Prices of Drinks and Wine packages.

deercottage

Booked our first cruise with "O" for next year. Have done many cruises with other lines but "O' has our attention with the good comments on this board. I have been searching for the price of drinks and wine packages. Can you help me with this?

Chris.

Booked our first cruise with "O" for next year. Have done many cruises with other lines but "O' has our attention with the good comments on this board. I have been searching for the price of drinks and wine packages. Can you help me with this?

Chris.

HOUSE SELECT - $34.95

Per Guest Per Day (Gratuity Included)

Wine & Beer

This package includes beer and a selection of wines by the glass during lunch and dinner in any dining venue or through room service.*

PRESTIGE SELECT - $54.95

Per Guest Per Day (Gratuity Included)

Wine, Beer & Spirits

This UNLIMITED package includes beer, a selection of wines by the glass, most top shelf spirits and cocktails, all of which may be ordered at any onboard venue as well as through room service.*

if you do like a drink before and after the meals and a glass of wine the "prestige " package is a good deal

including French Champagne : normal price 18 $ and cognac XO normal price 25 $ and all the martini's served in the shaker .

there are also packages of 3 bottles of wine available from a specia list

the first day there is a sommelier and a bartender available to give additional information.

Is there info anywhere on the O website about buying 3 bottles of wine at a time? I still have time before next year to figure out what is the best way to get my daily drinks but think the regular packages will not do since we will be off the ship during the day most of the time on both cruises. We would not then get full benefit of the more expensive pkg but the economical pkg might not be right either.

Is there info anywhere on the O website about buying 3 bottles of wine at a time?

There is nothing on the Website about this, as this refers to the Sale Table that just about every Cruise Ship sets up to manage their Wine Inventory by offering passengers various wine bargains during a cruise.

On Oceania, they bundle the wines at this table, and the more bottles that one buys, the larger the Discount. Expect to save from ten to twenty percent, unless the cruise takes the ship to a new Region, in which case you may make a killing on the local Wines of her previous locale.

No mention is madeof specific labels or vintages until you are actually on the ship, but we found there to be a heavy emphasis on good, solid Vin Ordinaire mixed in with the Specials and closeouts that one might expect.

We chose the Premium package on our January cruise on the Riviera. We were delighted with the selection of wines by the glass at lunch and dinner - about 12 in all and some very nice ones. We also like to have a Calvados after dinner and this was no problem at all on the package... Very good value, that package!

If you do not want the drinks package the regular drinks range from $5 to $12 on average +18% tax/gratuity

Some higher end libations can go to $25 + 18%

You can always take a bottle or two to have in your cabin if you choose

If you are not a big drinker or you are port intensive the "pay as you drink" may work for you

There are always options

Lyn

Is there info anywhere on the O website about buying 3 bottles of wine at a time? I still have time before next year to figure out what is the best way to get my daily drinks but think the regular packages will not do since we will be off the ship during the day most of the time on both cruises. We would not then get full benefit of the more expensive pkg but the economical pkg might not be right either.

The 'three at a time' is also not on the website as it is setup by the Cellar Master based on their current inventory.

We have received a sheet in our cabin with a selection of wines. If two (in total) are ordered the price charged is what is in each wines 'two price' column. There is also a column with a price if three, in total, are purchased. This way you can mix up your selection and get the maximum reduction. A gratuity will be added to the total and charged to your shipboard account.

The wines will be stored in the ship's cellars until you request one in any of the dining venues.

The drink package is a pretty good deal. The section is good on the wines, and for cocktails it can't be beat. You don't have to drink that much to make the package work for you. We've taken it on every cruise since they started, and we've booked it for the next two cruises coming up. It's easy, and works.

Rick

the 3 bottles : you have to chose from a special list what was presented at the display where you could sign for one of the packages.

not the entire wine list was involved

italian white from Gaja was available in it.

Thanks to all for the info but now another question. Do you pay the corkage fee when they bring you one of the purchased bottles in the dining room?

No you do not. The corkage fee only applies to wines which were not purchased through Oceania.

you have to pay 25 $ to drink your own wine in one of the restaurants or bars

you do not have to pay if you drink it in your stateroom and contrarely to other lines you can buy licor ashore and take it to your cabin .

And so, the question is: Does anyone have an actual list of what is included (brands) on the two drink packages? Also, what else is available that is NOT on either package?

I remember reading that only the very high end Cognac is not included

It had a bunch of X's & O's in the name

everything else is on the package list

I am sure there was a list posted earlier here maybe a search would turn it up

And so, the question is: Does anyone have an actual list of what is included (brands) on the two drink packages? Also, what else is available that is NOT on either package?

As far as I know there isn't any list, but the Prestige Package is virtually open bar. There are a (very few) single malts and hundred year old cognacs which are excluded, but that is to be expected in any unlimited Package.

All Beers are included in both Packages as well as all of the wines which are being served by the glass; the difference being that the House Select Package provides service only with meals.

Bottles of Wine are not a feature of either Package, and, very oddly, the Sake in Red Ginger (even when served by the glass) has been specifically excluded.

On our March cruise, I only noticed 2 things that were not included: Remy Martin Louis XIII (at $125 / glass) and the Johnny Walker Blue Label (not listed).

We just returned from the March 18th sailing in Rivera. We went back and forth trying to decide whether to purchase the package to include specialty drinks as well as the wine. Towards the end of the cruise, I was a bit burnt out on all the drinks, but still managed a couple of Piña Colada's out by the pool on the last sea days., which went down very well! It was nice not having to worry about the bill at the end of the cruise. We plan on purchasing it again on our Western Caribbean cruse next March. I enjoyed trying some champagnes that I wouldn't have tried before. At Martinis, I was able to try some strange but interesting martinis. If I didn't love them, no harm! (My husband would just take it!) He enjoyed a few beers upon returning from the days port days. Some people brought rum back on board after trips to Mount Gay distillery and were able to keep them. We brought a small bottle back after seeing that they weren't taken away, to taste the local rum in our room on the balcony. Hope this helps!

I like having a cocktail before dinner, usually a beer or two with the meal and a relaxing digestif with my coffee to finish it all off. Also, I really like the taste of the better liquors and liqueurs. DW, on the other hand, has one drink and her rate of conversation increases exponentially; two drinks and she will fall asleep in her salad.

We have recently taken to having wine with dinner but again the H to W drinking ratio is skewed disproportionally to H.

How does O view the idea of having one person sign up for the drink & wine package and then share with the spouse?

I like having a cocktail before dinner, usually a beer or two with the meal and a relaxing digestif with my coffee to finish it all off. Also, I really like the taste of the better liquors and liqueurs. DW, on the other hand, has one drink and her rate of conversation increases exponentially; two drinks and she will fall asleep in her salad.

We have recently taken to having wine with dinner but again the H to W drinking ratio is skewed disproportionally to H.

How does O view the idea of having one person sign up for the drink & wine package and then share with the spouse?

Archived