Are there any BAD S Class Concierge Cabins?

yvonneh

Hi,

I have a "hump" cabin reserved on the Equinox, that I am happy with. But, this morning a Guarantee Concierge Cabin is on sale for less than my 1A.

I was wondering is if I give up my large balcony could I be stuck with a "bad" Concierge cabin, or are all of them better than the 1A's?

I have had a CC before, and the extra amenities are not worth a price increase to me (IMHO), but if it's less....should I take it?

Thank you!!!

Hi,

I have a "hump" cabin reserved on the Equinox, that I am happy with. But, this morning a Guarantee Concierge Cabin is on sale for less than my 1A.

I was wondering is if I give up my large balcony could I be stuck with a "bad" Concierge cabin, or are all of them better than the 1A's?

I have had a CC before, and the extra amenities are not worth a price increase to me (IMHO), but if it's less....should I take it?

Thank you!!!

There are really no bad cabins, per se. They are all exactly the same except for the bed configuration, either by the bath or by the balcony.

You are in a great location on the ship and have an oversized balcony. If you switch to a CC cabin, you get upgraded bath towels/robes/room service menu, but you are giving up "location, location, location" and will most likely have a normal sized balcony. Do you need the large balcony -- are you traveling with others and plan to entertain. You have to decide what's more important to you, plus if you need the extra cruise credit that CC gives you.

Most of the C2 and C3 cabins are either up forward or back aft. Maybe the extra walking might be worth it to you. :)

I think your hump cabin may be better than many CC cabins, though it lack amenities.

How much less is the CC gty? Extra Captains club credits help people get to Elite quickly (and presumably to the next level if X adds one). So, are the extra Captain's club credits important to you? if the savings are substantial or if the extra credit is valuable to you, I'd roll the dice and switch. If the savings are small and the credits unimportant, I'd stay put.

Thank you so much, I totally forgot about the extra point!

This is a tough call... The extra point or a big balcony? It is for 12 nights, and I want to make sure we have a nice cabin. The price difference is not much, $460 total, but still, that would be nice to save and move up a category. :)

Decisions, decisions.

Look through the spreadsheet, paying particular attention to comments in red. These are reports from cruisers who have sailed in those cabins.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE

Library Lady, that is an amazing spread sheet. It is chock full of detailed vital information. I marked it as one of my favorites and won't book another Celebrity cruise without checking it first. Thank you so much for your link.

Thank you so much, I totally forgot about the extra point!

This is a tough call... The extra point or a big balcony? It is for 12 nights, and I want to make sure we have a nice cabin. The price difference is not much, $460 total, but still, that would be nice to save and move up a category. :)

Decisions, decisions.

So, you'd be saving $460, gaining some amenities, and find the extra CC credit desirable? in that case, I'd give up the bigger balcony and roll the dice on the gty. Remember, once your cabin is assigned, X will generally allow you to swap to another cabin in the exact same category (if one you like better is available).

Edit: Since yours is a port intensive Med cruise, will you really spend a lot of time on your bigger balcony, or will you be off the ship exploring the ports? Balcony size is less important to me on a med cruise...I'd spend the savings in port. Opinions vary, of course.

Also, locking in a lower price before final payment may leave you in a better spot to upgrade (again) if prices on nicer cabins drop after final payment.

So, you'd be saving $460, gaining some amenities, and find the extra CC credit desirable? in that case, I'd give up the bigger balcony and roll the dice on the gty. Remember, once your cabin is assigned, X will generally allow you to swap to another cabin in the exact same category (if one you like better is available).

Edit: Since yours is a port intensive Med cruise, will you really spend a lot of time on your bigger balcony, or will you be off the ship exploring the ports? Balcony size is less important to me on a med cruise...I'd spend the savings in port. Opinions vary, of course.

Also, locking in a lower price before final payment may leave you in a better spot to upgrade (again) if prices on nicer cabins drop after final payment.

Your right about being off the ship so much this cruise (it's our first Med.).

I didn't know once you had your GTY room assignment, X would permit you to change it.

I wonder if the price drops if I can move up a category as well, say if I got a C3 to C2 and so on after final payment?

Thank you for your thoughts, I appreciate it so much!

Your right about being off the ship so much this cruise (it's our first Med.).

I didn't know once you had your GTY room assignment, X would permit you to change it.

I wonder if the price drops if I can move up a category as well, say if I got a C3 to C2 and so on after final payment?

Thank you for your thoughts, I appreciate it so much!

Did you happen to get the 123 Promo with this booking? If so you probably can't keep it if you go to a guarantee rate.

Swapping cabins is nice if a cabin you like better happens to be available. sometimes none are available. it is easy if you booked direct. If you used a travel agent, you have to call the agent who calls X to ask to please swap.

As orv says, upgrading may not be easy if you have promos. It cannot hurt to ask, but try not to be upset if you hear no.

Thank you to all!

I am rolling the dice! I did give up my huge balcony room for the GTY CC. I figured, like stated above, we are not going to be in our cabin that much on this port intensive cruise. The big balcony is nice, but not a deal breaker. I have a little less of a final payment now, will earn and extra point towards Elite, a category "upgrade" and I got to keep all 3 of my 123/Captains Club promotion amenities.

A little unsettling not knowing what cabin we will receive, but I know it will be a fantastic cruise no matter what!

I can't wait!

I wanted to post this so everyone knows if you have a Five Star Rate and you haven't made your final payment YOU CAN keep your 123 and have the rate lowered. You just have to be persistent, many will tell you no. I am persistent because an X representative assured me that I could have the rate adjustment as many times as it dropped up until the final payment.

I have had rather good luck with guarantee cabins, and I hope you do too. Recently I decided to give up a hump C2 to roll the dice with an Aqua gty. we ended up with a pretty good A1 cabin, and now we will have Blu and aqua amenities. I am glad I took the risk, and I hope you will be too.

Congratulations! I have also been well-served by persistence. After your cabin is assigned, check it out on Library Lady's spreadsheet - then continue to "work it" if you need improvement. On my last Med cruise, the week before we sailed turned into "musical chairs" with the cabins and I made at least 2 improvements(location then angled balcony) in those final days.

Good luck!

Hi,

Thank you!!!

Research you cabin location. Pay attention to what is above and below it. Make sure the balcony view is clear if looking down to the water and or pier is importrant to you because sometimes that view is blocked by lifeboats and other things and all you can see is the top of the boats. That would be my suggestion.

Look through the spreadsheet, paying particular attention to comments in red. These are reports from cruisers who have sailed in those cabins.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE

Thank you, outstanding information, have saved in XLS for future reference, again, thank you !!!

:)

Thank you so much Starry Eyes, and BamaD!

I am so happy to hear both of your encouraging words!

There are quite a few C3's available on your sailing. I would ask your TA or Celebrity, depending who you booked with, to assign you a cabin right away. Then you can change to another cabin within that same category and hopefully get a better location.

There are quite a few C3's available on your sailing. I would ask your TA or Celebrity, depending who you booked with, to assign you a cabin right away. Then you can change to another cabin within that same category and hopefully get a better location.

I have a TA. I didn't know you can make this request. I will certainly try!

So, have you had success changing cabins as well?

Thank you!

I have a TA. I didn't know you can make this request. I will certainly try!

So, have you had success changing cabins as well?

Thank you!

Last November on a transatlantic, they had a special after final payment on Suite GTY. I called my travel agent to ask them to assign me a particular stateroom. There were a bunch available and I wanted a certain one because of location. They did assign it to me.

Since there are so many C3's available on your sailing, they may go ahead and assign one right away, then you can look on line to see what else is available then switch.

Last November on a transatlantic, they had a special after final payment on Suite GTY. I called my travel agent to ask them to assign me a particular stateroom. There were a bunch available and I wanted a certain one because of location. They did assign it to me.

Since there are so many C3's available on your sailing, they may go ahead and assign one right away, then you can look on line to see what else is available then switch.

How can you tell that there are so many C3's??

Archived