Upgrade Fairy!

BrianC-80

Well, the wife and I are off on our second cruise in a couple of weeks time. The first time we won the trip and so were a bit apprehensive about going on a cruise, but we fell in love with the experience.

Anyway, so we booked a Norwegian Fjords trip to save money on leaving from the UK as it meant we wouldn't have to spend anything on airfare etc, and although we had an outside last time, we decided to get an L class inside this time around because it was cheaper.

But we noticed in the weeks prior to sailing that the outside cabin rates had come down to around the same as what we paid for our L inside. So my lovely wife contacted HAL they immediately offered us an upgrade to a DD class outside for free. We accepted (after checking first that the limited number of DDs were in locations that we'd be happy with).

So we're very excited now. :)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Good move! It will be nice to have a view to the great outdoors on this itinerary. Every passing sight is one to behold. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]I took this cruise last year. Bring your woolies! It can get cold up there! There was a heavy snowfall in the mountains near one of the ports. I had never had snow blindness before, but sure did that day. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]Have a great time! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Good move! It will be nice to have a view to the great outdoors on this itinerary. Every passing sight is one to behold. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]I took this cruise last year. Bring your woolies! It can get cold up there! There was a heavy snowfall in the mountains near one of the ports. I had never had snow blindness before, but sure did that day. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]Have a great time! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Brian is almost always a bit on the warm side (while I'm a frozen block of ice!) but even he was cold last year when we went to Alaska at the same time of the year. We stood out on the bow for a very long time during a snowstorm on our way into Glacier Bay. Thank goodness for the hot chocolate! I think I'll have no problem convincing him to bring several pieces of warm clothing this time :D

We're so pleased to get our free upgrade - now to see what cabin we actually get. I love the anticipation!

You are not going to believe what has happened.

We got an email through offering us an upsell to an A through BC class Vista cabin.

So we immediately called up Seattle as we didn't want to wait till the UK office opened tomorrow morning as we were excited.

So including the free upgrade to DD, we just managed to get upgraded from an L inside to an A (we've picked the cabin already!) for £99 per person.

I'm utterly stunned.

[quote name='BrianC-80']You are not going to believe what has happened.

We got an email through offering us an upsell to an A through BC class Vista cabin.

So we immediately called up Seattle as we didn't want to wait till the UK office opened tomorrow morning as we were excited.

So including the free upgrade to DD, we just managed to get upgraded from an L inside to an A (we've picked the cabin already!) for £99 per person.

I'm utterly stunned.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations. Excellent deal. Enjoy your trip.

Of course you'll always want the better stateroom from now on;).

Mumsy.

[quote name='Mumsysailor']Congratulations. Excellent deal. Enjoy your trip.

Of course you'll always want the better stateroom from now on;).

Mumsy.[/QUOTE]

Shh, don't tempt him :D We've already said we'd rather cruise often in a cave. We're just happy to have the experience of a balcony, at least once!

Archived