsdcd11167.jpg

F5D48944-EDC6-477F-A45B-1D2075ABED99-3023-000003B42B2103F4_zps7af67d28.jpg

BE2EC084-7515-478C-A33B-D41A93A4F14B-3023-000003B433CAD3BF_zpse7a07762.jpg

9DC5B29A-FEB7-4B57-B844-60502A721534-3023-000003B43EB57237_zps67c062fc.jpg

Next up to leave Cozumel is Carnival Glory I believe then us. All aboard is 630. We should set sail at 7:00.

What a perfect day here in Cozumel!

Hey! I'm in your pictures! We were on the Mariner, and we're out on our balcony for sailaway. No, you can't tell it's us, but it still makes me smile.

I have a lot of random pictures of people on other ships that were taken from my ship. I never really thought about how many people probably have a random picture of me!

Note to future Jewel of the Seas cruisers, avoid that couch. It's the grumpy couch.

Now THAT is funny. We looked down from deck 7 one time and noticed a teenage girl sitting in that exact seat pouting next to her mother. Her mom was enjoying the live music that was going on and eventually got up and started dancing. But the teenage girl just sat there on that couch with her arms crossed, a huge scowl on her face, and looking like she'd rather be anywhere else on the ship (in the world?) than there.

Avoid the grumpy couch!

Now THAT is funny. We looked down from deck 7 one time and noticed a teenage girl sitting in that exact seat pouting next to her mother. Her mom was enjoying the live music that was going on and eventually got up and started dancing. But the teenage girl just sat there on that couch with her arms crossed, a huge scowl on her face, and looking like she'd rather be anywhere else on the ship (in the world?) than there.

Avoid the grumpy couch!

Perhaps it's the "Time Out" couch and we missed the memo. :-/

Thanks for the great review and all of the pictures! Do you remember about what time it was that the ship sailed under the Sky View Bridge? Trying to coordinate diner plans that night and don't want to miss that view!

Thanks for the great review and all of the pictures! Do you remember about what time it was that the ship sailed under the Sky View Bridge? Trying to coordinate diner plans that night and don't want to miss that view!

Pretty sure it was 6:15-6:30 time frame. That's an evening to have a semi later dinner.

Have a great cruise!

Pretty sure it was 6:15-6:30 time frame. That's an evening to have a semi later dinner.

Have a great cruise!

Yep same here-we were on the 3/30 sailing and went under the bridge around 6:30-ish. We had early seating in the MDR but had a table by the window so I was able to take video of us going under the bridge. Not nearly as exciting probably as being out on deck, but it was still pretty cool. :)

Toured around the ship a bit more before another brief nap. After my nap I made my way to Champagne Bar again. Isn't this bar beautiful? Over seeing the beautiful ocean.

3DA2665B-1B95-4D95-9675-43F80BCD69F3-1696-00000268571B29B1_zpsbeb35be8.jpg

F5EAB234-EAF5-4ECE-B9E8-3D0551C22D3B-1696-00000268537F894E_zps64e6535a.jpg

E345F827-44BC-4BC0-ABB0-B38CC32ACCBC-1696-000002682AF3AE49_zps3e41b436.jpg

When you fall off the horse you just jump right back on. What better way than a Bloody Mary.

70A95BD4-7C92-4183-8DC2-96B435C46F42-1696-0000026822561A54_zps3c1e0d1e.jpg

Tonight's menu

99C334E6-80DC-4721-A45B-0379C4409D0E-1696-000002681CA71C94_zps196f53a7.jpg

After enjoying the view and my drink I'll make my way to Tides dining room. Not sure what will be on the agenda after that.

Thank you all for the great comments. Thank you to those that have answered some of the questions that were asked. I think all that were asked got answered? If not please let me know.

It's going to be another great evening aboard the Jewel of the Seas.

Till a later time "Live" from the Jewel of the Seas..

Wait...they charge you EXTRA for the good food?